EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Bed and Breakfast on the Nile

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bed and Breakfast on the Nile
thistle
Member # 6024

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for thistle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are coming to Cairo on holiday and looking for a unique place to stay with a fantastic view then check out our website: www.nileview.com
We have opened a traditional bed and breakfast on the Nile!

Posts: 27 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann
Member # 106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ruth
Great initiative, wish you the best of luck!
The pictures on the website are rather small, its not so easy to see what's on offer.
Cheers
Ann

Posts: 316 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning Ruth,

As a Scot in Hurghada I will definitely give you an e-mail when we plan on visiting Cairo.

Very best of luck in your venture, I'm sure you will be a success.

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ruth!! Your idea is very good.... unfortunately your prices are very high for somebody already living in Egypt!! i am coming to Cairo from Hurghada tomorrow for a 3 day break.... I will find a small hotel!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Autobahn
Member # 6098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autobahn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ann:
Hi Ruth
Great initiative, wish you the best of luck!
The pictures on the website are rather small, its not so easy to see what's on offer.
Cheers
Ann

I have to agree. I really couldn't tell what was what. I kept clicking on them to see if I could get a larger view. Otherwise, sounds wonderful.

Posts: 229 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DJKeefy™:
Member # 5954

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DJKeefy™:   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK Ive Checked The Website Out And Now You Can Click On The Small Thumbnails To Get A Big Photo, The Only problem Is That The Pics Are About 2592*1944, Which Is Way Too Big, (Hey Small Now Too Big .) Think About People On A 56k Modem They Probably After Wait 10 Mins Just To see 1 Photo, You Need To Reduce The Photo To About 640*480, Thats Big Enough, And It Will Speed The Website Up.
www.djkeefy.com

Posts: 137 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Autobahn
Member # 6098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autobahn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll have another look then.
Posts: 229 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WELSHLADYUK
Member # 5356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WELSHLADYUK   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woww 250LE per night seems a VERY expensive ?......my entire flat only costs 900LE a month, you can stay at 5 star hotels with pool and all facilities for less than this. Are you sure that you have posted the correct 'per person' price here.
Posts: 203 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
uttt
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thistle
Member # 6024

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for thistle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy New Year,
Thanks for the feedback!!!! The piccies are now working, the price included pickup, drop off at the airport, we have altered the price on the website...........so far it`s going well..........come and stay and enjoy the views!!!!!!!
Ruth

Posts: 27 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chami
Member # 6572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chami     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
looks tiny,hardly 5 star, but wish you luck
Posts: 32 | From: england | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now the pictures are WAY too big. Can't get them on the screen. You might want to use Microsoft Photo editor and reduce the size and the pixels in them so they load faster and you can see them when they do load. And please, get rid of the music. (IMHO)
Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thistle
Member # 6024

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for thistle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the feedback......we are going to change the size of the piccies, my partner likes the music so it may stay........when are you coming to visit Debbie, I would like your advice on a couple of things re the bed and breakfast!
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by thistle:
Thanks for the feedback......we are going to change the size of the piccies, my partner likes the music so it may stay........when are you coming to visit Debbie, I would like your advice on a couple of things re the bed and breakfast!

Get other peoples reaction to the music and by other people, I mean westerners or YOUR CUSTOMER BASE. Egyptians tend to like that, but is your customer base Egyptian? This is sort of like what happened to me last night on the phone. I called Seif Pharmacy for a home delivery. They put me on hold and their hold music was that TOTAL CRAP mechanical music playing something stupid like Yankee Doodle Dandy or something equally as bad. I held for as long as a minute when I decided I could NO LONGER tolerate that music, so I hung up and called a different pharmacy. Now, with ON HOLD or websites, the point of music is to entertain and keep your audience with you, correct? If it annoys them enough to hang up or sign off, it's defeated its purpose.... right? I'm not saying take my word on this...about your music being annoying, but what I am saying is you should poll your target audience and see what they say... don't just listen to your partner because he happens to "like it".

Sorry, couldn't stop in last time I was down that way. Will try to next time. You are the same as SOLUTIONS, right? If so I have your number.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mody, this might help.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Poly
Member # 6851

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Poly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by thistle:
If you are coming to Cairo on holiday and looking for a unique place to stay with a fantastic view then check out our website: www.nileview.com
We have opened a traditional bed and breakfast on the Nile!

My boyfriend is a Scot, will send him the website noo to check.. hopefully will come to Cairo this year for holidays, I am sure he would love to know that there are other Scots around and we don't kill tourists.. cheers..

Posts: 95 | From: Italy | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry I couldn't take the music either. So I didn't go past the first screen.

One thing to remember is that people browsing are often doing this at work. They do not want music to alert the boss that they are investigating their next holidya when they should be doing work.

Also make your email addresses clickable.

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bed & Breakfast on the Nile, sounds like
a dream.

Posts: 1706 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
[B]I am sorry I couldn't take the music either. So I didn't go past the first screen.

B]

I don't have my speakers installed so I can't comment on this. But I also missed any contact information.

I must say the price is fair (about 37 Euros per O/N) for any tourist visiting Cairo.

Like to know whats up on your breakfast table?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com