EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » How Much Do I Need

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How Much Do I Need
LadyYuna
Member # 3841

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadyYuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salaams and Peace to the forum,

I wanted to know how much I should save for a month in Cairo. I'm in the process of saving money, and I wanted to know the amount that I'll need to live comfortably (minus rent). Any suggestion amounts. I'm in the USA.

Posts: 22 | From: Washington DC Area | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assalamu alaykum LadyYuna

Good to see you back and still interested in coming to Egypt. Where did you decide to study in the end?

It depends on how you define "comfortable" and what you want to do while you are here. According to people on this site, and other people I know here in Egypt, it would take between about 800-6,000LE for your regular monthly expenses, without rent to live comfortably here in Cairo.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyYuna
Member # 3841

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadyYuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Walaikum Salaam Newcomer,

Nice to see you too. Oh yes, I've been reading the forums, but not posting lately. Egypt has not left my mind at all!

I decided on ILI if I go during the time that I planned (fall). 6,000 LE plus rent? Wow, that's not a lot at all.

Posts: 22 | From: Washington DC Area | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. If you are just planning to stay here and study for one month, LE6000 will feed you and give you transport easily for that month.

On the other hand, if you are hoping to travel around Egypt during that month, you'd have to travel the cheapest way and stay in the cheapest hotels if you were traveling much.

Rent will be a big ticket item since you are here for short term....unless you have accomodations arranged through school?

Good luck, have fun.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com