EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Clubbing in Egypt..!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Clubbing in Egypt..!
cutefan
Member # 2430

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for cutefan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello,
im crazy about clubbing..does anyone know some decent places where the ticket's prices are cheap to moderate?!
thx

Posts: 72 | From: cairo egypt | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cutefan
Member # 2430

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cutefan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello its me again..i live in cairo..so i was talking about cairo ofcourse!!
Posts: 72 | From: cairo egypt | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natashiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Almost all the hotels have clubs...call Sheraton etc.

Posts: 723 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doffa
Member # 4904

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for Doffa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what!!!? oh,. no. don't go Sheraton it's Smelly.. U have more than 10 to 20 pub and bar in Each nearby area but just tell me where u live and ur budget for entrance fees or minimun charge cuz as u know prices depends on categories and classes
Posts: 88 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doffa:
what!!!? oh,. no. don't go Sheraton it's Smelly..

There are 4 different Sheratons in town. Surely they aren't ALL "Smelly", are they? You two want to clarify which Sheraton you are talking about please?

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Gezirah Sheraton is good.
Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cutefan
Member # 2430

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for cutefan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thx guys...well..actually the cheaper the better..but i hope that its not "the cheaper,the less decent it is"!!
so can u tell me whats the minumum or cheapest ticket price for a decent disco?
and the name of the place ofcourse.
thx for help

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All of the clubs attached to five star hotels are rather pricey.

Unfortunately there aren't many places for clubbing in Cairo apart from those. I usually go to the Jazzclub (great for dancing on Wednesday nights) or to After Eight (better and bigger dancefloor than JC). Both of those aren't exactly cheap either, I think After Eight has a minimum charge of forty LE (about six Euros).

For more information check this: http://www.yallabina.com/

[This message has been edited by Dalia (edited 15 August 2004).]

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for welsafty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wel I remember there used to be the Regena, and the Jakes In Atlas Hotel in Game3t aldowal< and what was the other one? I dont remember, Last time I went there was like years ago? last time I went to iether one they was ok < I dont know if they got renuvated or leftto deterierat
Posts: 785 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doffa
Member # 4904

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doffa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahahahahaa ...Atlas?!! b2anta keda!! Htb3t El ragel ya ragel

-Cairo Jazz Club is good but dependening on ur age and ur ear if u like jazz and rock, they have live music till today I think.
- But I recommend that u spend a little bit more and try Absolute
-Go Rithmo if u have a new date
- or Deals and hardrock if u r Gay ahh..i mean single
-or La Bodega if u loooove Chill and Lounge music as I do.

Posts: 88 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natashiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by welsafty:
wel I remember there used to be the Regena, and the Jakes In Atlas Hotel in Game3t aldowal< and what was the other one? I dont remember, Last time I went there was like years ago? last time I went to iether one they was ok < I dont know if they got renuvated or leftto deterierat

AAAAAAARGH...please please please...not Atlas hotel...the decor is tacky enough it will make anyone sick...I can just imagine what the club looks like!

Posts: 723 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
christina44
Member # 5127

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for christina44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK excuse my ignorance but what is the "apprpriate attire" for clubbing in egypt?
Posts: 15 | From: usa | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The same as anywhere else ...
Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noiretblanc
Member # 4272

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for noiretblanc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dalia you should bring us to those clubs!!!
What are they like?

Posts: 182 | From: Madrid, SPAIN | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[B]hahahahahaa
B]

Excuse me, my husband and me found each other at DEALS!!!!!!!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary_77
Member # 5264

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary_77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the age range of people who go there. Maybe i will check it out

quote:
hahahahahaa ...Atlas?!! b2anta keda!! Htb3t El ragel ya ragel

-Cairo Jazz Club is good but dependening on ur age and ur ear if u like jazz and rock, they have live music till today I think.
- But I recommend that u spend a little bit more and try Absolute
-Go Rithmo if u have a new date
-or La Bodega if u loooove Chill and Lounge music as I do.

Posts: 38 | From: Holland | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for welsafty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don’t know, last time I went there was more than 12 years ago, but I still see allot of traffic in and out the place,
quote:
Originally posted by Mary_77:
What is the age range of people who go there. Maybe i will check it out

Posts: 785 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doffa
Member # 4904

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doffa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
age depends on the place u r going to
-Cairo Jazz Club 18 to 28
- Absolute 26-34
-Rithmo 28-50
- or Deals and hardrock 18-50
-or La Bodega 24-40

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Huh? I know a lot of people who go there who are in their mid- or late thirties and some in their forties. I always feel that it's a very mixed audience in terms of nationality, age, style, etc.

Doffa
Member # 4904

Rate Member
I think u r right Dalia
cutefan
Member # 2430

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cutefan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have a very important question..why do most of the discos if not all..stick to this very one condition on entering.."u must be a couple" .this is very annoying for single ppl who want to go out clubbing with their friends!! and im talking about discos here.
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Here's what the Jazz Club posts on its site regarding the subject:

"strictly couples only.
history tells us that too much testosterone proved to be a destructive force. in order to ensure a comfortable gender ratio, we have to insist on a couples only policy."

From what I observed most clubs don't apply these rules strictly, there's always room for personal interpretation, so if you come with a mixed group they will let you in; I think this policy has been developped to avoid having groups of males invading the place and harrassing female guests.

welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
quote:

Jazz Club ??? in Cairo?? where is that < I'd love to go there, I LOVE Jazz

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia:
I think this policy has been developped to avoid having groups of males invading the place and harrassing female guests.

...... I never felt harassed.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by welsafty:
Jazz Club ??? in Cairo?? where is that < I'd love to go there, I LOVE Jazz

It's on 26th of July street in Mohandessin / Agouza.

If you like jazz have you been to After Eight? Or to El Sawy Cultural Center in Zamalek? They also have jazz concerts, you can see posters announcing them everywhere.
www.cairojazzclub.com

cutefan
Member # 2430

Rate Member
Dalia...i agree.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com