EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Stuff for kids to do in Cairo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stuff for kids to do in Cairo
wedi
Member # 4480

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wedi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all,

I'm most likely visiting Cairo for a month in August and in addition to the usual tourist-type things to do can anyone give me some suggestions on what to see or do that might be entertaining to kids?

Thanks,
Wedi

Posts: 89 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youregypt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=345

quote:
Originally posted by wedi:
Hey all,

I'm most likely visiting Cairo for a month in August and in addition to the usual tourist-type things to do can anyone give me some suggestions on what to see or do that might be entertaining to kids?

Thanks,
Wedi

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wedi
Member # 4480

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wedi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
looks good Monica, especially the cultural center
Thanks,
Wedi

Posts: 89 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wedi, Personally, I'd stay away from the zoo. It isn't normal or a nice zoo, and if your kids have ever seen a real zoo, this one won't be impressive.

The other ideas are great though. Pharonic village is a good place to start, then for fun afternoons there are several cultural centers geared for children. Also if they are old enough for amusement park rides, Dreamland is supposed to be fantastic. It is on the highway out toward 6 October city.

The sporting clubs are good for swimming pools and such for the kids. If you are coming to visit family or Egyptian friends, hopefully they will have memberships to facilitate getting you inside.

One last suggestion is to look in Amazon.com regarding books that specifically make suggestions for things to do with kids in Cairo. There are one or two out there. One that is pretty good is CAIRO THE FAMILY GUIDE by Lesley Lababidi. I think there is another one though that is more specifically for kids, but I don't have a copy of it.

Have fun.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wedi
Member # 4480

Rate Member
Thanks Debbie...they are definitely old enough for those rides, but they'll make me ride with them grrrrrrrrr...sounds like fun anyway...are there public tennis courts in Cairo, or do we need to use a club for that?
elkadi80
Member # 4530

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for elkadi80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How you all Keep'n?

yeah there is man public tennis courts.
Like the one by the Cairo staduim, another one by the airpor Named Tennis academy.
and you can use the courts of many Hotels like Marriot,JW Marriot, Sakkara Country club.
for more suggestion, you can go for horse riding, camping,snorkling,swimming, potory classes and much much more ....
Ciao.

Posts: 407 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure the tennis courts elkadi mentioned would be considered Public Courts. The Academy requires membership, I think, but they might allow you to pay for use of a court on a daily basis, which is sort of the same way the hotels would require. They will probably let you use the courts....for a price. I don't know of any Free Public Courts. Does anyone?
Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neofret*
Member # 4123

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neofret*   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aqua Town sounds cool for kids.
Posts: 18 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wedi
Member # 4480

Rate Member
Is Aquatown a water park?
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's right....I don't know the name of it, but there are one or two water parks around here. That would be great for the kids.
BahYBasha
Member # 4522

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BahYBasha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aquapark on masr-ismalya road.
Posts: 180 | From: halifax, nova scotia, canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elkadi80
Member # 4530

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for elkadi80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
on more Idea,
there is a cltural Center in Zamalek Named ElSakia.
they have a lot programs for kids.

Posts: 407 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lichlass
Member # 4614

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lichlass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gnina Mall is fantastic too, there is a cinema, games arcade and even an ice skating rink, and fantastic shops .
Wonderland is good too, its a theme park and my kids loved it there

Posts: 3 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wedi
Member # 4480

Rate Member
Great ideas.........I'm taking notes and will surely be able to keep them entertained
elkadi80
Member # 4530

Rate Member
Familly Land in maadi.
add it righ now

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com