EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Urgent: price for train Luxor-Aswan

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Urgent: price for train Luxor-Aswan
Dirk
Member # 4259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are planning a trip from Luxor to Aswan, but we have forgotten the price for a ticket. It is the price for a ticket on the non-touristic train, which official instanties say you should not take being a tourist. But we managed anyway and it was fun.
Posts: 71 | From: Belgium | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its a while back now Dirk, but last time I took that train it cost 17LE each way
Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dirk
Member # 4259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remind me again the conversion of LE to Euro pppppplease?
Posts: 71 | From: Belgium | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check this link out: http://www.xe.net/ucc/
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dirk
Member # 4259

Rate Member
Does anyone have the telephone number of hotel "happy Land" in Luxor?

Uphere in Belgium it's difficult to find.

[This message has been edited by Dirk (edited 07 June 2004).]

Dirk
Member # 4259

Rate Member
please ?

We arrive in Luxor the 1st of July in the night and need to travel on to Aswan ( to the wedding of an egyptian friend) the day after, so we need some information for that first night and the train to Aswan.

(price and if possible schedule)

Later that week we come back to Luxor and spend some time there to.

Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dirk, if you search the Tour Egypt site I am pretty sure they have rail timetables on there somewhere. The train is the Cairo to Aswan..... it takes about 3 hours and I know there is one at around 7am, but I am not sure what time after that.
I have no idea about a phone number for Happy Land.... maybe it will be listed on Tour Egypt as well.

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to the Lonely Planet Guide the telephone number of the Happyland Hotel is

00 20 95 371 828

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dirk
Member # 4259

Rate Member
thanks a lot !
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Afwan (you are welcome)
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neofret*
Member # 4123

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neofret*   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.seat61.com/Egypt.htm
Posts: 18 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com