EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Rent prices in Cairo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rent prices in Cairo
Sumayyah
Member # 5009

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sumayyah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I just wanted to confirm with members here, what I have been advised about renting in cairo.

Basically I've been told that a reasonable price for a decent, 2 bed, fully furnished apartment in Heliopolis is around £200 per month (stirling). Is this right? If it is - great. If not, what should I be expecting to pay?

Also, I might be spending a month or so in Nasr city (which I believe is nearby?) - is the rent price around the same there, or different?

Any info would be great,

Many Thanks,

Sumayyah

Posts: 28 | From: England | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygene
Member # 4945

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygene     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sumayyah:
Hi,

I just wanted to confirm with members here, what I have been advised about renting in cairo.

Basically I've been told that a reasonable price for a decent, 2 bed, fully furnished apartment in Heliopolis is around £200 per month (stirling). Is this right? If it is - great. If not, what should I be expecting to pay?

Also, I might be spending a month or so in Nasr city (which I believe is nearby?) - is the rent price around the same there, or different?

Any info would be great,

Many Thanks,

Sumayyah

Hi. My friend rented a 2 bed fully furnis hed apartment in heliopolis for 1000LE per month which is about £100 (Sterling) so you can probably get cheaper...but the price you pay might just depend on the quality of the flat and the furniture etc and whether it a has AC or telephone.

My friends was nice and clean with 2 spacious bedrooms nice sized kitchen and bathroom, good quality furniture and a telephone line but n o TV or AC.

Posts: 29 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, 200 GBP will probably get you something decent in Heliopolis, but if you have time to shop around and you tell the landlords all you want to spend is 150 GBP or 100 GBP you can find something in that range too. After you've seen what you can get for these prices then you can decide what to pay for what you want.

So much will depend on how long you will plan to stay. A long term contract is for 1 year and that will get you the best prices. Keep in mind that if you have contacts to help you get things done, that an awful lot of what you might want changed inside your flat to suit you can be done for very little money. This is only good to think about though if you have the support group that can help you shop and find the labor to do the work. My flat at 1600LE was far from perfect when I found it, but we negotiated, they did some of the work at their cost, I did more at my cost. Now I have a place I'm comfortable in.

If you want someone experienced in looking for the features of a flat that may or may not be to your liking, contact me.

------------------
www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net for customized excursions in Cairo and beyond
Dds71@aol.com

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sumayyah
Member # 5009

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sumayyah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oxygene, Debbie - Thanks alot for the info. I think I'll be set on £200 as my maximum budget per month. Insha'Allah I wont get ripped off like that.
-
Sumayyah

Posts: 28 | From: England | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
acmilan_italia
Member # 4771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmilan_italia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found a flat with TV air conditioned TV at 4500LE.
Posts: 14 | From: Milano Italia | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AsSalaaf
Member # 6030

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AsSalaaf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can EASILY rent a nice 70-120m2 flat in Cairo for 1500LE furnished, satellite, ac, phone, washer for a year contract that is a nice place, good views. I HIGHLY recoomend staying a hotel the first week or so or a cheap hostel and making Egyptian friends, because that will help you TREMEDOUSLY...and 4500LE is straight getting ripped off for anything less than a flat on the nile fully fursnihed 4 bedrrom delux apartment that only tourists would rent. Dont use a real estate agent, make friends and expect to pay no more than 1500LE for a really nice place, with a good view. Especially in areas like Nasr City, Mokki, and possibly if you search good enough in Mohandeseen. Stay away from Zamalik...its a really nice area that is almost all tourists and foreigners and the Landlords there KNOW IT. :P Good luck and inshaAllah you will have no problems..
Ma3salaama
Daniel Salaaf

Posts: 2 | From: Phoenix, AZ USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
somone
Member # 5435

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for somone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes ..i agree about what Daniel mentioned .
I have a very nice flat 110 m in the best place in Madint Nasr in Abbas el Aqaad St . 2 bedrooms full very well furnished, satellite, telephone ,ac, phone, washer good views .It is only 1500LE . very good bulding sutable for forigner .
it is for rent now for a shrot and long term .
Any intersted one pleas contact abdulhameednet@yahoo.com

Posts: 579 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timbuctoo
Member # 440

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for timbuctoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uggghh, Nasr City. Sorry, but too damn far from anywhere of interest and you've got screaming aircraft flying overhead on approach to the airport at all hours. Heliopolis is a much better locale IMO.
Posts: 266 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sanSiro
Member # 6294

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sanSiro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi we have a nice flat in nasr city and good quit location next to Abbas el akkad and the same pice like the one you mention and has two air condation and fully furintured also
if you need to know more and intersited don't hesitate to contact me
sansiroaccommodation@yahoo.com

Posts: 1 | From: cairo, egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WELSHLADYUK
Member # 5356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WELSHLADYUK   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found a fab 2 bed flat in Street No.6 where 99% of foreigners live in Maadi with carpets, air cond. satelite TV and a security man. Metro not far and it is clean, safe and quite. Cost 2000LE per month but I know there is a lot in the area just as nice for around 1800LE.....Doki is quite good too, check it out.
Posts: 203 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KIMBERLY_41
Member # 6459

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KIMBERLY_41     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welshladyuk..could you help me to find a flat for 23 days in Maadi? Could we chat in private i have yahoo messenger and msn also...Let me know ..

Kimberly

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WELSHLADYUK:
I found a fab 2 bed flat in Street No.6 where 99% of foreigners live in Maadi with carpets, air cond. satelite TV and a security man. Metro not far and it is clean, safe and quite. Cost 2000LE per month but I know there is a lot in the area just as nice for around 1800LE.....Doki is quite good too, check it out.

How long is your contract for? One year? 6 months?

Kim, I'll say it again....you need to sign a long term lease to get a decent flat at the price you are saying you are willing to spend.
Good luck, but I don't think for 23 days you will find anyting so cheap.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerry
Member # 6310

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Kerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi suma, ok we got an apartment next to sheraton heliopolis hotel/ airport, its direct behind it. its 140m² three seperated bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, 2 balcony, biiig living+dinging room, with satelite tv+phone,washmashine all is brandnew! its on the 3rd floor and the building just got 5 floors. nice pretty quite area. contact us Kerry1711@aol.com we are waiting for u and the price will be no problem it depend on how long u will stay. Keep in touch

Posts: 147 | From: Mainz,Germany/ Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kerry, what do you do for transportation from there? Are there taxis running regularly? What do you have to pay to get to the Metro station from there? Or do you have a car?

The Sheraton area is not bad IF you have a car or don't mind paying extra for your transport out of the area. It's a little too far away from everything for my taste, but I know people that enjoy it out there. The same goes for Nasr City, although there are taxis available there all the time, but they will charge more to get you to the Metro or anywhere else you need to go outside Nasr City.

Kerry
Member # 6310

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Kerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there are all the time taxis and special buses from sheraton to abbassia or trainstation or wherever those r privat bus and very pretty... and yes we have a car and we can rent it too if somebody has the courage but its not very far ur in 5 min at horreya mall, heliopolis and in a short time in nasr city, and in 20min in downtown by the nile, and i drive normal cuz i dont have a fast car.....so if u have any questions dont be shy...have a nice weekend
Posts: 147 | From: Mainz,Germany/ Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerry
Member # 6310

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Kerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there are all the time taxis and special buses from sheraton to abbassia or trainstation or wherever those r privat bus and very pretty... and yes we have a car and we can rent it too if somebody has the courage but its not very far ur in 5 min at horreya mall, heliopolis and in a short time in nasr city, and in 20min in downtown by the nile, and i drive normal cuz i dont have a fast car.....so if u have any questions dont be shy...have a nice weekend
WELSHLADYUK
Member # 5356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WELSHLADYUK   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Debbie:
How long is your contract for? One year? 6 months?

Kim, I'll say it again....you need to sign a long term lease to get a decent flat at the price you are saying you are willing to spend.
Good luck, but I don't think for 23 days you will find anyting so cheap.

Sorry Kim would be difficult to rent for 23 days most landlords want 3 months, I was lucky to rent for 4 months....that was only because I knew the family renting it out. 23 days maybe best to get into a hotel. You can get a room in a 3 star for as little as 70LE per night depending on what and where you want.

Posts: 203 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kim short term flat rental market in cairo is not like in europe, which caters to the budget tourist. Rather, it's the opposite in that much of it caters to very wealthy families from the gulf. Often, you will find such flats more expensive than the rate at a five star hotel. Part of it is the market they are catering to, part of it is that the renters have a bad reputation for...how do I say this politely... well, acting like rock stars when it comes to taking care with other people's home furnishings. Therefore, the price often times either reflects expected damages or there's a security deposit.

food is incredibly cheap in egypt. there's absolutely no need for you to be cooking on your own - stay in a hotel! you'll also need the support of the staff to orient you around the first couple of days.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thistle
Member # 6024

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for thistle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kimberley,
Check out our website at www.nileview.com we are doing bed and breakfast on the Nile.

Posts: 27 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com