EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Dahab

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dahab
fergysmate
Member # 1937

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fergysmate   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a few hours to go till I get to Cairo, I am going over to Dahab on Saturday to a place called Meridien Dahab, is it part of the Meridien group?

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, what's the going rate from Cairo Airport to Manial?

Thanks in Advance.

14 hours and counting.......

Fergy's Mate

Posts: 5 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fergysmate:

Also, what's the going rate from Cairo Airport to Manial?

In a taxi? Expet to pay anywhere from LE35 to LE50. Do you know where you are going or is the taxi driver going to have to find an address? Hope not. Why don't you have your friends come pick you up? It might be easier.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymon
Member # 3727

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Debbie is right about the amount of money ...
If the taxi driver told you: this price is not true, don't believe him.

I think any hotel in Egypt that bears a famous chain’s name must be really belonging to the chain ... so Meridien Dahab is certainly a hotel of Meridien chain/group.

------------------
youregypt forum … your convenient answer to your question about Egypt

Posts: 288 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Raymon:

I think any hotel in Egypt that bears a famous chain’s name must be really belonging to the chain ... so Meridien Dahab is certainly a hotel of Meridien chain/group.

Raymon - You are joking, right? In the land of Copyright law abuse, you think this could be true? NO WAY!

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fergysmate
Member # 1937

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fergysmate   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the replies, the taxi was 40, but my luggage is still in FRankfurt!

The Meridien Dahab used to be called the Helnan Dahab, so that is now clear.

Cairo is hotter than before!

\All is good in the land of Sun and Sand!

Nigel (Fergy's Mate)

Posts: 5 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymon
Member # 3727

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Debbie,
No ... no kidding wallahy. I think in Egypt copyrights are not infringed with hotel names, especially in new resorts.

And I do understand your words, having stayed once in a faked "Sheraton" in the most violating country of copyrights in the Middle East.

quote:
Originally posted by Debbie:
Raymon - You are joking, right? In the land of Copyright law abuse, you think this could be true? NO WAY!

------------------
youregypt forum … your convenient answer to your question about Egypt

Posts: 288 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymon
Member # 3727

Rate Member
Hey ... what a paradox,
My brother used to work at that hotel ... and he captured the main image and image3 at that page: http://www.youregypt.com/eguide/destinations/sinai/south/dahab/

quote:
Originally posted by fergysmate:
Thanks for the replies, the taxi was 40, but my luggage is still in FRankfurt!

The Meridien Dahab used to be called the Helnan Dahab, so that is now clear.

Cairo is hotter than before!

\All is good in the land of Sun and Sand!

Nigel (Fergy's Mate)

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com