EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » JUST WANT BASIC INFORMATION ABOUT CAIRO

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: JUST WANT BASIC INFORMATION ABOUT CAIRO
JYREETA
Member # 6739

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JYREETA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI EVERYONE!!I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT THERE IS TO DO IN CAIRO,AS FAR AS THE CLUB SCENEAND NIGHT LIFE,ETC.WHAT SHOULD I BRING WITH ME FROM THE U.S.THAT I CAN'T GET THERE?IS IT CHEAPER TO BUY BEAUTY PRODUCTS,AND FEMININE PRODUCTS HERE OR IN CAIRO?WHAT SHOULD I BE PREPARED FOR IS REALLY WHAT I WANT TO KNOW.I DON'T WANT TO GET ALL THE WAY IN ANOTHER COUNTRY AND THINK TO MYSELF,"OH I SHOULDA BROUGHT THIS OR I SHOULDA BROUGHT THAT!!!"THANKS FOR ANYONES INPUT.
Posts: 30 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemonspice
Member # 5667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemonspice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi jyreeta. Bring all ur stuff with ya! The cheap stuff that u can find here is the tissue and the ..soap perhaps!? Otherwise everything else is way too expensive, especially the tampons!! I saw them in uae, and they were triple price here. Make up is overpriced, no variety, forget shopping for 'beauty products'in cairo. The term doesn't exist. You'll be better off getting ur stuff from wherever u are-shops bring it from there too!! Besides toiletries,don't risk it.
Posts: 604 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TravelerLady
Member # 6389

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TravelerLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who said so??? In Cairo u mean?? Indeed, Cairo is the cheapest and has Hell of varieties and nothing is overpriced except for top American brands.
But there are lots of Cheap stupp china made a hair dryer 30EGP for a 6 month usage
Shoes are all over too.
Email me if u have more questions at
travelerlady@hotmail.com

Posts: 25 | From: IT | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JYREETA
Member # 6739

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JYREETA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI LADIES THANKS FOR THE INFO.AND I WILL BE EMAILING YOU SOON.TAMPONS COST MORE THAN IN THE U.S.????????????WHOA.I PAY LIKE $6 FOR THEM HERE.I WOULD HATE TO PAY TOO MUCH MORE THAN THAT?ANY WAY I GUESS EVERYONES EXPERIENCE ON TRAVELING IS DIFFERENT.IT SEEMS LIKE YOU BOTH HAVE TWO TOTALLY FIFFERENT THINGS TO SAY.I WILL TAKE BOTH OF YOUR OPINIONS TO HEART.SO HOW DO WOMEN DRESS THERE?I KNOOOOOOWWWWWW THEY DRESS WAY MORE DIFFERENT THAN AMERICAN WOMEN.
Posts: 30 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How women dress in Cairo depends alot on what religion they are. Its safe for you to wear t shirts and jeans just dont wear anything too tight. Basically out of respect you should wear modest clothing, nothing too revealing. People will show you much more respect this way and you wont have the hassle of unwanted comments from a few guys. Though i never had any problem with that at all but then i never dressed in a revealing way at all, i was shown nothing but respect.

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annie_81
Member # 4149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for annie_81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello! Im a canadian living in Cairo. OF course Cairo is very very cheap except for imported food, toileterie, electronics. DO bring all your favourite cream, conditioner, St-Yves products, tampons, even the shaving cream is really expensive. If you have favourite brands, bring them cause if you find them in Cairo they will be MUCH overpriced.
Posts: 370 | From: Montreal, Canada + World expat | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JYREETA
Member # 6739

Rate Member
HEY THANKS EVERYONE.I WILL MAKE SURE TO GET STUFF I LIKE AND NEED BEFORE I GO.AT FIRST I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT EVERYTHING IN CAIRO WAS CHEAPER THAN HERE.I'M GLAD YOU LET ME KNOW.I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THERE
learnarabic
Member # 6918

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for learnarabic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JYREETA,
Welcome to Egypt!

Well!

I will allow myself not to agree with some here.

"AT FIRST I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT EVERYTHING IN CAIRO WAS CHEAPER THAN HERE"

You are right!

Ok...
It depends on what you want.
For example, American imported food costs "same" .. check for "metro market" stores for example.

Like TravelerLady said: Top brands are top priced everywhere! ordinary things and services are cheaper...way cheaper.

Check these Egyptian online stores for real
facts:
http://www.otlob.com/ http://www.shopategypt.com/ http://www.etamima.com/

Have a great and nice trip!

Regards!
Mohamad

Posts: 24 | From: Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JYREETA
Member # 6739

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for JYREETA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THANKS ALOT MOHAMED.I HEARD THAT PROCUCTS,AND CLOTHES AND JEWELRY ETC...
WAS CHEAPER IN EGYPT.I DIDNT KNOW THE STORES HAD AMERICAN FOOD PRODUCTS.NOT THAT IT MATTERS TOO MUCH,BECAUSE I WONT EAT TOO MUCH AMERICAN FOOD THERE.I HARDLY EAT AMERICAN FOOD IN AMERICA!ANYWAY THINKS FOR THE WEBSITE I WILL CHECK IT OUT

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JYREETA - I am curious why you are coming to live in Egypt if you've never been here. Wouldn't it be wise to come for a visit ONCE before making such a decision? People either love Egypt or hate it. I would recommend you come on holiday at least ONCE to see what you are getting yourself in for.

Good luck though.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JYREETA
Member # 6739

Rate Member
WELL,DEBBIE,I NEVER SAID I WAS MOVING TO EGYPT.I AM VISITING.I WOULD NEVER DROP MY LIFE AS I KNOW IT TO MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY.I DON'T RECALL IN ANY OF MY ADDS ON HERE SAYING THAT IM MOVING TO EGYPT.BUT I WILL BE THERE A WHILE.MAYBE A MONTH.HOWEVER,IF I DO LIKE IT,WHO KNOWS?MAYBE I WILL MOVE THERE FOR A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME.6 MONTHS MAYBE?I DONT KNOW?I DONT HOLD THE CARDS.GOD DOES.I DONT KNOW WHAT HE HAS PLANNED FOR ME,BUT FOR NOW ITS JUST A VISIT
lemonspice
Member # 5667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemonspice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi jyreeta! Would u be interested in meeting up once you're in egypt? We could go shopping around cairo, or clubbing..?!
email me if you like the idea- perryspearl@yahoo.com

Posts: 604 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JYREETA
Member # 6739

Rate Member
HEY LEMONSPICE!I WOULD LOVE TO MEET UP AND GO OUT,ONCE I GET TO EGYPT!THAT WOULD BE FUN.I WILL EMIAL YOU AND KEEP IN TOUCH AND LET YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHEN I WILL BE THERE,CONTACT NUMBERS AND EVERYTHING.SEE YOU SOON!
jentel_joker
Member # 7165

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for jentel_joker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi dear :

Wellcome to Egypt.Im ready to host you at my home without anything.I would like to have a friends from the other countries.You can mail me if u need any kind of help at :
jentel_joker@hotmail.com

Good Luck & Best Regards
Amro Hassan

Posts: 15 | From: Egypt | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemonspice
Member # 5667

Rate Member
Hi jyreeta! Hope to hear from u soon!
JYREETA
Member # 6739

Rate Member
HEY LEMON SPICE HOW ARE YOU?I ADDED YOU TO MY HI5 LIST.TALK TO YOU SOON
spam_me
Member # 7297

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for spam_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi

How much does it cost to rent a car? How much does the cheapest hostel/hotel cost?

Posts: 1 | From: south ocean | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemonspice
Member # 5667

Rate Member
You gotta check out www.hostelz.com, they list ALL hostels in egypt& everywhere else!
Great site. http://www.hostelz.com/view.php/Egypt__Cairo_Hostels

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com