EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » state schools in egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: state schools in egypt
shak
Member # 4456

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for shak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
are foreign children allowed to attend state schools in egypt,or do they all have to go into private education.
if this is the case could somebody tell me the average cost per term/year

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure you have to be a National to take advantage of the state school system.

Here is a website that will help you with the private school questions.
http://www.schools-in-egypt.com/

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
State schools are free, but you have to pay a minimal fee to register, less than LE100 I think. You wouldn't want to send your kids to a state school, believe me. They'll get a very poor education, nothing but rote learning and copying pages and pages of stuff they don't understand. That's not to mention being beaten by the teacher if they get things wrong. Where are you from? What kind of education are your kids used to?
Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shak
Member # 4456

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for shak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by citizen:
State schools are free, but you have to pay a minimal fee to register, less than LE100 I think. You wouldn't want to send your kids to a state school, believe me. They'll get a very poor education, nothing but rote learning and copying pages and pages of stuff they don't understand. That's not to mention being beaten by the teacher if they get things wrong. Where are you from? What kind of education are your kids used to?

i am from england my kids are all in primary school at the moment ,ihave two boys and a girl the are all under seven

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definitely wouldn't advise a state school for them. There are many private schools, most Egyptian curriculum which are very reasonably priced, a few foreign curriculums including British but they are REALLY expensive.
Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com