EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Why Always Put Down For Mixed Cultures

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why Always Put Down For Mixed Cultures
kiss
Member # 4635

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for kiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do people feel, that Egyptmen are only after visa, money and sex towards foreign women, and foreign women are after villa, money towards these Egypt men.

No one really can pin point where our love will land. I was brought up in Italian Culture very Italian family with love and respect with family morals, but I can't never marry a man from my culture.

I was married to Jamaican man, our marriage was great but when people atend to get their noses into it things will go sour.

This is my point here, I have gone to Dar Al-Arqam Islamic Centr requested infro, on Egypt culture on Islam, Unfortunately i was out of luck they only give courses on Islam. However they gave me advice stating LOVE is repetiition of hundreds of stories about Western Women who only are misled and fouled by these Eastern Men which show only love and compassion until they get to the point they want, such as (Immigration money...ect.)

You know it so funny that these people are from their own culture who attend to speak bad and put down their own brother and sisters.

I feel every story is different. I just want to hear your side of your point now. Mostly from those who are Foreign people married or dating Egyption.

Kiss

Posts: 28 | From: Torontol, Ontario Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kiss,

In all struggling countries people try to 'get out' or better their lives in many 'illegal' ways. It might be called dishonesty or survival skills, depending on morals of the spectator. If you happen to fall in love with a guy from a struggling part of the world, you should definitely consider those factors. It does not mean that ALL guys there will be trying to fool you, it means the probability of happening so will be higher than in 'easier to live in' countries. Since Egyptian ( ) charm has proven to be extremely effective on emotionally starved foreign women, it became the 'weapon du jour' for gigolos and others in search of higher life standards. People trying to warn women about the perils of irresponsible relationships sometimes seem judgmental towards the 'future victims', but for the most part it happens because they have seen and heard it ALL, and lose the perspective of the 'surprise effect' that such situations have on unsuspecting gals who fall for illusion of loving bliss... In all, it is always good to listen to good advice and keep your senses sharp and brain cells working. Know your 'enemy', but make the choice according to your own standards, beliefs and (my favorite) gut feeling; in the end you are the one facing the consequences or rewards, no matter what.

K.

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kiss

you sound very unsure about many things in your various posts.

Have you thought about spending time in Egypt with your husband to learn his culture and beleifs on his home ground before you both decide to settle in Canada.

Just a thought?
Penny

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kiss - I was told exactly the same thing at the El-Azhar mosque in Cairo. It is the voice of experience. The people in the mosque are good men and do not want to see you hurt or Islam called into disrepute. Hence the warnings of what they have seen happen in the past.
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi kiss!

I am glad you got in contact with the people at Dar Al-Arqam and have started to read through some of the links, even though they might not be telling you what you want to hear. You certainly can’t accuse the people at the centre of being against cross-cultural marriages, as I mentioned earlier, they are an Egyptian/North American couple and I am sure that they gave you the best advice they could based on the information you gave them. If things work out with your man, you might find them useful contacts on the cross-cultural aspect and also if you decide you want to know more about Islam, they would definitely be a good resource for you.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kiss
Member # 4635

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks newcomer for all your advice and help. Aslo to the rest of replyers I only pray to god that this is postive feeling. I love him so much. I will leave my hands to god to guide me through this.

Thank You

Posts: 28 | From: Torontol, Ontario Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com