EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Get a life!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Get a life!
Andy
Member # 5582

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Andy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been visiting this site for over a month and I can no longer sit by and be quiet. I am appalled at the majority of Egyptian residents that post on this web site. You are giving potential visitors to your country a very bad impression of Egyptian people. All I see are money grabbers trying to fleece ANYONE who will stand still long enough for them to pick their pockets. Example 1: I was reading Coming to Cairo and want to meet new friends /A majority of posts received were from tour guides offering their friendship for a price. What ever happened to people doing things without expecting anything in return.
And I have to say something about the (young studs) who think any single female coming to Cairo is so desperate for a man she is willing to hook up with a looser like them. GET A REAL JOB! A man would not get off by having to live off of a woman and lying to her in the process. And then you feel the need to visit a web site to brag about it. I find it interesting that all of you are Lawyer's, Doctors, and so well educated. You just happen to drive taxi's and give tours on the side.? Oh... and what about the whining females that post how in love they are with some guy they just met. They all say the same thing " he doesn't want anything from me" we are soooo in love. Give us all a break and get a clue about life and relationships.

Posts: 22 | From: Dallas, Texas USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timbuctoo
Member # 440

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for timbuctoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regarding these gigolos, amms, one-night husbands or whatever you call 'em, it takes two to tango. I too at times have gotten a bit weary how this board seems to dwell on such themes. I've never butted in these endless discussions 'cos I don't think it's any of my business to do so. Let foreign females make their own mistakes if they want to get involved with such types and learn from them, I say.
Posts: 266 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see anything wrong with this board. I feel sometimes like sitting in a big round, talking to other people about different topics (and I nip on the cup of cafe at my computer..... I do it right now ). I enjoy being on here; in fact its one of my fav sites on the Internet.

I really don't understand why each time the issue about the gigolos has to come up. You find them in any country and a smart woman with enough self-confidence and self-love will naturally stay away from them. Anyway these men only make a considered small percentage of the male population in Egypt and you'll find them mostly at the resorts.

Andy, I am not sure if you know too much about Egypt or you ever have been there. Its not uncommon to find people with university degrees driving a taxi or working at hotels etc. because even a job with a university degree brings in only a minimum wage in this country. I think its smart f. e. to drive a taxi because any person will earn more money to live and pay the bills.

I believe ES is very unique and many people come here to find various and useful informations about Egypt.

If someone doesn't like this forum I just can say stay away from it - get a life!

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 11 October 2004).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andy, have you ever actually been to anywhere in Egypt?? I doubt it.
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andy we always claim to be open minded in the West but you have come at everything here with a closed western mind. Don't worry there are millions like you in the West and unless you open your mind and spend some time in a country like Egypt we cannot expect you to understand the things you have critisized so harshly. Are you in any way interested in Egypt and the reasons why these things happen,? are you interested in undertanding a different culture and religion to your own?
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philand teresa
Member # 2726

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for philand teresa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well said Andy. Sometimes we fell alone in this forum as our reason for visiting is to share with others who enjoy visiting Egypt. It is called "Visiting Egypt" not "Advertise your buisness interests in Egypt" or "Sad old woman who have been ripped off in Egypt". To see a forum that works well try Lonely Planet's.
Posts: 119 | From: West Midlands. U.K. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreigngirl
Member # 4054

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreigngirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find this forum entertaining. The foreign women wanting to know about Egyptian men - well, it gets a little old sometimes, but it reminds me a little of a soap opera with an Egyptian twist. I have met friends, though, really nice people, who have written me just because they are friendly and don't want anything in return. I find most Egyptian people to be friendly in general. There are always some apples that spoil the bunch, but that occurs in every nationality,
quote:
Originally posted by Andy:
I have been visiting this site for over a month and I can no longer sit by and be quiet. I am appalled at the majority of Egyptian residents that post on this web site. You are giving potential visitors to your country a very bad impression of Egyptian people. All I see are money grabbers trying to fleece ANYONE who will stand still long enough for them to pick their pockets. Example 1: I was reading Coming to Cairo and want to meet new friends /A majority of posts received were from tour guides offering their friendship for a price. What ever happened to people doing things without expecting anything in return.
And I have to say something about the (young studs) who think any single female coming to Cairo is so desperate for a man she is willing to hook up with a looser like them. GET A REAL JOB! A man would not get off by having to live off of a woman and lying to her in the process. And then you feel the need to visit a web site to brag about it. I find it interesting that all of you are Lawyer's, Doctors, and so well educated. You just happen to drive taxi's and give tours on the side.? Oh... and what about the whining females that post how in love they are with some guy they just met. They all say the same thing " he doesn't want anything from me" we are soooo in love. Give us all a break and get a clue about life and relationships.

Posts: 145 | From: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Foreigngirl - I have also made some good friends through this board. Good people that I have met in Luxor and in Cairo. It is worth ploughing through all the negative posts to get that sort of connection with people.

The "sad old woman" posts as referred to above are merely people that have been hurt and are asking for help and advice, that's all. But there are always 'happier' (and perhaps luckier) people around who do not have the patience nor the feeling to listen. It does not detract from the board because those line are few when compated to the sheer number of postings on this forum.

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prettysmile
Member # 5568

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for prettysmile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree with u of what u r saying ?? they take this impression about egyptian and egypt from the black media they got in their home , which telling themm the untruth about us ,,
Thank u so much Tiger boy for the message u sent to me .
wideyes
also pretty smile

quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
I don't see anything wrong with this board. I feel sometimes like sitting in a big round, talking to other people about different topics (and I nip on the cup of cafe at my computer..... I do it right now ). I enjoy being on here; in fact its one of my fav sites on the Internet.

I really don't understand why each time the issue about the gigolos has to come up. You find them in any country and a smart woman with enough self-confidence and self-love will naturally stay away from them. Anyway these men only make a considered small percentage of the male population in Egypt and you'll find them mostly at the resorts.

Andy, I am not sure if you know too much about Egypt or you ever have been there. Its not uncommon to find people with university degrees driving a taxi or working at hotels etc. because even a job with a university degree brings in only a minimum wage in this country. I think its smart f. e. to drive a taxi because any person will earn more money to live and pay the bills.

I believe ES is very unique and many people come here to find various and useful informations about Egypt.

If someone doesn't like this forum I just can say stay away from it - get a life!

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 11 October 2004).]

Posts: 9 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by prettysmile:
i agree with u of what u r saying ?? they take this impression about egyptian and egypt from the black media they got in their home , which telling themm the untruth about us ,,
Thank u so much Tiger boy for the message u sent to me .
wideyes
also pretty smile

You are more than welcome wideeyes/pretty smile but may I let you know I am also a woman.......

Please do participate in this forum a lot since we never have enough Egyptian females "aboard". Your thoughts and views will be much appreciated.

A big HELLO to Cairo......!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com