EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Media City

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Media City
AylaLake
Member # 6269

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AylaLake   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am booked into the Movenpick Hotel, Media City. Can anyone tell me what the hotel is like, and where it is situated in relation to places such as the Cairo Museum.

Is there any transport into Cairo from the vicinity of this hotel?

Posts: 12 | From: Swindon, UK | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jentel_joker
Member # 7165

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for jentel_joker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi dear :

Wellcome to Egypt.Im ready to host you at my home without anything.I would like to have a friends from the other countries.You can mail me if u need any kind of help at :
jentel_joker@hotmail.com

Good Luck & Best Regards
Amro Hassan

Posts: 15 | From: Egypt | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EFLVirgo
Member # 6264

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for EFLVirgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 372 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AylaLake
Member # 6269

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AylaLake   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jentel-joker - thank you for your offer (which I notice you make to all new posters!!!). All I want is some information to my question above... that's the way you can help me.
Thank you

[This message has been edited by AylaLake (edited 04 April 2005).]

Posts: 12 | From: Swindon, UK | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jentel_joker
Member # 7165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jentel_joker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi AylaLake :
Im sorry.I cant understand your question well.Please explain maybe i can help you.

Good Luck & Have a nice time

Posts: 15 | From: Egypt | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tombsman
Member # 2841

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tombsman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
Moevinpeck media city, is a new hotel (just lanuched 4 years ago), it is located on the edge of the media production city (holywood of the east) on the main road of cairo-6 october city. there r bus and micro bus lines on that road. nearby attractions r: media production city (including magic land theme park and dolphins show), Dream park theme park) 2 cinemas, golf courses of dream land, dream land hilton, dream land mall, hyper one mall, fast food and ordinary restaurants of 6 october and giza (15 min), pyramids platue (15 min by car). Cairo and Giza attraction 30 min by car.
for more info u can email me at: tombsman@hotmail.com

Posts: 48 | From: 6 october, giza, egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AylaLake:
I am booked into the Movenpick Hotel, Media City. Can anyone tell me what the hotel is like, and where it is situated in relation to places such as the Cairo Museum.

Is there any transport into Cairo from the vicinity of this hotel?

WHY ARE YOU WAY OUT THERE? CHEAP DEAL?
Man oh man....I even discourage people from staying at the hotels around the pyramids, or the JW Marriott, but you are much further out of town. The guy above that indicated you were only 15-30 minutes from town is talking about from the EDGE of town. It takes another 30 minutes from there to get into town (to the museum for example) on a normal day. You will spend everything you saved on hotel costs at that place on transport to/from Cairo. Taxis will want a fortune to take you there, IF you can even get one to go that far out of town. If you can change hotels DO, and do it now. The hotels in that area are strictly for business as there is a big industrial city just beyond that area. Otherwise I hope you are on a tour that is providing bus transport to all the sights for you.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this is just a bad deal IMHO.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tombsman:
Cairo and Giza attraction 30 min by car.

Tombsman - I'll let you pick the car of your dreams to drive... and you better pick the fastest one you know, and I'll bet you $100 you can't get to the Cairo museum in 30 minutes from that hotel any time of the day except in the middle of the night or on Friday morning. NO WAY!

You can come in on the ring road to the Cornishe, you can follow it around to the autostrad, you can come in through Lebanon Square,....I don't care....it isn't going to happen that fast. I absolutely believe you won't make it in 30 minutes. And how much longer will it take some taxi driver that wants to detour through the pyramids area to visit a Carpet School, Papayrus Factory, or Perfume Store? Hmmmm?

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 15 April 2005).]

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tombsman
Member # 2841

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tombsman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in case u didn't notice Debbie, there's a new road next to Dream land that is connected directly to the ring road, so any car can be in Mohandessen in 15 minutes, and through 26th of July corridor and then zamalek or cornich you can be at the Egyptian museum in another 15 minutes. to go to maadi u can take the same new road(15 minutes) and then cairo-Alex desert road (10 minutes) then Sakkara road (5 minutes), and then using the other part of the ring road u r in maadi (10 minutes).
And u can also check their web site: http://www.moevenpick-hotels.com/hotels/HKCAMYY/

[This message has been edited by tombsman (edited 16 April 2005).]

Posts: 48 | From: 6 october, giza, egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tombsman:
.... and through 26th of July corridor and then zamalek or cornich you can be at the Egyptian museum in another 15 minutes.

Mish Mumpkin. It's a lousy place to be stuck if you want to tour around Cairo.

And even if you could get to the Museum in 30 minutes, what do you think a taxi will cost a tourist of this type to go to/from town from that hotel? LE100? Whatever you save on the room will be spent on taxi or transport even if you leave the hotel only once a day. The only way around this is to be on a tour with all transport provided.

tombsman
Member # 2841

Rate Member
I agree with Debbie on the point of transportation...the package must include full transportation.

Chenni81
Member # 7358

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Chenni81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It may be quite a way from the centre but it is a great hotel, I stayed there last April and was very happy.
Posts: 17 | From: Málaga, Spain | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com