EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Best Place to Stay in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best Place to Stay in Egypt
latinagurl007
Member # 6273

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for latinagurl007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend and I are visiting Egypt in October or November (We have never been)It will be an adventure for teh both of us-dates are not set yet but he wants to tour and see the Pyramids. If anyone can Help with any suggestions it will be more then appreciated. I want to stay in Conrad Cairo but who knows all is not set in stone.

Thanks,
Dora

Posts: 1 | From: Dallas,Tx,US | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sokarya_686@hotmail.com
Member # 6138

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sokarya_686@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It depends what you want to do and how long you have and how much you want to spend.

If in Cairo you have the Pyramids, Spinxe and the Cairo museum and you could see the city of the dead where people actually live in the tombs etc. and there are lots of things to do and see.

Luxor is the place if you want the valley of Kings, Queens, museums, Luxor and Karnak temple and lots of other temples as well.

If you want a seaside resort, then there is Hurghada, but not much to see in the way of history, although it is excellent for diving in the Red sea reefs.

Luxor is also good for horse riding, faluka sailboat outings, Nile Cruises up to Aswan, bicycle rides in the country, balloon trips, river launch trips, rides in horse drawn carriages. There are also lots of budget hotels for those who are travellers rather than tourists.

Tony Blair regularly takes holidays in Sharm el Sheik, but it is very expensive there, more for a relaxing holiday.

Charlie

Posts: 707 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sokarya_686@hotmail.com:
Tony Blair regularly takes holidays in Sharm el Sheik, but it is very expensive there, more for a relaxing holiday.

Charlie

It's not expensive for Tony but that's another story

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL @ Penny.

Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sokarya_686@hotmail.com
Member # 6138

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sokarya_686@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Penny, Tony has announced to the BBC, Parliament, and the world, that he does in fact pay for these expensive holidays in Sharm out of his own pocket. Well, we believe that like a nuclear bomb factory in Iraq. Dont we? Charlie.
Posts: 707 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sokarya_686@hotmail.com:
Hello Penny, Tony has announced to the BBC, Parliament, and the world, that he does in fact pay for these expensive holidays in Sharm out of his own pocket. Well, we believe that like a nuclear bomb factory in Iraq. Dont we? Charlie.

Exactly!

Actally am not sure he could afford to stay where he does let alone exclusive use of dive boats etc etc.

The word in Sharm is Mubarak has given him exclusive use of this place whenever he wants it.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpion
Member # 5004

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Dora,if you are looking for decent hotels.i can reccomend MADDI towers in Cairo and the Mecure Luxor(this one is right on the Nile).I was lucky to get a room overlooking the Nile,the sunrise and sunsets are not to be missed .Both Cairo and Luxor have so much to see and do.
I found the best way to get around in Cairo is to use the Hotels tour guides,true they are more expensive than if you took a taxi,but they take you right to the places of interest,and also to some marvelous restuarants .
Luxor on the other hand,take taxis,the roads are quieter,though do haggle with the drivers(that is half the fun ).
a trip to Karnak Temple will cost between 25-35 egyptain pounds(£2.50-£3.50)round trip+entrance fee.
Also a trip in a Felluca is a must,sailing down the Nile at sunset(dont forget the camera).
I hope you have a great time,im sure you will..xx

Posts: 22 | From: southend uk | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptourguide
Member # 5233

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptourguide   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
see lovely picks and information about the most lovely places in Egypt and choice the places you want to visit,your name in hieroglyphic letters,under water museum,list of Egyptian webs
in http://soha.egypt.tripod.com

Posts: 167 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DonnaAS
Member # 5166

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DonnaAS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can recommend the Sofitel Le Sphinx in Cairo. My sister and I came to Egypt for the first time last October and we can't wait to come back. The Sofitel was really clean, excellent service and really good food - couldn't tell you how much it cost as it was part of our package (had a weeks cruise on the nile) That I would also strongly recommend, chillin and sight seeing - really nice.
Don't forget to go and touch the pyramids! - sounds daft I know but we stood and took so many photos, we never actually touched it and all everybody has asked is 'did u go in the pyramids?' !!! If you can, see Abu Simbel it's absolutely totally breath-taking. Try to see it. Whateva u do -Enjoy!

Posts: 25 | From: Durham, England | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thistle
Member # 6024

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for thistle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Dora,
Check out our website at www.nileview.com if you need help planning your holiday, need a car and guide at very reasonable prices then contact us.
Ruth

Posts: 27 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com