EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » best hangout place for teens

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: best hangout place for teens
Aj-07
Member # 6914

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aj-07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anybody know the best places to hand out in cairo, places like cinema soccer clubs and so on
Posts: 18 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemonspice
Member # 5667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemonspice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
check out
http://www.yallabina.com/

Some places u might enjoy:
-Cafes serving shishas(they're endless!), such as, Gelataria Roma,there are many on Gameat el dowal street in mohandiseen, Safari,Nile City Boat and Blue Nile Boat.
-Latex in Nile Hilton
-Jazz Up in Nile Hilton
-Cairo Jazz Club in Mohandiseen,midan sphinx
(www.cairojazzclub.com)
-www.cairodining.com
-El Sakia in zamalek(www.culturewheel.com)
They have non-stop events,concerts,etc.
Ask for Campus magazine and Gmag in any 'On the Run' in Shell Petrol stations, or Cilantro Cafes, or AUC bookstore,2 mags that u will find useful here. G'luck!

Posts: 604 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aj-07
Member # 6914

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aj-07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey thanks you''ve been a good help, man im really starting to like eygpt people you guys are so friendly.
Posts: 18 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lemonspice:

-Cafes serving shishas(they're endless!),

You're suggesting a teen starts to smoke shishas???? Do you know that one shisha is equivalent to about 18 cigarettes? And contains hundreds of carcinogens? It really worries me to see so many people smoking those things and makes me wonder how the health services will cope with all those smokers in the years to come.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

You are right. You can hangout at the malls and go see a movie.

Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After I wrote that comment that I was quoting, I admit, based on hearsay, I decided to do a check to see whether it could be verified. I didn’t find any scientific studies that have been done specifically on shisha smoking to support what I said, but this one done in 2004 does indicate that it appears to be harmful: http://tc.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/13/4/327 and it concluded:

“This integrative review paper suggests that perceptions regarding health effects and traditional values may facilitate waterpipe use among women and children. Waterpipe smoke contains harmful constituents and there is preliminary evidence linking waterpipe smoking to a variety of life threatening conditions, including cancer, pulmonary disease, coronary heart disease, and pregnancy related complications. More scientific documentation and careful analysis is required before the spread of waterpipe use and its health effects can be understood, and the necessary empirically guided treatment and public policy strategies can be implemented.”

I also found this on a site selling shishas (http://www.hookahcompany.com/terms.htm):

Surgeon General Warning
Smoking shisha tobacco is not a safe alternative to smoking cigarettes. Shisha tobacco can cause lung cancer and heart disease. Shisha smoking can cause cancers of the mouth and throat, even if you do not inhale. Shisha smoking increases the risk of infertility, stillbirth and low birth weight.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aj-07
Member # 6914

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
After I wrote that comment that I was quoting, I admit, based on hearsay, I decided to do a check to see whether it could be verified. I didn’t find any scientific studies that have been done specifically on shisha smoking to support what I said, but this one done in 2004 does indicate that it appears to be harmful: http://tc.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/13/4/327 and it concluded:

“This integrative review paper suggests that perceptions regarding health effects and traditional values may facilitate waterpipe use among women and children. Waterpipe smoke contains harmful constituents and there is preliminary evidence linking waterpipe smoking to a variety of life threatening conditions, including cancer, pulmonary disease, coronary heart disease, and pregnancy related complications. More scientific documentation and careful analysis is required before the spread of waterpipe use and its health effects can be understood, and the necessary empirically guided treatment and public policy strategies can be implemented.”

I also found this on a site selling shishas (http://www.hookahcompany.com/terms.htm):

Surgeon General Warning
Smoking shisha tobacco is not a safe alternative to smoking cigarettes. Shisha tobacco can cause lung cancer and heart disease. Shisha smoking can cause cancers of the mouth and throat, even if you do not inhale. Shisha smoking increases the risk of infertility, stillbirth and low birth weight.

hey thanks man im gonna stay away from that stuff when i come there.

newcomer
Member # 1056

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com