EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » lantern restaurant luxor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: lantern restaurant luxor
stellalocal
Member # 4064

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stellalocal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone me again well now that we are not there anymore i can recomend that you all try the Lantern Restaurant at the bottom of st.Joseph Hotel street it is owned br a very nice english lady and her egyptian husband and thier little daughter Sara she is a little jem.They offer a good selection of english and egyptian foods and international stuff as well if your orders do tend to take a while it is because everything is cooked fresh and because they are new to the business out here so please bear with them and allow them the time to prepare your meal perfect.Like ourselves debbie cooks all the food herself so you can guarantee it will be good and all fresh and the kitchen is spotlessly clean and very hygenic i have been and looked around and inspected their kitchens for her.
Snobs restaurant claim to be the best but penny the owners wife cant cook never has cooked and wont cook so it is all left to her husband so just be careful that you dont get served old food or contaminated food as we did when they gave us tomoto soup that was off once if you dont believe what i say then go to the furniture shop on el medina and ask paul and paul to tell you the truth.

Posts: 99 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the watcher
Member # 6720

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the watcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why on earth would Penny want to cook when her husband is probably the best chef in Luxor. He is after all a professional chef who has been employed by the Saudi Royal Family rather than an amateur. I find this slur campaign against Snobs to be cheap and vindictive and I can only imagine that it is motivated by jealousy. I am sure that there will be other people who will find it distasteful too. I don't believe that you were given food poisoning from tomato soup in Snobs. You can't even spell tomato. And whilst I'm on that subject - have you ever heard of punctuation?
Posts: 11 | From: England | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the watcher, i dont think you will get a reply as stellalocal's IP has been zapped, or so charlie has said on another thread, and he can no longer get access here

[This message has been edited by Ayisha (edited 20 February 2005).]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moll
Member # 921

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for moll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the watcher:
[B] I find this slur campaign against Snobs to be cheap and vindictive and I can only imagine that it is motivated by jealousy. I am sure that there will be other people who will find it distasteful too. [B]

I do too....I've sat here and watched this person spread rumours and innuendo and probably downright lies about people in Luxor, from who's had an abortion to who's ****ing who, to who's been beaten up, who owes money to who, who's a prostitute, who's a thief, and God knows what else.

And then he comes on and expects people to give his posts any credibility, not only that but he accused me of reading his posts LOOOOOOOOOOOL

Anyway I've had meals in both the Lantern and Snobs, I enjoyed them both.

Posts: 561 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com