EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » distance from Taba to Petra

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: distance from Taba to Petra
em
Member # 6701

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for em     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can anyone tell me how far Petra is from Taba and if it is worth a visit. Im off to Taba in a few weeks.
Posts: 2 | From: HULL, UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Em,

From Taba it is fairly easy to go to Petra.

You cross into Israel at the Border. You are met at the other side with your coach, driven to the Jordanian border, where you pay for your visa. Met by your Jordanian tour guide and then driven to Petra.

We went there on a day trip and it is well worth it. A word of caution though, it is okay walking down, but get a carriage for the return uphill. It is a long trek.

We loved Taba, nothing to do but relax and snorkel, dive etc. There are plenty of other trips on offer should you wish. By the way, you can actually walk through the border and do shopping Eilat in the tax free mall there. Another day well worth it.

Let me know how you get on.

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com