EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Mina Palace - Luxor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mina Palace - Luxor
mydream
Member # 4638

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for mydream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi every one - can any one tell me how I can book the Mina Palace Hotel in Luxor.
I have looked on the net and not found any thing yet
Would be grateful for ideas
Thanks

Posts: 97 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shushi
Member # 2417

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shushi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I think you are getting your names mixed up. The Mena House Oberoi is in Cairo (next to the Pyramids). In Luxor there is a hotel called The Winter Palace - I think that is what you are looking for. If it is the Winter Palace, then you can choose to stay in the very expensive "Old" part which was the former winter palace of King Farouk, or in the "New" annexe - both share the same amenities. I hope this helps.

Good luck.

Posts: 26 | From: Darlington, Co. Durham, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mina Palace - Luxor

telephone: 002 095 2372074

Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mydream
Member # 4638

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for mydream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Kenzie

Posts: 97 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Mina Palace may be in need of a little care and attention but it has the best views in Luxor.
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mydream
Member # 4638

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for mydream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Luxorlover.
I am sure it will do well for a brief visit.
I did send you an email about the booking of Mina Palace but I guess you were away as it was returned after 4 days.
Do they speak English there does any one know? I guess so.
I have a niggling fear that we will arrive and they will be unable to find the booking!
Thanks again

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry that you got no reply from me - I have been in Cairo before travelling back to England for a few weeks.

The receptionist has poor English but the Manager's English is excellent. You should have no trouble booking there.

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mydream
Member # 4638

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for mydream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh great - thanks Luxorlover
My system returns all mails to me that have not been opened within 4 days - such a pain
Hope you have a good trip.
If you are any where near Gloucestershire while in UK - we could met up for a drink/meal.

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
I won't be near Glous but I shall be going shopping in London one day. We could perhaps meet them if you fancy a day out. Ayishia and Gege - how about joining us.
mydream
Member # 4638

Rate Member
Sounds great any ideas on dates yet?
wise_woman
Member # 444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wise_woman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a flight only to Luxor a few years ago and simply got taxi from airport and turned up at Mina Palace in Luxor unannounced and they had vacancies.

I dont like those old style elevators so took the stairs up to my room on 3rd floor.

I remember there were lots of military persons in hotel lobby and on staircase. Made me wonder if they were on a major skive there or doing something top secret.

I was one of about 10 western tourists staying there at the time.
They didnt have any rooms with 2 balconies - one overlooking Luxor Temple and one facing the River Nile. I think those rooms end in number 6.

At the time a double room (just for me) was LE60. I think.

It was a basic, clean, economy hotel and I encounterd my first cockroach.

[This message has been edited by wise_woman (edited 28 September 2004).]

Posts: 266 | From: Scotland, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Not yet - but we will work something out. Ayisha is in Luxor from tomorrow but she will be back soon. I think that GeGE is in Cairo.
mydream
Member # 4638

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for mydream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks wisewoman for your info - greatly appreciated!
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
406 - is the top floor corner room and as far as the view goes it is the best room in the hotel. 306, just below it is OK too,

Luxor is very busy at the moment and several hotels are fully booked up, so phone first to make sure of the room if you can. If not, don't worry as there are plenty of other reasonably prices hotelss around.

Have a wonderful holiday. I wish I was there to see you.

[This message has been edited by Luxorlover (edited 29 September 2004).]

mydream
Member # 4638

Rate Member
Thanks Luxorlover - hope to meet up in London first!
We are going over the Christmas period - I recommend it to any one!

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Mydream - if you are not going to Luxor until Christmas then, if you have any problems, I can make the booking at the Mina Palace for you when I get back there.
mydream
Member # 4638

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for mydream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are an absolute treasure!
Thank you Luxorlover -
You don't know how much I appreciate that offer at this moment in time - having a bad week and especially bad day!
A real tonic!

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
just let me know the dates. You have my e-mail address. I shall be back there in a month and that is in plenty of time to make the booking.
mydream
Member # 4638

Rate Member
Thanks again LL
Will contact when flights and our wanderings have been sorted!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com