EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Anyone stayed at The Sheriton Miramar in El Gouna

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone stayed at The Sheriton Miramar in El Gouna
spanglydoo
Member # 4019

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for spanglydoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone out there stayed at the Sheriton Miramar in El Gouna as I'm going to be staying there next month and would love to know what you thought of it. Also what is available in the surrounding areas. I'll be taking my 2 teenage daughters with me (age 15 and 16) and would like to know what is available for them as they are a bit worried that there will be nothing for them to do. thanks.
Posts: 2 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aischa
Member # 2661

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for aischa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear,
in answering also your second message I want to let you know, that you can do everything in el gouna. there are discos, wonderful beaches, go-kart and you can go by bus to hurghada, which youb can find all kind of restaurants. el gouna it expencive, has european prices, not like hurghada itself.
If you want to see typical arabic retaurants take the bus to hurghada and you find a lot of fish restaurants, arabian kitchen a.s.o. to a very low price.
if you go shopping, be careful. be also careful for the egyptian boys, who tells you that they love you but only wants to have money and free sex. its normal in egyptian tourist centers like sharm and hurghada. So be far away from such people, if you dont want to have trouble.
In hurghada, between down town and the city (near joker fish-restaurant - wonderful and good prices) you can find a big shopping center where you can find a lot of things to nearly normal prices. but give them 30 % less from want they want to have. If you want to go shopping in down town, let me know, I will give you some places with honest shop-owners!
from aischa with love
quote:
Originally posted by spanglydoo:
Has anyone out there stayed at the Sheriton Miramar in El Gouna as I'm going to be staying there next month and would love to know what you thought of it. Also what is available in the surrounding areas. I'll be taking my 2 teenage daughters with me (age 15 and 16) and would like to know what is available for them as they are a bit worried that there will be nothing for them to do. thanks.

Posts: 143 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spanglydoo:

Miramar is great. The hotel itself is so exciting and the architecture is amazing to say the least. It has seaside and lagoonside beaches and I believe limited watersports. They also have a reasonably nice swimming pool but it's not heated so it's useless in winter. Their restaurants are very good but I like the pavillion in Movenpick more, try dining there once. If you want some hardcore watersports try the diver's lodge in Movenpick or Sonnesta paradisio. You can also go golfing near Steigneberger, there are go-karts, food courts, cycling, blah blah yada yada. Don't worry you'll find lots to do in El-Gouna.

Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aischa:
be also careful for the egyptian boys, who tells you that they love you but only wants to have money and free sex. its normal in egyptian tourist centers like sharm and hurghada. So be far away from such people, if you dont want to have trouble.

Put a leash on the teenage girls or they may find all sorts of interesting things to do.

Actually, they will find that the boys are probably quite entertaining. At their age and with their mother, the boys will probably flirt outrageously, but leave them alone for all intense purposes.

I have a feeling the girls will come away loving the place and wanting to go back year after year.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elysee
Member # 2037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for elysee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonesta Paradisio has been taken over by Club Med, but the Sheraton has a diving/watersports centre as well as water skiing.

The nearby Abu Tig marina has shops, Seventh Star cafe with delicious pastries, beach bar/cafe called Moods, and many restaurants.

What country are you from?

Sheraton pool is now heated in winter.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com