EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » EGYPT IS SAFE AND SECURE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EGYPT IS SAFE AND SECURE
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The news has said that there has been a blast in Egypt an a hotel in Taba - this is tragic but it does not mean that Egypt is unsafe.

The hotel is only a few yards from the Israeli border and is a favourite place for Israelis to holiday. This fact has made the hotel a target in the Palestine/Israeli problem. Warnings had been issued and ignored. Tragically there has been a loss of life but this has nothing to do with the Egyptians.

The rest of Egypt is safe, secure and welcoming. You will have a wonderful holiday here so relax and enjoy it.

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thirtysomething
Member # 5506

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for thirtysomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's just hope the they don't show the pictures over and over again on TV.... It definitely gives the wrong impression! I feel very sorry for the victims,but this really does't have any thing to do with Egypt and the Egytians.
Posts: 29 | From: switzerland | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I doubt after the attack that Egypt is considered safe and secure - at least not for a while. Its going to impact the Egyptian tourism industry big time and foreigners will see this thread for themselves.

I am really really sad and upset. Thats what Egypt doesn't need at all. And Ramadan is starting so soon .........

Peace to everyone.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it affects the tourist industry it will be only because people want it to. Only those that were truly nervous will stay away. The others will see the facts and will not cancel their holiday.

Egypt is safe. I was there on 9/11 and I was infinitely safer there than in New York.

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asiaq
Member # 4323

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for asiaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure...sunday im in Hurghada

[This message has been edited by asiaq (edited 10 October 2004).]

Posts: 363 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drenboy
Member # 5569

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for drenboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My girlfriend and I are visiting Egypt at the end of November. First trip for us and we have been very excited about it. We begin with a Nile Cruise and then have three days in Cairo and four days in Luxor before flying home.

The recent news is, of course, very worrying. I'm not an expert on these matters, but I guess that as the Israeli border is several hundred miles from the places we are visiting, and that the bombings (sad as they are) are not aimed at tourists in general, that we should be safe enough. I certainly don't want to cancel my holiday, for myself and also for the Egyptian people who's economy is so dependent on tourism.

It's comforting to hear from others on this forum that they belive such a trip should be fine, especially from those who live in the country.

Posts: 2 | From: London, UK | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
denisegr
Member # 5167

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for denisegr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by drenboy:
[B]My girlfriend and I are visiting Egypt at the end of November. First trip for us and we have been very excited about it. We begin with a Nile Cruise and then have three days in Cairo and four days in Luxor before flying home.

May I ask which hotels you will be staying in? It sounds like the same trip I have done for the past two years.

Posts: 26 | From: england | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bulldog
Member # 2721

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bulldog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't worry it's the Israelis who were thw target by Hamas suicide bombers. As i understand an attack of this sort was probably expected at some point by those that live or work in the area.
Posts: 176 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnotherNewMember
Member # 5014

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnotherNewMember     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually after incidents like this Egypt is even more secure. I'm sure the government has even increased security. I've heard they've actually began searching cars coming in and out of tourist areas, beefed up airport security, the whole 9 yards.

Egypt depends too much on tourism to allow a few isolated incidents like this to make their tourist feel insecure. So I think all will be safer than they were before.

The past year was a record year for tourism even with the war in Iraq, instability in Israel and the was in Sudan, so Egypt is still a secure place for tourist. Enjoy.

Posts: 323 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drenboy
Member # 5569

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for drenboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
May I ask which hotels you will be staying in? It sounds like the same trip I have done for the past two years.

Denisegr

We'll be staying at the Pyramid Park in Cairo and the Mercure Coralia in Luxor, all courtesy of Discover Egypt.

[This message has been edited by drenboy (edited 08 October 2004).]

Posts: 2 | From: London, UK | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
denisegr
Member # 5167

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for denisegr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, different hotels to us we wereat Ramses Hilton and Luxor Sheraton
quote:
Originally posted by drenboy:
Denisegr

We'll be staying at the Pyramid Park in Cairo and the Mercure Coralia in Luxor, all courtesy of Discover Egypt.

[This message has been edited by drenboy (edited 08 October 2004).]

Posts: 26 | From: england | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Both are lovely hotels
wills76
Member # 4427

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wills76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing will stop me coming back to Egypt unless we are grounded in the UK which is very unlikely. I have been visiting Egypt since 1994 without a care in the world when I am their. Please do not be put off traveling due to this sad incident.
Posts: 127 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for loborules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be there in Luxor soon ....
Posts: 816 | From: On top of a dog house | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a threat of terrorism everywhere in the world. I worked in London about 20 yards from the site of the bombing at Canary wharf. The bomb at Staines coener was 4 miles from my house. The bomb at Ealing Broadway was 1/2 mile from my house. I lived under the flight path to Heathros arguable one of the busiests and high profile airports. My journey to and fro work was regurly interrupted becaue of bomb threats.

Now I live in Luxor, Egypt and I feel a whole lot safer. The recent bombs were is an area hundreds of miles away in an area with a history of trouble especially between Israel and Egypt. The Egyptians will no doubt be beefing up security (which is already really high). Enjoy Egypt

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com