EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » HELP with package from Egypt to Germany

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP with package from Egypt to Germany
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everybody, I was wondering if anyone is travelling from Sharm el sheikh or Cairo to NorthWest Germany (DUS, Dortmund, Cologne) in the next few days.
I bought some bowls as a x-mas present and the cost of fedex is $400!!! no dodgy content, only clay bowls. they will be given to you from the manager of the marriott hotel directly!

i would be extremely grateful for any help or advice with this.

msjen

Posts: 661 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shariatolombat
Member # 6072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shariatolombat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you must be out of your mind if you think anyone will accept a package from you or the marriott manager to take on an aeroplane, ceramic bowls or not.
Send them by the egyptian courrier service -EMS - or don't send them at all if you cannot afford a courrier. Cheap.

Posts: 65 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shariatolombat:
you must be out of your mind if you think anyone will accept a package from you or the marriott manager to take on an aeroplane, ceramic bowls or not.
Send them by the egyptian courrier service -EMS - or don't send them at all if you cannot afford a courrier. Cheap.

thank you for your kind reply.

do you have any more details re the EMS courier? that would be helpful. where can i find info about their rates?

Posts: 661 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shariatolombat
Member # 6072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shariatolombat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not at all.
Check with your local post office.
If you're in Cairo , check the ATABA central post office.If not , call from a vodaphone cell phone the "2121" number and they'll help you with EMS details

Posts: 65 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by shariatolombat:
not at all.
Check with your local post office.
If you're in Cairo , check the ATABA central post office.If not , call from a vodaphone cell phone the "2121" number and they'll help you with EMS details

the problem is that i am not in cairo but in germany. how cheap do you thik would it be for 15 kilogramms to be sent to me via EMS (just a rough estimate)

you seem to have dealt with this provider before
many thanks
msjen

shariatolombat
Member # 6072

Rate Member
450 egyptian pounds
But you would need to package it extremely well and allow 10 days for it to reach you.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com