EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » To Change A Lightbulb

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: To Change A Lightbulb
philand teresa
Member # 2726

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for philand teresa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found this in a travel forum thought it might amuse here
How many subscribers to an online message board does it take to change a light bulb?

Answers:

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...

another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is a "FAQ"

2 to post reasons why the light bulb burning out is the result of a government conspiracy.

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

43 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs"

1 lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

5 to say "thank you"

Posts: 119 | From: West Midlands. U.K. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Memo2000
Member # 3996

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Memo2000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello friends.
New forums about egypt .. Egypt news .. Egypt Classifieds .. and more .. http://www.ha22.com/forum

Posts: 271 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by philand teresa:
Found this in a travel forum thought it might amuse here
How many subscribers to an online message board does it take to change a light bulb?

Answers:

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...

another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is a "FAQ"

2 to post reasons why the light bulb burning out is the result of a government conspiracy.

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

43 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs"

1 lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

5 to say "thank you"

Thanks for making me laugh

but you didnt explain HOW to change a light bulb

------------------
I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gary
Member # 3608

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL
can i be 1 of the 7 that point out the dangers of changing said lightbulb .
1;be sure not to change to soon as could still be HOT to touch , resulting in burnt fingers
2;be sure to switch of at wall as putting in new light bulb whilst switch still in on position could startle you when bulb lights up resulting in you falling from chair

sure we will get 1 of the 41 now as my spelling must be wrong ?
and
1 of the 6..... now is it lightbulb or lightbulb ??

best post ive seen for a long time PandT

[This message has been edited by gary (edited 26 September 2004).]

Posts: 130 | From: torquay . uk | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philand teresa
Member # 2726

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for philand teresa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by gary:
[B]
1 of the 6..... now is it lightbulb or lightbulb ??[B]

We think its lightbulb

Will this post get us the "most pointless post of the year award 2004"?????

Posts: 119 | From: West Midlands. U.K. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lexxweb
Member # 5468

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lexxweb   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this is a travel forum but what did this have to do with Egypt?

Very funny by the way!

Posts: 4 | From: A sacred mummy tomb! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philand teresa
Member # 2726

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for philand teresa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi lexxweb We agree It has nothing to do with travel in Egypt at all. Its about people who post on message boards. I do not think the moderator looks on here any more, if he did he would have deleated all those silly happy holiday types postings. Lets try putting some swear words on see if they get deleated ......bottom burp ......there lets see what happens.

For a good travel forum try Lonely Planet's for laughs come here.

gary
Member # 3608

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what forum ????
Posts: 130 | From: torquay . uk | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by philand teresa:
...bottom burp ......

i am offended by such language

------------------
I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philand teresa
Member # 2726

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for philand teresa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to offend Ayisha. But in the interest of scientific experiments, we have to make sacrifices. We promise no more naughty words.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com