EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » neighbourhoods around cairo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: neighbourhoods around cairo
shak
Member # 4456

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for shak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
assalam u alaikum
i am a new user
i am moving to cairo with family,just wondering if any body could advise me on dokki and other areas around cairo,just looking for an average apartment ,nothing too expensive

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shak:
assalam u alaikum
i am a new user
i am moving to cairo with family,just wondering if any body could advise me on dokki and other areas around cairo,just looking for an average apartment ,nothing too expensive

What sort of things do you want to know about it? Dokki is a nice enough area although a bit crowded in comparison to some other areas that expats live in, but you would find an average apartment there for not too much money.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shak
Member # 4456

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for shak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi
i am going to be teaching in cairo towards the end of july,i wanted to know about the neighbourhoods with regards to;
shops schools etc;
i am coming on my own for the first couple of months to try and get a place and settle b4 my family comes along. i sort of know i want to be in the cairo region but i need to know where to start i have plenty of time on my side but i dont want to be wasting it in the wrong areas if you know what i mean.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What school will you be teaching at? Most of the schools provide saome housing for the teachers so you may not get a choice. You should check with your school to find out what they are expecting of you first.

If you do get a choice though, Dokki, Mohandiseen, Zamalek, Garden City (to some extent), Heliopolis, and Maadi are where you will find the largest expat populations. If you have your children going to a private school, you will either have them driven in a private car with driver or a school bus will probably come pick them up.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
talkey
Member # 4310

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for talkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello i have a flat in nice area in dokki it is big ,comfy,quite area if interested email me to talkey2003@yahoo.com

Posts: 21 | From: giza,egypt | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shak
Member # 4456

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for shak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Debbie:
What school will you be teaching at? Most of the schools provide saome housing for the teachers so you may not get a choice. You should check with your school to find out what they are expecting of you first.

If you do get a choice though, Dokki, Mohandiseen, Zamalek, Garden City (to some extent), Heliopolis, and Maadi are where you will find the largest expat populations. If you have your children going to a private school, you will either have them driven in a private car with driver or a school bus will probably come pick them up.

i dont really want to stay in a largely populated expat area ,i would much rather prefer the genuine culture,with the typical everyday egyptian.
another thing is are foreign children allowed to attend state schools?..

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com