EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » x-mas for muslims?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: x-mas for muslims?
battery
Member # 5947

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for battery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is probably a very stupid question, but do muslims celebrate x-mas? Or what kind of even it is for them?

-stupid-

Posts: 38 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sokarya@hotmail.com
Member # 5853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sokarya@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should have thought it was up to them. Jesus is a "Moslem" prophet, so if they want to celebrate his birthday, I wouldnt see anything wrong with that. That is, assuming he had a literal or physical body.

There is a "Christian" perspective whereby some Christians are of the opinion that he could not have had a normal body since he was able to walk on water, and disappear through walls etc.

Another aspect is that "Jesus" was a physical man, and "Christ" was a spirit which was the essence of God blown into his mother Mary simultaneously coinciding with his conception.

Again another aspect is that Christ is a spirit within us all, and salvation comes about by symbolically crucifying ones corporal nature (dying) and being reborn into the spirit of Christ (within).

Ancients of the Mystery Schools, from which Christianity is thought to derive in some measure believed that the 25th of December was the birthday of Osiris-Dionysus, and the Christians "stole" the date and used it as the birth of Jesus. Of course, belief in Osiris goes back to the time of ancient Egypt.

Apart from religious reasons, in the UK and many parts of the world, this period of the year is a public or state holiday.

Whether one wishes to have a good time and celebratge for the sake of celebration or for religious reasons, its entirely up to the individual, I would have thought. Charlie.

Posts: 431 | From: luxor egypt | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com