EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » ISIS HOTEL LUXOR

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ISIS HOTEL LUXOR
egyptiansue
Member # 5608

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptiansue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone stayed here recently? What is it like, I have heard it has become run down and standards are poor.
Thanks

Posts: 13 | From: Gosport, Hants, UK | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it needs refurbished.
Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philand teresa
Member # 2726

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for philand teresa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. We had a meal at the Italian Restaurant last August. It was acceptable. The decour in the Lobby, Restaurant and Bar were again acceptable. The disco if you can call it that and the Belly dancer were rubbish. We did not get to see the Guest rooms.
Posts: 119 | From: West Midlands. U.K. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptiansue
Member # 5608

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for egyptiansue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the comments. I emailed the manager and he said the hotel was in good order but you never know!!

Posts: 13 | From: Gosport, Hants, UK | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WELSHLADYUK
Member # 5356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WELSHLADYUK   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stayed sometime ago in the Isis and agin 2 years ago and yes my opinon is that it does need some refurbishment on the rooms they do look a little shabby. Pool and the grounds are fab with a splendid view of the Nile, standards of food in restuarant ok but I felt give the 5 stars that it has it could be much better. But I am sure you will have a good stay there, but dont pay over the odds for it cos theres a lot more nicer hotels now springing up in Luxor.
Posts: 203 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WELSHLADYUK:
Stayed sometime ago in the Isis and agin 2 years ago and yes my opinon is that it does need some refurbishment on the rooms they do look a little shabby. Pool and the grounds are fab with a splendid view of the Nile, standards of food in restuarant ok but I felt give the 5 stars that it has it could be much better. But I am sure you will have a good stay there, but dont pay over the odds for it cos theres a lot more nicer hotels now springing up in Luxor.

Welsh Lady said that the rooms were shabby 2 years ago, can you imagine what they are like now.

The hotel usually runs with an average of 15% occupancy (72 rooms per day). Considering that it is the largest Hotel in Luxor means that alot of the rooms are left standing or closed down. However, the occupancy in Luxor has increased over the last period and the Isis Hotel is now running at an average of 37% (177 rooms per day).

Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com