EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Apartment Naama Bay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Apartment Naama Bay
colin5
Member # 7090

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for colin5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

i have decided to take a break and spend 2 months in Naama Bay. A working holiday, i will be taking my laptop and will be building some websites.
I have been looking around the net for apartments for 2 months between April-June, 1 person, male. My main requirements are: cooking facilities, top floor apartment, and a good open sunny balcony.

All i can find is Delta Sharm, i called them and they gave ma a quote of 3,500le (460 Euro) per month for a 1 bedroom apartment, not including electric/hot water.

Is this a reasonable price? Does anyone know of anything else that may be available for this time period?

Thanks in advance
colin

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by colin5:
Hello,

i have decided to take a break and spend 2 months in Naama Bay. A working holiday, i will be taking my laptop and will be building some websites.
I have been looking around the net for apartments for 2 months between April-June, 1 person, male. My main requirements are: cooking facilities, top floor apartment, and a good open sunny balcony.

All i can find is Delta Sharm, i called them and they gave ma a quote of 3,500le (460 Euro) per month for a 1 bedroom apartment, not including electric/hot water.

Is this a reasonable price? Does anyone know of anything else that may be available for this time period?

Thanks in advance
colin

Delta is a beautiful place and actually the price they gave you is not bad at all considering when i stayed i had to pay 450 for 2 weeks and then i paid about 900 for a month,, this is us dollars... so 460 euro sounds good.

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are going to insist on being near Na'aama Bay I bet that is the best you can do. Maybe you could do better if you decided to come in July and August instead, but then you'd NOT want a top floor apt.

Strike out and live on the hattaba or somewhere else in Sharm, rent a car and see if you can't find something cheaper.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sharmer
Member # 5738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi colin,

i think i can afford u something with lesser price..in delta..e-mail me to see if can do something..cheers

sharmer@ehotelier.com

Posts: 18 | From: sharm | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just spent a month at Delta for 3000 LE, no meals included. An additional reserve (or what do you call it) of appr. 1000 LE is expected, they will deduct water& electricity after, in our case 200 LE for 2 grown-ups but maybe it was not so het yet so we were easy on A/C , mostly only used one for the evening and night.

And I found too that D. is good for that price, you get all the pools, the room delivery from any supermarket or restaurant on the territory, multitude of internet shops with cheap calling all over the world, a bank (but no ATM)... rooms are cleaned, gas for cooking, matches, towels and napkins provided (and flowers if you happen be beautiful what more can a working person wish?? I also used the month to do some work on my laptop and it was a heaven. Also, the territory, or rather all villas are guarded by security, so in the end I did not bother any more to close the door to the terrace or try stuff the lappie into old shoe box when going out, the security guy was literally looking into the room anyway (we were on the upper floor, though).

They even desinfect against flies etc, each evening, a horrible smoke but seems to work, not so many flies (but some and no the smaller biting ones whatever they are called cant recall right now.

There should be a similar place in Naama Center, if maybe newer and even nicer (more expensive?) but I only briefly saw it and did not mark, and N. is certainly more noisy.

Price may vary month-to month but from what I heard May should be much more quiet, so try get it down to 3000, and don't bother with included meals, you can get them delivered to you whenever want anyway.

It can be noisy around the pools, but still difficult to find an apartment there, but you can try ask for something looking out at a fountain, these tend to be nice villas with small beautiful gardens with small pool sand fountains in between. E.g. no-s. 146-150 or the ones between these and the sales office are the most central, closest to the gates and the pools but at the same time there is a huge beautiful area in the middle, with no cars or traffic passing if you get to that side. We were streetside but up, and was OK too.

But there are people there who own their apartments and also rent (thinking e.g. of the sharmer up here). You should also get a pass for pool for no extra fee, they ask for it at the pool, and ask about the costs of water & el & the cleaning then etc. Gas is 15LE whole balloon with delivery so that is not a problem .

[This message has been edited by nevermind (edited 15 April 2005).]

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohamed ghandour
Member # 7683

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mohamed ghandour   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have a flat at delta sharm 96 m 2 bedrooms fully furnitued for 3500/month

[This message has been edited by mohamed ghandour (edited 19 May 2005).]

Posts: 8 | From: egypt | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohamed galal
Member # 7751

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mohamed galal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi I have an apartment in Namma Bay for 3000 le per month. Please contact me on 0127979840. Thanks
quote:
Hello,

Thanks in advance
colin

Posts: 38 | From: egypt | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohamed galal
Member # 7751

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mohamed galal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi I have ap[artment in Namma Bay cheaper than Delta! Please contact me (0044)0127979840.
quote:
Hello,

Thanks in advance
colin

Posts: 38 | From: egypt | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sorsor
Member # 7639

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sorsor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can you take me with u plz colin 5 ,and i will do the cooking :-)
Posts: 429 | From: jeddah ,saudi arabia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com