EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » info on buying flat in Luxor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: info on buying flat in Luxor
lotusflower
Member # 4661

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lotusflower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any assistance regarding information on purchasing a flat in Luxor would be greatly appreciated. Can a woman purchase in her own name.
Posts: 48 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes

but a foreigner will always pay much more than an Egyptian. IF you have a Egyptian you can trust then use him to get you a good price but if you have even the slightest doubt it is better to pay more as a foreign woman than to end up with nothing.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you don't already live in Luxor then rent one first until you know all the ropes and know exactly what you want and where you want to live.

On first glance, buying a flat looks cheaper in the long term - but if you intend to live in it for less than twenty odd years then renting may prove cheaper. most 'bought' flats are empty shells that have to finished and have nine-year leases - and then you are back to square one. You can get a long lease on a completely finished rented flat and it will probably cost you less overall.

If you do decide to go ahead and buy - yes you can have it entirely in your name. Make sure you get a good lawyer though and get everything translated into English through a registered translation service - not a local chap who knows your lawyer or your partner.

[This message has been edited by Luxorlover (edited 24 July 2004).]

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You took the words right out of my mouth Luxor Lover. Well said
Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luxor
Member # 5210

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for luxor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi If you need to buy flat or property in Luxor, a frenchman open last year a real estate agency. His website is www.egypt-rentaflat.com
About to buy a property by your own name, now it is easy with the law from 1997 completed by the law in 2000 and 2002. You don't need any middleman egyptian for to register a property act in Egypt.
Ask him, he know everything about that.

Posts: 18 | From: Luxor Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol_2004
Member # 5088

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol_2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow what a website! I saw the egents office before. His prices are really good!
Posts: 156 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol_2004
Member # 5088

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol_2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be the prices for buying oops think the rental prices are a tad on the steap side
Posts: 156 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yiannis Tsiounis
Member # 5341

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yiannis Tsiounis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would anyone know where can I get hold of an english-speaking lawyer in Hurghada? My father is about to buy an appartment there and I want to make sure everything is done properly...

Please email me! yiannis@internetcash.com. Thanks!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yiannis Tsiounis:
Would anyone know where can I get hold of an english-speaking lawyer in Hurghada? My father is about to buy an appartment there and I want to make sure everything is done properly...

Please email me! yiannis@internetcash.com. Thanks!

Look on the British embassy website, it gives a list of recommended lawyers.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com