EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » How to apply for visa extension?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How to apply for visa extension?
walesoje1
Member # 7245

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for walesoje1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a 3 months tourists visa to Egypt valid for only one week and I saw various messages that my visa can be extended for one year so please advise how I will go about the visa extension.
Posts: 12 | From: lagos, nigeria | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hi,

Go to the Mogamah which is at the Tahrir sq, first floor they will extend your visa.

Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walesoje1
Member # 7245

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for walesoje1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by karim:

Hi,

Go to the Mogamah which is at the Tahrir sq, first floor they will extend your visa.

Karim,

Thanks for your advice. Please give me the address of this office in full with the city and state. Also, advise how long the visa renewal process will take and the documents I need to submit for the visa extension. If this office has a website please advise their website.

Posts: 12 | From: lagos, nigeria | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemonspice
Member # 5667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemonspice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The name of the place is 'mogam'a el tahrir', and it is located in midan el tahrir, or tahrir square-very big round white buliding. On the second floor,u can get your visa extended for 1 yr. You need ur passport,2 photos(there's a mini-studio downstairs in case of emergency), and around 40 pounds(for 3 months its 11pounds), and you'll get it done in less than half an hour! They will give u a form to fill in,then take ur passport for 15min,photocopy visa page,etc, you pay the fees, wait a bit, and then u take it ur passport with the visa stamp in it. Make sure u go before 2pm. 10 or 11 am is a good time there. G'luck.
Posts: 604 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemonspice
Member # 5667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemonspice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The city ofcourse is good ol' Cairo! We dont have states i guess..
Posts: 604 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walesoje1
Member # 7245

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by lemonspice:
The city ofcourse is good ol' Cairo! We dont have states i guess..

Lomonspice, thanks for your message. Do I have to go with any confirmation from any tourist agency or do I just go there alone on my own? Also, advise how much a nice single apartment cost in Cairo and let me also know if I can get a good job in Cairo?

Thanks once again.

rivergod
Member # 7082

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rivergod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i will in the same boat as walesoje1 in sept i understand all the visa business and how to go about extending it a year at a time but what about when your passport comes up to expiry.my husband and myself are ok we still have about 8 years left on our passport but the kids only have about 3 1/2 years left.would we have to come back to uk to get them renewed or is there a way it can be done from egypt.if it has to be done from uk what happens if you have no address.
Posts: 71 | From: hurghada | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rivergod:
i will in the same boat as walesoje1 in sept i understand all the visa business and how to go about extending it a year at a time but what about when your passport comes up to expiry.my husband and myself are ok we still have about 8 years left on our passport but the kids only have about 3 1/2 years left.would we have to come back to uk to get them renewed or is there a way it can be done from egypt.if it has to be done from uk what happens if you have no address.

You go to the British Embassy in Cairo, any British Embassy can issue a passport http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1062157947999

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walesoje1
Member # 7245

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:

You go to the British Embassy in Cairo, any British Embassy can issue a passport http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMark et/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1062157947999

thanks for your message. Do I have to go with any confirmation from any tourist agency or do I just go there alone on my own? Also, advise how much a nice single apartment cost in Cairo and let me also know if I can get a good job in Cairo?

Thanks once again.

lemonspice
Member # 5667

Rate Member
No,you don't need to go for a confirmation from any travel agency(whoever told u this?! ) You simply go on your own, or with a friend that can help. Many tourists go on their own,it's actually quite easy!
A small apartment in cairo can cost from 1000-5000 egyptian pounds,although it's fairly easy to find one for 2000&3000, that's furnished well. Summer comin now, things change a bit ofcourse, so you better hurry. As for jobs, there are many around,u have to know where to look. I've a few good websites you can check. Why don't you email me better, perhaps I can help more. perryspearl@yahoo.com

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com