EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » One last question!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: One last question!!
YorkshireSue
Member # 4508

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for YorkshireSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi again!

Thankyou all so much for your help & advice, its made me feel much more confident about my holiday!

One more thing, though... about the electricity supply over there? Are they 2-point plugs like in Spain?

And can we drink the tap water?

I actually feel quite daft asking these questions as I suppose the answers must be obvious but I really have no idea!!

Thanks a million,

Sue x

Posts: 6 | From: south yorkshire, england | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can drink the water but I recommend you don't. I am acclimatised to local water and have no trouble what so ever but a change to your gut bacteria can give you a gyppy tummy and who needs that on holiday. So stick to bottled.

The plugs are the the two pin round ones I have no idea if they are the same as Spain sorry.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Sue, the plugs are the same as in Spain.. just take your normal european adaptors with you.
And Akshar is right, if its your first trip stick to bottled water, the water is ok to drink but it doesnt taste nice and your stomach wont handle it very well at first. And dont forget that they probably use tap water to make ice....
Having said that, dont go overboard avoiding tap water, sometimes its all there is and it wont kill you.

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com