EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » What is Zalot?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is Zalot?
BratDawg
Member # 7252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BratDawg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. New to the forums. I've met some egyptians online and they keep telling me about zalot but not what it is. When I search for it I come up with belly dancing - don't think that's what they're talking about.

Thanks.

Posts: 8 | From: NM, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valerie
Member # 6806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valerie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you think you may have wrong spelling....It might be....zealot....which means a fanatical and uncompromising follower of religion or policy
Posts: 290 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BratDawg
Member # 7252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BratDawg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was my first thought, but I think he was talking about some kind of bread. At least his buddy said it was bread. He warned me I wouldn't find it in google if I stood on my hair.

One of the frustrating things I've come across is that online translation resources seem to only come back with arabic script. However, the people I'm meeting are using the combination of western letters and numbers to communicate - compensating for the software and keyboard. Is there a site that will translate english and this form of the arab language?

Thanks.

Posts: 8 | From: NM, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saladinwannabe
Member # 7234

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saladinwannabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
asalamo 3alykom,

I tend to think of "zaloot" as an imaginary kind of food, the kind of food which looks strange or unknown . A hilarious way nothing more but it might be also a real kind of food of which I have no knowlege about.

[This message has been edited by Saladinwannabe (edited 11 April 2005).]

Posts: 19 | From: Egypt | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wiggum
Member # 7129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wiggum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

If you give me context, I may be able to help

An example sentence of what your online friens say will be fine.

Here are some possible interpretations:

Zalloot stark naked

Zallat Stone

Zaaloot or Zaalook tramp

it really would help to have it in context

[This message has been edited by wiggum (edited 12 April 2005).]

Posts: 78 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com