EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Dahab and Nuweiba

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dahab and Nuweiba
Egupte
Member # 4574

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Egupte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
Planning to visit Dahab and Nuweiba by the end of July, with my wife and 2 kids (9 - 11 years). Please can anyone give me names of nice and clean camps or hotels in Dahab and Nuweiba ? Is it necessary to make reservations ? Is it true you have white beaches there ?
Many thanks for your reactions.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egupte
Member # 4574

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egupte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no one has ever been there ?
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elkadi80
Member # 4530

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for elkadi80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Dahab you can try Mohamed Ali Camp,Jasmine.
actual I don't know any good hotels in Nuweiba, as my only experience was with a very bad one close to the port on my way Petra, Jordon.
I can suggest a good place between Nuweiba & Taba Name Basta "Simplicity in Arabic"

Its a wunderfull place.
for any more Help SMS me on +2010-1795960

Ciao

[This message has been edited by elkadi80 (edited 18 June 2004).]

Posts: 407 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluesky
Member # 4564

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluesky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Nuweiba you can go to DOMINA, is hotel is nt necessary reservation, is very good and beautifulla place.

Posts: 38 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The perfect place is BASATA (not Basta...but close). If you are on a family holiday, that place is 100% the right place to go, but yes, you better get reservations as it is very popular. Do an internet search. The old website address I had for them isn't running any more.

Basata is between Nuweiba and Taba actually, so it is a bit north of where you are talking about, but it is sooooo perfect for a family holiday. It is a well run, organized ECO resort. It is inexpensive. You can stay in hotel type rooms, tents, or sleep on the beach if you want (I think). They discourage all use of alcohol so you don't have to worry about that kind of influence on your kids. There are no TV's, radios and such.... your kids will learn to entertain themselves. It would be a wonderful place to at least spend 2 or 3 nights of your holiday.

I hope you find it and enjoy it.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elkadi80
Member # 4530

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for elkadi80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for the spelling mistake )
Posts: 407 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egupte
Member # 4574

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egupte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Debbie and Elka
Thx for your reply. Can u also tell me how to get to Basata, coming from Luxor, and this preferably the cheapest (but also fast although not by plain)way.
I know there's a nightbus from Luxor to Dahab, but as Basata is more north, it might be shorter to take another bus. Any advice ?

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your best bet is to fly from Luxor to sharm and take a taxi on up. Otherwise I guess I'd suggest the bus from Luxor to Hurghada and the ferry over to Sharm from Hurghada and a taxi on up to Basata. Last choice I guess would be to take the train up to Cairo from Luxor and then take a bus to Dahab and a taxi to Basata.

There is NO good way to take a bus all the way from Luxor to Basata. It's a million miles away and no direct route.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elkadi80
Member # 4530

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for elkadi80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Egupte,
If there is a direct bus to Dahab its gonna b gr8, then you can have a taxi from there.
there buses also to newiba from dahab. but don't know if it reaches Taba or not. if it reachs so it gonna pass by Basata.

If you gonna do like waht Debbie suggested. to have a train to cairo. then from Cairo there is a direct bus to Basata, the one Headding to Nwuiba and Taba "East Delta buses 55 LE "
it stops in taba first, then on its way to Nweiba you can ask the driver to stop you in Basata. they know it.
Ciao

[This message has been edited by elkadi80 (edited 23 June 2004).]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com