EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » cheap flights.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: cheap flights.
scorpion
Member # 5004

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,
as you all seem to be going to egypt a lot,i wonder which is the cheapest airline?
not that im tight,but it gives me more money to spend on the sights,any help would be gratefull

Posts: 22 | From: southend uk | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by scorpion:
Hi all,
as you all seem to be going to egypt a lot,i wonder which is the cheapest airline?
not that im tight,but it gives me more money to spend on the sights,any help would be gratefull

check expedia.com, cheaptickets.com; also, downoad http://traveldeals.sidestep.com/jsp/bestdeals.jsp?SbAutoOpen=0 this site compares the fares and gives you the cheapest quote of the moment you are looking at the site. The best deals go QUICK though (few minutes) and are non refundable. Good luck in your search.

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpion
Member # 5004

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Karah_Mia:
check expedia.com, cheaptickets.com; also, downoad http://traveldeals.sidestep.com/jsp/bestdeals.jsp?SbAutoOpen=0 this site compares the fares and gives you the cheapest quote of the moment you are looking at the site. The best deals go QUICK though (few minutes) and are non refundable. Good luck in your search.

Thankyou Karah|_mia,that was most helpfull

Posts: 22 | From: southend uk | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thankyou Karah|_mia,that was most helpfull

Pleasure is all mine.

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wise_woman
Member # 444

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for wise_woman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see you're in the UK.

Twice I've used Britannia flights that Thomson holidays use, the website has been changed to (sorry I cant do a link)
www.thomsonflights.com

they have one way or return Wednesday direct flights from Gatwick and Manchester to Luxor.
It shows on the drop down list as Egypt Luxor.
They have Sunday flights from Gatwick and Manchester to Sharm el Sheikh.

They charge tax at the end of the costing, beware.

Flights to Cairo, British Airways have direct flights from Heathrow, otherwise go via KLM.

Sometimes it works out cheaper with a last minute package deal from teletext holidays.

Is your starsign Scorpio?

Posts: 266 | From: Scotland, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bulldog
Member # 2721

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bulldog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have allways used EgyptAir myself O.K it's not the cheapest but it is Direct has a 3* ranking by Skytrax 2* for on board entertainment and 3.5 for food unlike K.L.M
Posts: 176 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aischa
Member # 2661

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aischa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi scorpion,
i havean internet travel office. let me know, from where to where you want to fly???
aischa
quote:
Hi all,

Posts: 143 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natashiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by Natashiah (edited 12 August 2004).]

Posts: 723 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpion
Member # 5004

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wise_woman:
I see you're in the UK.

Twice I've used Britannia flights that Thomson holidays use, the website has been changed to (sorry I cant do a link)
www.thomsonflights.com

they have one way or return Wednesday direct flights from Gatwick and Manchester to Luxor.
It shows on the drop down list as Egypt Luxor.
They have Sunday flights from Gatwick and Manchester to Sharm el Sheikh.

They charge tax at the end of the costing, beware.

Flights to Cairo, British Airways have direct flights from Heathrow, otherwise go via KLM.

Sometimes it works out cheaper with a last minute package deal from teletext holidays.

Is your starsign Scorpio?

yes it is

scorpion
Member # 5004

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by aischa:
hi scorpion,
i havean internet travel office. let me know, from where to where you want to fly???
aischa

Hi aischa,i wish to fly from gatwick(uk)to luxor

aischa
Member # 2661

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aischa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how many day? when? with hotel? how many people? give me details - i will try to find the best offer for u
from aischa with love
quote:
Hi aischa,i wish to fly from gatwick(uk)to luxor

Posts: 143 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 4318

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anyone is going to Egypt from the United States you should check out www.1800airdeal.com I just booked a roundtrip flight on Alitalia Airlines for $800!
Posts: 34 | From: USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Thomson flights are expensive at the moment and KLM have been taken over by Air France which has pushed up the prices.

I found that at the moment the best deal I could find was through Lufthansa. It was £317 (including taxes) for a three month ticket from Heathrow to Cairo with no charge for amending the return date. (KLM was £480)

They have two flights each day too which makes it easirt to travel when you want to.

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wise_woman
Member # 444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wise_woman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too am a fellow Scorpion, if I was born a day later I'd be a Sagitarius, which is unthinkable as I have typical Scorpion traits.
I think they are the most wonderful creatures. I bought a few presevered scorpions in glass cube boxes and keyrings on holiday in Tunisia.
As well as being vegetarian, I cant bear to see a dead bird in the garden, but there was something different in seeing these scorpions preserved in all their glory. I have one on display on my desk in my office, I feel he is protecting me and ready to strike.
Anyhow.
Can you tell us roughly when you would like to fly, as dates obviously affects the price and how long you would like to stay for.

Posts: 266 | From: Scotland, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which site do you find them on LL, i have been looking for days and nothing lufthansa pops up
quote:
Originally posted by Luxorlover:
The Thomson flights are expensive at the moment and KLM have been taken over by Air France which has pushed up the prices.

I found that at the moment the best deal I could find was through Lufthansa. It was £317 (including taxes) for a three month ticket from Heathrow to Cairo with no charge for amending the return date. (KLM was £480)

They have two flights each day too which makes it easirt to travel when you want to.

------------------
I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got my flight through Solimantravel.com the English branch of the Egyptian travel co. The staff are Egptian and they are very helpful there.

I got stung by a bloody scorpion once. (I did not have my glasses on and picked it up like the fool that I am). The pain was almost unbearable. It was dreadful

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chelle67
Member # 4442

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chelle67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try looking at Thomson for holidays to luxor ( hotel, flight, transfer), The prices are cheaper than a flight alone at the mo as they have a sale on, (summer sun) www.thomson.co.uk

had to edit as i tried to add a link and it wouldn't work?? must be having a "blonde"day

[This message has been edited by chelle67 (edited 15 August 2004).]

Posts: 124 | From: england | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chelle67
Member # 4442

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chelle67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
????? this is weird, it has now added the link and won't let me edit?????
Posts: 124 | From: england | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliGirl
Member # 4409

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Shannon;
I just checked the link you posted as I am flying to Cairo in Sept but they were all over $1400!! I can fly out from San Diego or LAX. Please give me more info on your ticket as I need a good rate. Thanks SO MUCH!!

quote:
Originally posted by Shannon:
If anyone is going to Egypt from the United States you should check out www.1800airdeal.com I just booked a roundtrip flight on Alitalia Airlines for $800!

------------------

Posts: 62 | From: San Diego, Ca USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bellarosanna
Member # 5229

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bellarosanna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there I was just notified about a huge fare increase on a ticket I was just about to purchase so now i need to get a new flight from New York to Cairo as soon as possible. Can anyone help me get a low fare within the next 2 weeks? I tried a lot of the websites but maybe someone here has more suggestions. I appreciate your help.
Posts: 14 | From: New York, USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for welsafty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rose2004;
you can try to get a cheep ticket yourself from an online agent, expedient, and other similar sites, but out of experience, when I went directly for the airline to by the ticket from Detroit to Cairo it was $4000, when I got a little smart, I called a travel agent and she got me the same ticket the following year for ONlY $2600 then the next time I wanted to get a flight< I got even smarter and discovered the Direct Online purchase system from My favorite Airline for only 1600

then I was chocked to hear that a friend of my took the following flight to Cairo for only $900 well ANGRY is the correct word,, so I kept getting smarter and smarter and finally realized that the best ticket you can get to Cairo is from an Egyptian travel agent either in Texas or Michigan because they serve allot of Arabs coming in and out of the USA to the same reason

my last flight I paid only $635 I stopped in Amsterdam of course and had some fun and gave my cousin and his wife in Layden a visit

I don’t remember the exact name of the travel agent, it was something like Adam's Travel, or Adam travel Agent,
anyway,, you can find the name of this company in the yellow pages, they are in Dearborn, Michigan,

they ware very nice, got me the ticket the day I wanted with a price much lower than I could have ever expected, of course the price depends on many factors, such as the season you are planning your trip, the season you book the ticket, the airline, how many stops, , but you have to call many agents and bargain with them, they do want to make the most money out of you , but still selling you your ticket doesnt cost them more than the electricity used for the computer while the agent book it for you, so if you shop around and tell them about other flight you found, they can be straight forward with you < and tell you exactly what you want to hear as long as they will make couple bucks out of the phone conversation and booking your flight

quote:
Originally posted by Rose2004:
Hi there I was just notified about a huge fare increase on a ticket I was just about to purchase so now i need to get a new ......but maybe someone here has more suggestions. I appreciate your help.

Posts: 785 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fridaies
Member # 4446

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fridaies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so what about people coming from the Netherlands to Cairo, any suggestions about the cheapest flights ?

Posts: 63 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for welsafty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can ask My cousin for you < he is living there and comming very soon
quote:
Originally posted by fridaies:
so what about people coming from the Netherlands to Cairo, any suggestions about the cheapest flights ?

Posts: 785 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
he said there is a company that have cheap tickets to egypt.. its name was nova... I dont know if you can find it of not
quote:
Originally posted by welsafty:
I can ask My cousin for you < he is living there and comming very soon

fridaies
Member # 4446

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fridaies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found it..thanks a lot..i will call them and see.. http://www.marokko-reizen.nl/vliegtickets.htm
Nova Reizen

They advertise 300 euros which is good.

Any more suggestions??

quote:
he said there is a company that have cheap tickets to egypt.. its name was nova... I dont know if you can find it of not

[This message has been edited by fridaies (edited 07 September 2004).]

Posts: 63 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
well if I remember when I was in amesterdam last time I saw some adds for a round trip to Egypt 1 week, half bored for like 260 E, but I am not sure if that was only for the summer,

I just remember talking to my cousin overthere and he mentioned that it is much cheeper than regular round trip flight to cairo and he was wodering if it was a charter to Sharm only ...

quote:
Originally posted by fridaies:
Found it..thanks a lot..i will call them and see.. ....They advertise 300 euros which is good.

Any more suggestions??

fridaies
Member # 4446

Rate Member
Usually these r last minutes and they have a lot of restrictions, like u have to make reservations for 2 and then u pay an extra of so and so..so it is not really practical and afterall, they r rarely to Cairo..mostly Sharm or Hurghada.

quote:
well if I remember when I was in amesterdam last time I saw some adds for a round trip to Egypt 1 week, half bored for like 260 E, but I am not sure if that was only for the summer,

I just remember talking to my cousin overthere and he mentioned that it is much cheeper than regular round trip flight to cairo and he was wodering if it was a charter to Sharm only ...

CaliGirl
Member # 4409

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for CaliGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Rose;
I can get you the number to the person that hooked me up with my fare. Contact me at holaveronika@yahoo.com He is in New York as well.

quote:
Hi there I was just notified about a huge fare increase on a ticket I was just about to purchase so now i need to get a new flight from New York to Cairo as soon as possible. Can anyone help me get a low fare within the next 2 weeks? I tried a lot of the websites but maybe someone here has more suggestions. I appreciate your help.

------------------

Posts: 62 | From: San Diego, Ca USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chelle67
Member # 4442

Rate Member
Hi rose, I have just been looking at cheap flights and I followed a link to the american site, I found a luftthansa flight from jfk to luxor for next week going for $786?
It is at www.cheapflights.com

dr_judge
Member # 5223

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for dr_judge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welsafty: ( prefer to call u mr. Nothing )
I was not going to reply to you smiply because it seems that you are one of those who have nothing in there mind and have nothing to do and the most thing you know is yr way to home.
let me show you that you are nothing to care about:
First about my degree I have a license from cairo university and was the third over cairo university and I'm working as a prosecutor ( wakeel neyabah) but I got the degree of a judge but I dont reach the determined age 30 to turn to work with the court. and I did not mention that I got my LL.B from anywhere else just you felt you wanna say some nonsense so your write it without reading my post in a good way.
second any prosecutor can teach in any unversity including the auc but he have to got a permission from both the public prosecutor and an office name international co-operation office and that what exactly what I did . got it man .. or u still have no ability to understand
Third: the auc is registered in usa and belong to america and asking from some pre-requests dont mean that they dont admitt it .. man try to learn then to talk . and the auc was founded according to an agreement held between the ministry of eduction and the main american unversity in 1919 and have a registered protocol which is founded in both foriegn affair ministry and high-eduction minstry.
four: there is no district attorney in egypt and you have to read some bookk first to know that a district attorney is only founded in the usa and and they are appointed to defend the people of there district with a direct subside from the government but he we have public prosecutor and district prosecutor and this is law and almost u have a degree in changing car wheels so you dont know it and you just love to show how knowledgeless you are and keep talking without learning.
but the people like you who can only envy other people who is better than him are not to be considered so ....
just go learn and pay some effort as what I paid and have a position as I have and benifit our country as I do then talk .. because recently you are less than the level I can talk with and u can not even talk on this fourm except to say to someone where to eat or rent a flat as you by sure have a lot connections with your colleuge of yr same standard of doorman.
Good night mr : Nothing

Posts: 191 | From: cairo, Egypt | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abdelmageed
Member # 5334

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for abdelmageed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
belfast-cairo,relpy at mageed85@hotmail.com

Posts: 3 | From: uk | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mimi727
Member # 5346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimi727     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mimi727
Member # 5346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimi727     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I purchased my ticket through Zhony Travel iin Jersey City. Hope that is okay to mention the name. When I purchased my ticket last month I paid $825. Enjoy Egypt! I'm going to...

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com