EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Getting Married

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Getting Married
kiss
Member # 4635

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for kiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if you could help me. I met a woundeful man from Egypt it will be 7 months on July 1. I am from toronto living in toronto. We met he is a great person and I love him so much. I have only one little problem. He wants to get married in September. I been married before and he hasn't. I might feel bit scared again but I don't want too lose him. I have my job here which I love and enjoy and he has his business in Egypt. My concern is why most Egypation men want to get married after few months, they met their woman. Is this part of the culture or could it be something else. He is not trying to leave Egypt he does want to live there. I keep on asking him and he tells me because he loves so much that is why and it is part of the culture. Could this be true. I am not a Egypt woman, I am Italian Canadian, I am just learning allot about his culture. I wonder if any could help me. Thank you.
Posts: 28 | From: Torontol, Ontario Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most Egyptians get married when they are financially ready to do so. They have to buy the flat, decorate it etc. This can take some time for the not-so-wealthy, so marrying in a hurry is not the norm.

If you want to wait, just tell him so. You won't lose him if he loves you, he won't just run off and find someone else. Decide where you're going to live; if it's Egypt then spend some time here before marrying to get used to the culture, his family, life here.

Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliGirl
Member # 4409

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Kiss,
I cant speak for Egyptian men or even the culture (Im not Egyptian) but am now married to a wonderful Egyptian man whom I only knew 6 weeks before getting married. Rushed? Well, it was right then and it is right now. For us religion played the biggest role and of course culture follows. I think their believes and values of the family are held very high maybe even higher than a lot of Americans or even Canadians (not offending anyone, my personal view).

Posts: 62 | From: San Diego, Ca USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kiss
Member # 4635

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CaliGirl:
Dear Kiss,
I cant speak for Egyptian men or even the culture (Im not Egyptian) but am now married to a wonderful Egyptian man whom I only knew 6 weeks before getting married. Rushed? Well, it was right then and it is right now. For us religion played the biggest role and of course culture follows. I think their believes and values of the family are held very high maybe even higher than a lot of Americans or even Canadians (not offending anyone, my personal view).

Thank for your reply. I am in love with him so much he is wonderful man, and I know he loves me allot and he is after nothing. So I guess that is the way they deal with things in life. Thank You

Posts: 28 | From: Torontol, Ontario Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliGirl
Member # 4409

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is my email address, you are welcomed to contact me, I would love to chat and hear about your experience holaveronika@yahoo.com
Posts: 62 | From: San Diego, Ca USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com