EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Going to Cairo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Going to Cairo
Mary_77
Member # 5264

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary_77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am coming to cairo very soon, and i would like to know: what can you suggest me? What do i need to see? What can i not miss? Are there places not a lot of foreigners come? I would like to know places that foreigners do not visit a lot. Do not misunderstand me. I love foreigners too, but when i am on holiday, i would like to see, meet the people of that country. I hope i will get a lot of suggestions
Posts: 38 | From: Holland | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sexy__Beast
Member # 5248

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sexy__Beast   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.yallabina.com

Listing of cultural events, nightlife etc.

Regards,
SB

Posts: 30 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptourguide
Member # 5233

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for egyptourguide   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
peace be with u
never lost the pyramids in Cairo,Egyptian museum,khan el Khalil market
in Alexandria the cta tomb,Turkish place ,great library of Alexandria,fort of Alexandria,
and if u wer diver u can see under water museum
many other cities and places see the picks and choice
just try this now http://soha.egypt.tripod.com
regards and good luck

[This message has been edited by egyptourguide (edited 06 September 2004).]

Posts: 167 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
la_mandorla
Member # 4723

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for la_mandorla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mary_77:
I am coming to cairo very soon, and i would like to know: what can you suggest me? What do i need to see? What can i not miss? Are there places not a lot of foreigners come? I would like to know places that foreigners do not visit a lot. Do not misunderstand me. I love foreigners too, but when i am on holiday, i would like to see, meet the people of that country. I hope i will get a lot of suggestions

Hi Mary- i am also from Holland..well I am living here(org. from the US) and will be visiting Cairo at the end of september for 10 days. I would really like to meet some people 'voor de gezelligeheid', to share sightseeing with and experience the culture.
My email: fluffy_lacroix@yahoo.com

peace out

Posts: 11 | From: holland | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bulldog
Member # 2721

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bulldog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Mary_77
That depends on how long are you staying in Cairo,there's the pyramids, museum of entiquities,the Pharoahnic village,old Cairo and lots more. Not forgetting the evenings entertainment and the odd Egyptian boyfreind that says he loves you that come your way.

Posts: 176 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary_77
Member # 5264

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Mary_77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog:
Hi Mary_77
That depends on how long are you staying in Cairo,there's the pyramids, museum of entiquities,the Pharoahnic village,old Cairo and lots more. Not forgetting the evenings entertainment and the odd Egyptian boyfreind that says he loves you that come your way.

Odd boyfriend???? I am staying little over a month. Can not stay longer unfortunatly. What do you mean with evenings entertaiment, can you sugest something? What is really nice to go to?

Posts: 38 | From: Holland | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for welsafty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marry ; if that would be your first ( hopefully not last) visit to Egypt then I strongly advice you to visit places that foreigners do see, then after you see all that, if you have any egyptian friends, ask them to show you his or her Egypt because this is going to be the Egypt you need to know

Otherwise you will be lost in a thousand inner Egypts that are all different from each other
The people could look the same, act and think the same way, but they don’t live the same way
you can see Maadi and think mm, looks like a nice rich Detroit neighborhood, you can go to 6th of October City and se the lavish palaces, and think WOW, better than Beverly Hills, you can go to Madinat Nasr, Dokki, or Mohandessen and think wow looks allot like the nice neighborhood of Mexico city or you can go to Shubra and think you are in a the Matrix where everyone is have less than one foot of living space

you have to decide first which Egypt you want to see , but don’t worry 90% of the time you will meet the normal Egyptian people

quote:
Originally posted by Mary_77:

[This message has been edited by welsafty (edited 06 September 2004).]

Posts: 785 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bulldog
Member # 2721

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bulldog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Mary_77 as your a first timer, by evenings entertainment I meant things like live shows (Wherling Dervishers,Belly dancing and music all types) dinner on a riverboat perhaps. If your going with a tour company ask your rep, He/she should know what is current and up to date.
As for myself being a male I have different tastes and visit my belly dancing fun at places where a lot of women would fear to tred. Goodluck Bulldog.

Posts: 176 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptguide
Member # 5110

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptguide   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
peace be with u
try this web to see picks and information about egypt and the most important tourism spots then u make ur choice http://soha.egypt.tripod.com
e mail me if u need a help
egypt_tourguide@yahoo.com
regards

Posts: 6 | From: egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doffa
Member # 4904

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doffa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we have to know ur interests first...cuz actually I work as an Events organizer which will be easy for me to tell u exactly where to go and what to do.

So, Tell us ur interests, whatever: shooping, night life(Dancing, drinking, smoking, Opera, Pool Parties), where to eat(Egyptian, western or weird but tasty food),Local traveling (Snorkeling , Safari, camping. Egyptian culture, relax & tan ur body), cheapest ways of living, luxury life………….. ???! Lots to know to give the right answer..!!
Email me with all ur requirements to be able to help u through this (:
aarw13@hotmail.com

Posts: 88 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Memo2000
Member # 3996

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Memo2000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Friend
u r welcome to Egypt .
there is many places to visit in egypt you can find it here . http://www.travel-egypt.ha22.com

and if you decieded to come Alexandria just call if you need help .
012-4479073
email: info@halim-hosting.com
Thanks
Halim

Posts: 271 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com