EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Attacks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Attacks
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People,
Isn't this forum an exchange of opinions and discussions on various topics? Questions and answers and information added, and help provided when possible mostly on Egypt and Egyptian related topics? I believe that is the main purpose. As a member here, I'm asking all could we keep it that way, as much as we can?

Regardless of whom has attacked whom first in the past, or on any thread, can we call it a wrap please?

I really wish that the attacks would stop on all threads... Attacks against me, against you all, and against the others on other threads. It would be much kinder.

Personally, I promise I will not attack ANYONE EVER...not even my attackers of the past...

In case the need for attack comes up for a reason or another, maybe you could use this thread only...so whomever wants a little 'attack game' for the day, could come here directly...and to make it even more interesting, maybe not use member names, and leave it up to the reader to guess who is being attacked, how about that?

Thanks.

Monica
The Egyptian
Because I care!

For your info: same topic on Living in Egypt, and Sharing your Egyptian experiences

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 03 June 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Monica. Is important that we all remember that (including my angelic self - NOT! )

Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monica - you posted the address of another site but now I can't find it. Can you post it again.

Liza

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here it is:
http://www.youregypt.com

quote:
Originally posted by Luxorlover:
Monica - you posted the address of another site but now I can't find it. Can you post it again.

Liza

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dreamcatcher
Member # 3938

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dreamcatcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Monica:
People,
Isn't this forum an exchange of opinions and discussions on various topics? Questions and answers and information added, and help provided when possible mostly on Egypt and Egyptian related topics? I believe that is the main purpose. As a member here, I'm asking all could we keep it that way, as much as we can?

Regardless of whom has attacked whom first in the past, or on any thread, can we call it a wrap please?

I really wish that the attacks would stop on all threads... Attacks against me, against you all, and against the others on other threads. It would be much kinder.

Personally, I promise I will not attack ANYONE EVER...not even my attackers of the past...

In case the need for attack comes up for a reason or another, maybe you could use this thread only...so whomever wants a little 'attack game' for the day, could come here directly...and to make it even more interesting, maybe not use member names, and leave it up to the reader to guess who is being attacked, how about that?

Thanks.

Monica
The Egyptian
Because I care!

For your info: same topic on Living in Egypt, and Sharing your Egyptian experiences

Monica,
In hindsight, of course it would be great if people stop attacking people with such vigour. However, when the knives come out, I am talking from past experience from this forum, must the people just roll over and play dead, and not have the right to defend themselves, especially when a whole gang of females who are friends with each other on this forum and they have bonded, do you think it is right for the whole clan to go for the jagular and gang up on them, because every person is unique in there own special way. Maybe we are not perfect, but we strife. Do you think it is nice to belittle them with innuendos. We are mere mortals and we do have feelings! I do believe you are a good kind person, but sometimes I feel your puritanical views are very rigid in your approach to judgeing people, thus, the cycle of different views. I believe that we must all be tolerant to people who do not think or have the same moral standing. Remember it takes many people to make this wonderful world we live in. I would expect with your line of work that you would be the most tolerant person, because of what you are exposed to on a daily basis in your working life. I respect and understand you come from a very loving family and that your folks set a good example to you, that you apply to your everyday interactions with people. My personal opinion, not that, that is important to you, however, we are all not cut from the same cloth. I only become defensive when I feel I have been unfairly attacked. On the whole, I hate discord, and am happiest when all get along.
Dreamcatcher

Posts: 286 | From: south africa | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dreamcatcher,

I agree, that we should be more tolerant towards one another, even if we can't see eye to eye. That was the purpose of this thread, and I did include myself.

I can't change my views though when it comes to:

1- prostitution/male and female/gigolo syndrome
2- adultery/infidelity
3- child abuse/molestation
4- sexual abuse/rape
5- pedophilia
5- theft
6- illegalities
7- other crimes

I will try to be much more diplomatic in expressing these views in the future.

Cheers!

quote:
Originally posted by dreamcatcher:
Monica,
In hindsight, of course it would be great if people stop attacking people with such vigour. However, when the knives come out, I am talking from past experience from this forum, must the people just roll over and play dead, and not have the right to defend themselves, especially when a whole gang of females who are friends with each other on this forum and they have bonded, do you think it is right for the whole clan to go for the jagular and gang up on them, because every person is unique in there own special way. Maybe we are not perfect, but we strife. Do you think it is nice to belittle them with innuendos. We are mere mortals and we do have feelings! I do believe you are a good kind person, but sometimes I feel your puritanical views are very rigid in your approach to judgeing people, thus, the cycle of different views. I believe that we must all be tolerant to people who do not think or have the same moral standing. Remember it takes many people to make this wonderful world we live in. I would expect with your line of work that you would be the most tolerant person, because of what you are exposed to on a daily basis in your working life. I respect and understand you come from a very loving family and that your folks set a good example to you, that you apply to your everyday interactions with people. My personal opinion, not that, that is important to you, however, we are all not cut from the same cloth. I only become defensive when I feel I have been unfairly attacked. On the whole, I hate discord, and am happiest when all get along.
Dreamcatcher

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monica - you must always keep an open mind. Life is not that simple and never comes in black and white.

Although I must admit that I cannot adjust my abhorance of paedophilia.

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dreamcatcher
Member # 3938

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dreamcatcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Monica:
dreamcatcher,

I agree, that we should be more tolerant towards one another, even if we can't see eye to eye. That was the purpose of this thread, and I did include myself.

I can't change my views though when it comes to:

1- prostitution/male and female/gigolo syndrome
2- adultery/infidelity
3- child abuse/molestation
4- sexual abuse/rape
5- pedophilia
5- theft
6- illegalities
7- other crimes

I will try to be much more diplomatic in expressing these views in the future.

Cheers!

Monica,
Hello, I would never expect you to change your views on some of the topics you listed.
I am for total zero tolerance on
1 Child molestation/child abuse/pedophilla/I believe harsh sentencing should be applied to these henious crimes to protect our most vunerable, our children.
2 Abuse against woman/children/elderly
3 Abuse against animals
4 Rape both Male and female
5 Any crimes committed against humanity
6 Theft etc
7 Drug Lords/harsh sentecing/zero tolerance.

This thread was not about the terrible evils that people commit against each other. This thread from what I could gather was about people on this forum treating each other with diginity and decorum.

Unfortunately there will always be prostitutes, because there is always going to be a market for them, the perpetrators are men, so why does the woman always get the blame, most times it is a drug lord behind the girls who are forced into prostitution, where are those girls rights to diginity? I could never make a sweeping statement to state my views will not change on prostitution. My heart goes out to these woman, they all have a story to tell, often times, they were abused as children, thus rendering them to feelings of no self worth, low self esteem, so yes, I have compassion for all the prostitutes in this world. I do not think it is a chosen proffession that these people take on lightly.
Dreamcatcher

Posts: 286 | From: south africa | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On reading these posts, I would also like to mention that as much as 'attacks' should be avoided, we should also take heed as not to insult or offend others. Topics such as class, race, religion etc..they must be tread upon very carefully - I also think that if we are going to look at 'attacks' we must also look at the attacks going on against one's religion, race and so-called 'social class' as well as the unnecessary F* and MF* language.

Cheers!

------------------
ove is for vanishing into the sky.
Rumi

Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We need to be more patient and forgiving to each other here on ES or in general
Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahmed2004
Member # 4528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahmed2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think i was the only one who recieved alot of attacks,by the ather members,and 99% of them were females!!!though i told them many many times i know iam not doing right!!but no one of them try to get some thing from the experience,as its mostly womenly site,so they are very sensetive against any male talking about any relation ship with any women all over the world,and they trying to find all the sins and the mistakes on him,and all the womens are very weak and poor,the agression,cheating,lying is only coming from the men,i realy wish its true that they will stop attacks each other,,
with my best wishs

Posts: 273 | From: egypt,aswan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asiaq
Member # 4323

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for asiaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ahmed2004:
i think i was the only one who recieved alot of attacks,by the ather members,and 99% of them were females!!!though i told them many many times i know iam not doing right!!but no one of them try to get some thing from the experience,as its mostly womenly site,so they are very sensetive against any male talking about any relation ship with any women all over the world,and they trying to find all the sins and the mistakes on him,and all the womens are very weak and poor,the agression,cheating,lying is only coming from the men,i realy wish its true that they will stop attacks each other,,
with my best wishs

[This message has been edited by asiaq (edited 10 July 2004).]

Posts: 363 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Ahmed, Why do you think that women only attack men? They attack each other too. That's life.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com