EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » GOING TO LUXOR ON HOLIDAY (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: GOING TO LUXOR ON HOLIDAY
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by frances:
jane i need your help is it baked beans oof the heinz variety you are talking about?cos i dont know how my other half will cope havinga week off from baked beans lol he is terrible ands the same old dinners nearly day in and day out i cant believe there is a mcdonalds in luxor! i dont even like them can anyone tell me what foul is i have heard it mentioned but i dont know what it is!lol
11 weeks till i go on holiday from today!wohooo what do u mean the pizza is a bit ropey?as for chicken livers eughhhhh

No it is not Heinz variety but the delicious Egyptian national dish called foul.

I think you better try some of Sharems ideas if you want British grub. What shame not to eat local though.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frances
The Kings Head is an english style pub.... the food is ok... and as english as you can get. Personally, I dont like it, its little more than a pick up joint, but if you want a laugh or two its fine.

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptianman
Member # 4506

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptianman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
try looking some guides on this site:
http://www.egyptiantouch.com/

Posts: 26 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frances
Member # 4681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for frances     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I CERTAINLY WILL TRY IT ITS JUST MY OTHER HALF IS A FUNNY EATER HE IS REALLY PICKY HE DOESNT EAT ANY VEG AT ALL APART FROM CARROTS LOL I AM MUCH MORE ADVENTEROUS WHEN IT COMES TO FOOD
Posts: 62 | From: england | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wills76
Member # 4427

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for wills76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Frances, do you like chinese? if so try the chinese at the Hilton had 2 great meals there and could not fault it. Also the Italian at the Sheraton (I think that's where we went again had a good meal. I am also from Glasgow
Posts: 127 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wise_woman
Member # 444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wise_woman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luxorlover - I would love to live in Egypt permanently but as well as working full time, I am also a carer for every minute I am outside work.
Recently, when I have been to Egypt for well earned rest I've had to arrange for extra "home help" and visits.
There's no other family to speak off and it's a lot to expect from friends (who are unreliable and selfish anyhow).
I'm only 30 (stressing the word "only") and I still have a future ahead of me. For the past 30 years and at the moment, my duty is here.

I am quite chuffed at that posting I started back a few months ago - typical Egyptian men's chat up lines.
I've just went back for a look, I started it last August 2003 and it was last added to in June 2004.

I went to the Kings Head Pub with my fiance 3 years ago and when he was at the bathroom, a few waiters tried and failed to chat me up. I wonder if it's just a challenge for them? something to do to fill in a gap in their day.

Frances - please add on any chat up lines you receive when you are over there to my posting over on Share Your Egyptian Experiences board.

Posts: 266 | From: Scotland, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wise_woman:
Luxorlover - I would love to live in Egypt permanently but as well as working full time, I am also a carer for every minute I am outside work.
Recently, when I have been to Egypt for well earned rest I've had to arrange for extra "home help" and visits.
There's no other family to speak off and it's a lot to expect from friends (who are unreliable and selfish anyhow).
I'm only 30 (stressing the word "only") and I still have a future ahead of me. For the past 30 years and at the moment, my duty is here.

I am quite chuffed at that posting I started back a few months ago - typical Egyptian men's chat up lines.
I've just went back for a look, I started it last August 2003 and it was last added to in June 2004.

I went to the Kings Head Pub with my fiance 3 years ago and when he was at the bathroom, a few waiters tried and failed to chat me up. I wonder if it's just a challenge for them? something to do to fill in a gap in their day.

Frances - please add on any chat up lines you receive when you are over there to my posting over on Share Your Egyptian Experiences board.

I am really sorry that you have so much care in your life. At least Egypt is your chance to relax. I would love to meet you next time you are here. pop by na dhave a swim in the pool

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frances
Member # 4681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for frances     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL CHAT UP LINES MY OTHER HALF WILL HAVE A FLAKEY. I HAVE BOUGHT TWO GUIDES BOOKS AND THE BOTH OF THEM GIVE TOTALLY DIFFERENT PLACES THEY RECOMMEND GOING TO AND A VERY LIMITED NAMES OF SHOPS WE PLAN TO DO KARNAK AND LUXOR TEMPLE DURING THE DAY OUR TWO SELFS WITH THE AID OF A GOOD BOOK
Posts: 62 | From: england | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wise_woman
Member # 444

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for wise_woman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jane,
I'd love to pop by and say hello should I ever get back to Luxor.

Frances,
you will be chatted up at least once.
Even Margarita Pracatan on a bad day with 4 husbands in tow would still be on the receiving end of chat up lines over there.

I'm sure you've been advised already but over there it's best to refer to your boyfriend as your husband. Boyfriend makes the relationship seem half-hearted and as if you're still open to offers.
Their words, not mine.

Posts: 266 | From: Scotland, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by wise_woman:
Hi Jane,
I'd love to pop by and say hello should I ever get back to Luxor.

You do that and have a chill with us. Sounds as though you need it

------------------

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wise woman:

I cannot offer you a pool to swim in, but as I live in the middle of town now we can have a meal and a good old gossip. I have to admit to an act of plagiarism as I have stolen a lot of your chat up lines to eventually put in a leaflet for European women.

I understand how caring for others can be totally draining. It's very different from looking after your own children. I looked after my mother (did all he cleaning and washing on top of a full-time job and my own family) until she was so infirm that she had to go into a residential home. Even then i visited her every day. When i came to live in Egypt I was stricken with guilt about leaving her even though she was being well cared for.

When it was confirmed that I was sick myself,(not moaning - that's life ) it helped me make the decision to get on with my life. Being told I had MS (and later wide-spread osteo-arthritis), gave me a time line to work to and brought my own mortality home to me. When I first came here I thought that I might have five good years before I was confined to a wheel-chair. The challenge of a new life, despite its stress, had a marked effect on pushing the MS into remission. In the English winters my joints seize up and I have two sticks (no smart-aleks please - I still do not have a zimmer frame despite the recent birthday). But when I am in the dry heat of Egypt I am perfectly able to walk about without aid, except for getting up and down Luxor's ridiculously high kerbs.

I do hope that you manage to get to live you dream. I did. So it went pear- shaped. So What. I always said I would do the same thing again. He was /is gorgeous and it had its moments.

Please let me know if you manage to get back to Luxor. We are not of the same age but I am sure that we have many shared experiences and I would like to meet you.

I shall try and paste my copy of your chat-up lines, which has an interpretation with it. I think you started that too.

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is long and I apologise for that, but it is an extension of the line Wise-woman started a while ago. Before anyone gets offended these are the chat-up lines of a type of Egptian man not all of them. Sorry it seems to have lost its formatting.

What he says and what he means

Oh my god I am in love with you.
I think you have money

I have never loved a woman before
The last time it was a man

You are my first love
Of today

You have broken my heart
It is made of stone

I feel I have known you in another life
But I will not walk down the road with you in this one

You are my princess
My last love was a 'quean'.

You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen
I forgot to put my glasses on

You have beautiful eyes
Even though I have not seen them

You are Nefertari returned to Egypt
My friends think you look like a mummy.

You are so different from all the other tourists
They did not give me so much money

Your hair is so soft
And so grey

I am sorry that I did not ring you for 4 months, business is not good and I had no money to phone you.
Another tourist came along and I forgot about you until now.

I lost your telephone number
My wife found it

My house telephone is broken and I cannot hear it ring
I was with another woman when you called

My mobile is broken
I switched it off

The camera phone fell into the toilet/Nile/canal and won't work any more. I had to throw it away
I sold it to Ahmed and now I want another one to sell to Mohammed

I cannot see you as my mother is ill
You came back without telling me and my girlfriend is here until Wednesday

I am sorry that I cannot see you today. My grandmother has died.
I have to get to the airport

I am sorry that I cannot see you today either, my best friend has been in a car crash
Another girlfriend arrived on the place that the last one left on.

I have been sick all week and cannot leave my home
I had to spend some time with my wife and children

Stay in a flat when you come here it will only cost 1,000 LE a week but it will give you freedom.
It was my uncle's flat but I could do with the money.

The tax on my house has not been paid for five years and unless it is paid by Friday, I will be evicted.
I want to take my family to Hurghada for a week.

I have never been with another woman since I met you,
It was another man.

I cannot have sex outside of marriage. My religion forbids it.
I will pray hard in Ramadan so that my God forgives this lie

I cannot have sex outside of marriage. My religion forbids it.
If I can get her to marry me, she will give me lots of money.

I have never enjoyed sex with a woman as much as I enjoy it with you.
And Gerda, and Doris and Natasha and Valerie and Sylvia and Mary et al.

I do not have sex with my Egyptian wife.
More than once a day.

I am clean. I never had sex without a condom.
What's a condom?

Meet my sister and mother.
Really my wife and mother-in-law.

I have lots of nieces and nephews
I have six children

This is my cousin who has nowhere else to live.
This is my wife.

Age is just a number
But my friends call you Jeddah. (Grandmother).

I think of you as a young girl
When I cannot see you

You may be older than me, but in bed you are eighteen.
But the boys think I have to get drunk before sex so that I think you are someone else.

It does not matter than you are too old to have children.
I already have six.

I respect you and your religion
But you must become a Moslem.

I think God wants us to be together
But your family don't.

Do not write to me at my home address; write to me at my brother's shop.
I don't want my wife to know about you.

I have not written to you because I cannot write in English.
I forgot who you were.

Egyptian women do not interest me
Because I have to keep them instead of them keeping me.

I am different from other Egyptian men
Some of them are honest

All the fingers on my hand are different. I am different from other men.
Some of them pray.

I am the only Egyptian you can trust
To take you money

They will tell you lies about me because they do not like to see people happy
I've been caught out.

I know you better than you know yourself
You asked me for a divorce.

Do not be worried. I like your body
I close my eyes and think of Shakira

You don't like to be happy
You have caught me out

For you I give my eyes
And take your purse

I am not interested in your money; it is you that I love
If you had been broke, you would not be in Egypt

I am ashamed to ask you but I need money for my mother's operation
Her operation is free but the house I am secretly building needs a bathroom.

I am sorry but the operation was not successful and needs doing again.
The house needs a kitchen.

If the operation is not done, she will die.
And some furniture.

I need some new glasses they cost LE 500.
They cost LE 200 but there is a woman at the Isis that I want to impress.

I do not love my Egyptian wife. I married her for children.
But I will stay with her forever.

I swear I am not married
I am a liar

I am not marrying you for a visa.
I am an even bigger liar.

I have to take another wife for children.
I fancy my 16-year-old cousin.

I am divorced from my wife.
I shipped her off to stay with my mother.

I will never divorce you
Not while you have money

My wife did something wrong and I divorced her.
She threw me out.

I will divorce my Egyptian wife if you want me to.
I shall send her to my mother's house at the end of the week.

I cannot afford to divorce my wife
I don't want to.

I am a virgin
Or I was until 200 tourists of various sexes seduced me.

I have never kissed another woman
It was a man

Egyptian women are not interested in sex
So I have had my daughters cut so that they will not be interested either.

Please add any that I have left out

[This message has been edited by Luxorlover (edited 23 July 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Luxorlover (edited 24 July 2004).]

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chelle67
Member # 4442

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chelle67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL

how about these:

I fell in love with you the first time i saw you.
(the first time i saw your amex gold card)

I do not want Egyptian wife.
(No Egyptian man within 200 miles would ever let me marry his daughter)

You are my only true love.
(You are the richest woman i have met)

i have not even been to Egypt yet and i have learnt from you lot already

Posts: 124 | From: england | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Thanks Chelle. I have copied and pasted them into the original
frances
Member # 4681

Rate Member
they cant be that bad surely???
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Yes they can This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Again folks - this only relates to a particular section of the community.

frances
Member # 4681

Rate Member
what particular section is that?
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
You will soon see. They do not wear signs saying "I am a gigolo" but they are easily detected as soon as they open their mouths and start spouting some of the above lines.
Nefret-Iabet
Member # 4921

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nefret-Iabet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello - what I can tell you is that I just returned from Luxor and stayed at the Winter Palace - it is marvelous if you like the old world charm. The New Winter Palace is also very nice (less expensive) and restaurants in both I ate at are excellent. The location is perfect - my terrace had view of the Nile and sunset over VOK. You can walk a bit and take Ferry over to the West Bank and hire a taxi driver or do it in advance through hotel (recommended if you are newcomers). The Luxor Temple is right next door and wonderful in the evening to walk through also. Be warned - the hawkers will hound you, just say "La" meaning NO in Egyptian.
Visit Deir el Bahri, VOK, VOQ, Deir el Medina (village of workers-mud brick mostly), Karnak Luxor and the fairly new museum is wonderful (beware of guides inside offering to show you things - then they will ask you for baksheesh - be tough - say LA!
Regards

Posts: 11 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
The Winter Palace is wonderful but way out of my league except for the odd cup of tea now and then when I want to go 'old 'colonial'.

I have yet to meet a hawker or a gigolo who would take NO for an answer. If he did he would be a failure at his profession.

frances
Member # 4681

Rate Member
WHAT WHERE THE RESTAURANTS LIKE IN THE HOTEL AND HOW EXPENSIVE WHERE THEY?
frances
Member # 4681

Rate Member
two more i wanted to ask do i need to take a torch with me when i go to valley of the kings and also is £800 enough spending money for a week for two adults thanks
Donya
Member # 448

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noyou dont need to take a torch with you to the Valley of the Kings, the tombs are well lit.

WOW £800 for one week, thats rather alot unless you are planning on buying some very expensive souveniers. Im sure you wont need that much spending money, even eating out in local restaurants (and there are some fab ones) its so inexpensive. And dinning in the hotels isnt expensive either. Look after ya money

have a nice trip

Posts: 213 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Put the torch in the bag anyway as you will need it in some areas of Karnak and in the tombs of the Nobles.

800 (no pound sign on this keyboard) should be enough to pay for the whole holiday not just for spending money. Eating out is cheap. Best steak at Maxime's will cost you around 2 pounds sterling at the present exchange rate. Getting half chicken with salad and rice etc will cost about 1.50. That will leave you so much for souvenirs that you hardly be able to walk under the weight. One thing about those though - remember that if you go with a tout or a calleche man he will get at least 50% of what you spend in commission (up to 75% if it is for papyrus).

Also, change your money when you get here. Not in England.

When are you arriving here. It is so hot at the moment. We have been chatting on and off for ages and I would like to meet you.

Carleen
Member # 4311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carleen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Luxorlover:
Put the torch in the bag anyway as you will need it in some areas of Karnak and in the tombs of the Nobles.

It's a FLASHLIGHT, people!!

I just love our British cousins.

[This message has been edited by Carleen (edited 13 August 2004).]

Posts: 310 | From: Maryland, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stellalocal
Member # 4064

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stellalocal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi frances been reading all your replies i am sure you will have a great time it is a wonderful place you really should try the egyptian beans as like jane says they are so nice really not to be missed anyway they should be on the breakfast buffet but they are not as good as the ones you can get outside.as for restaurants well im gonna get some flack for this i am sure but we have baked beans for your other half if he gets desperateand egyptian food for you to try. like luxor lover says maximes is a very good restaurant i have been friends with him for nearly 9 years and his food is very good we recomend people from our place to go there.luxorlover when are you back from the u/k.
Posts: 99 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stella. It is nice of you to reccommend another restaurant but I wish to say how good yours is too. All dishes are nice. I like the Thai Chicken. I also like La Mamma Italian at Sheraton (out door restaurant) and they have an Indian which is nice.
Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wills76
Member # 4427

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for wills76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luxorlover - Had a good laugh at these chat-up lines, yes it does bring back lots of memories. lol
Posts: 127 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frances
Member # 4681

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for frances     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we are goin to luxor 6 weeks today and i really cant wait we are going to get the rest of our holiday clothes next week i am doing my boyfriends head in and he aint excited about it yet grrr lol sorry its been taking quiet a while to reply to these messages my boyfriend has done something to our computer at home and broke it!so i need to use my works computer which is a pain cos i need to ask if i can use it how hot is it going to be there in late september?

[This message has been edited by frances (edited 18 August 2004).]

frances
Member # 4681

Rate Member
three weeks on monday!!!i cant wait!
chelle67
Member # 4442

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chelle67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get the feeling that you are getting excited frances? lol, I know how you feel,I am going to Luxor in 273 days I hope that you have a fantastic time and don't forget when you come home to let us know what it was like.

Posts: 124 | From: england | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
As I am already here, am I allowed to gloat?
gary
Member # 3608

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by frances:
three weeks on monday!!!i cant wait!

your going to LOVE IT frances !!!
we are going on the 5 jan again and counting........
£800 is plenty for a week , we stayed 2 weeks last year and only spent £180 and it included letting the hotel do our laundry !! lol .and yes 'some' of the egyptian men are that bad .
we were walking along the corniche last year when some guy asked us both if 'we' wanted a man for the night !
maxims is a lovely place to eat and so is john and johns spent alot of time in both last year

Posts: 130 | From: torquay . uk | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gary
Member # 3608

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luxorlover

now im really confused ?
it says in your profile your in the u.k but you seem to imply you live in luxor .
please enlighten me ?
dont mean to be personel but your posts are always worth a read but i keep finding myself going back to your profile

Posts: 130 | From: torquay . uk | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chelle67
Member # 4442

Rate Member
quote:
As I am already here, am I allowed to gloat?

lol,

rubyslippers
Member # 4999

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rubyslippers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frances, your excitement is catching! I have 2 weeks to go on Monday!
Posts: 12 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gary
Member # 3608

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by chelle67:
[B] lol,

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ubbmisc.cgi?action=getbio&UserName=Luxorlover

location U.K
lol,

Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary

Luxor Lover has lived in Egypt for 7 years. Recently she has started having 3 months in Egypt and 3 months in the UK. I can assure you that she is living here and I have seen her house.

Her profile says UK because she was in UK when she registered and thats what she put as her location.

Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Hi Gary,

Kenzie was right - the profile said UK because that was where I was when I joined ES. (I work in England during the summer months). I am in Eguypt at the moment.

I am fortunate to have a home in both places. If you want to know why i go backwards and forwards now I will tell you. I live alone in Egypt (through choice) and my family is in England. Also I have Multiple Sclerosis and widespread osteo-arthritis which unfortunately means lots of hospital visits. I love Egypt, it is where my heart is, but I trust the British Health system more than the local one.

bomba
Member # 5192

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bomba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wise_Woman,

This is just for you. So you think you are hard to understand eh? Huh you are a piece of cake compared to the North East of Scotland. I should know I come from there and the blank expressions on peoples faces tells me to slow down and speak clearly. I feel as if I am talking to idiots at times, it is like talking to the bairns honestly.

We are now living in Hurghada so if you fancy 'chatting' sometimes please feel free.

By the way I was actually born and dumped in Glasgow and never ever wanted to visit the place. Boy am I glad I did. The warmest kindest people in the U.K. The absolute best shops. We were looking for somewhere to go and have a coffee and a piece of cake and I asked a woman on the street. Instead of just giving directions she actually took us and showed us. Bless her.

Posts: 36 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gary
Member # 3608

Rate Member
thanks for reply LL
wasnt trying to imply your werent in luxor , just could not figure out why it said united kingdom , and being a man my brain didnt stretch to thinking 'hang on she probably was reg'd before moving out' !! .we are booked to come out again in jan ,cant wait !! . bit too hot for us in the summer months know just what you mean bout hospitals , our friend in luxor has married an english girl and last time we were there she had gone back to england to have there baby

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Most of the European women I know have gone home for the birth of their babies. I am not knocking the Egyptian health system as they have given up leaching so I am told

If I lived in Cairo I might feel differently, but I would rather be ill in the good old UK where there is someone to look after me than in my local hospital where if I did not have someone to bring me food and water from outside, I would starve

I shall miss your visit as I will be in England in January (work calls and the filthy lucre it brings in is welcome).

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Most of the European women I know have gone home for the birth of their babies. I am not knocking the Egyptian health system as they have given up leaching so I am told

That’s a shame as the NHS (National Health Service) have rediscovered this treatment in the UK. My brother had a nasty accident not so long ago and smashed his leg up and they used leeches to encourage the circulation, otherwise he would have lost his foot! I know it sounds horrific and the nurses were very brave chasing around his bed after the ones that escaped, but it worked.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
You are right. I saw a programme about it not that long ago. I could have done with some too when I fell down a hole in Cairo and split my chin open. (Two lovely black eyes). But, the thought of leeches on my face would have freaked me out. How is the foot now?
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for asking...alhamdu lillah the ankle and foot bones all joined back together and he is now able to go motorbike racing, hang-gliding, diving, and climbing again (he's a bit of an adrenaline junkie!) but long walks with the dog have to be limited to 5 miles!

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Newcomer: He was lucky. I have no doubt that he will risk his foot again - and as he is your brother you will forgive him.

My son is an adrenalin junkey too and is about to climb another 8,000 metre peak in Tibet (which has freaked me out totally and given me more grey hairs than I deserve). I will also forgive and pray each day that he comes down from that mountain with all his limbs intact.

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Newcomer: He was lucky. I have no doubt that he will risk his foot again - and as he is your brother you will forgive him.

My son is an adrenalin junkey too and is about to climb another 8,000 metre peak in Tibet (which has freaked me out totally and given me more grey hairs than I deserve). I will also forgive and pray each day that he comes down from that mountain with all his limbs intact.

I wonder where your son gets it from !!!
Do hope he is safe though.
Penny

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Penny -

He is an adult and master of his own destiny but as he is my son, to me he will always be five years old. I shall age ten years for every day that he is on that mountain. I have never got used to it.

When they talk about "the death zone", where the oxygen is so low, I want to scream "come down, come down" - but instead I bite my tongue and pray .

I an sure that I was never that adventurous - or that crazy .

wise_woman
Member # 444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wise_woman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bomba:
Wise_Woman,

This is just for you. So you think you are hard to understand eh? Huh you are a piece of cake compared to the North East of Scotland. I should know I come from there and the blank expressions on peoples faces tells me to slow down and speak clearly. I feel as if I am talking to idiots at times, it is like talking to the bairns honestly.

We are now living in Hurghada so if you fancy 'chatting' sometimes please feel free.

By the way I was actually born and dumped in Glasgow and never ever wanted to visit the place. Boy am I glad I did. The warmest kindest people in the U.K. The absolute best shops. We were looking for somewhere to go and have a coffee and a piece of cake and I asked a woman on the street. Instead of just giving directions she actually took us and showed us. Bless her.

Hi Bomba,
your posting made me laugh. I sometimes feel like I'm from the planet Zorg when I open my weegie mouth and talk.
Do the locals in Hurghada understand you well enough? and the tourists?

Glad you have a nice memory of Glasgow. For the murder capital of Western Europe, it's still a nice place to be. In fact, I've just checked that fact on Google and our murder rates are twice as high as New York. I know that here in Glasgow some stabbings and assaults aren't even reported. Still, it's the place I call home with Egypt being my much safer 2nd home.

Memo2000
Member # 3996

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Memo2000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello friends
you can read more about egypt at this location : http://www.travel-egypt.ha22.com

also you can post in our new forum whatever you like at this location : http://www.ha22.com/forum
Thanks

Posts: 271 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com