EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » My trip to Egypt.. need advice

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My trip to Egypt.. need advice
egyptmarch
Member # 6824

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for egyptmarch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I'm an American and I will be in Egypt in either mid-March or the 1st of April. I was told to get a guide to meet me at the airport to get me through customs and get my visa. I was wondering if anyone can suggest such a person or a reputable tour company I can contact to get someone to meet us ? Or do you think my hotel can provide this service?

Thanks
Louise

My email address is mytriptoegypt@yahoo.com

Posts: 1 | From: Southwest USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't need a guide.. everybody on the plane will need a visa.. tha airport staff will direct you!! they see thousands of tourists a week!!! and you can easily get a taxi to the hotel...no problem!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like Samia says, you don't HAVE to do this. If you've traveled abroad before and feel comfortable getting your visa, going through Immigration and Customs by yourself, no one is going to force you to have a Meet and Assist person help you.

BUT... loads of people either 1) are not comfortable doing that alone or 2)like to walk the Princess Line and get shuffled through faster and without having to deal with the hassle factor.

Hotels (5* anyway) offer this usually... but from past experience, I can say they aren't always reliable. I offer this service if you are interested in contacting me. Email me at Dds71@aol.com. I'll tell you the information I need and the costs via email to see if you think you want it or not.
www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptourguide
Member # 5233

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptourguide   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
may be you do n ot need aguide for visa but may be you need a guide for the rest of your tour
Posts: 167 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHY??????
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
WHY??????

Why what?

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com