EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » VISA RENEWAL INFORMATION

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VISA RENEWAL INFORMATION
walesoje1
Member # 7245

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for walesoje1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was told in this forum that my visa can be extended by a year in Egypt but there is something I forgot to ask and that is the type of visa that will be issued for me. Will it be a single entry or multiple entry visa?

Please advise.

Posts: 12 | From: lagos, nigeria | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Single entry. Multiple requires you to apply again.
Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walesoje1
Member # 7245

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for walesoje1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Semsema:
Single entry. Multiple requires you to apply again.

Semsema,

I don't understand what you are saying. Single entry allows you to enter into Egypt once while multiple allows you more than once.

Please advise what you meant.

Regards.

Posts: 12 | From: lagos, nigeria | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I should have been clearer.

When you get a 1 year extension it is not a multiple entry visa. If you intend flying back and forth you have to get your visa stamped to say it is multiple entry. That way you don't have to keep paying the visa charge at the airport.

Hope this makes sense, I know what I mean!

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you go to extend the first time, you will probably only get a 3 month extension.
After this, you can get a one-year multiple entry visa.. just make it clear at the desk that you want multi-entry!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemonspice
Member # 5667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemonspice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can also get a 6 month visa if you're going first time. It's better than than the 3month one. It's the very same process- but at least u can relax about it! And afterwards, you can always apply for the one-year.
Posts: 604 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
walesoje1 - It is pretty simple. You will go to the government building where visas are extended or given out (in Cairo, that is the Mughamma Building in Tahrir Sq. - up one flight from the ground floor), and they will ask you how long you want to extend it for. If you speak English and can understand the question, the answer is FOR ONE YEAR. One year is the longest they will extend it for. After you are all finished with the extension there is another window to go to, to buy your multiple entry stamp. Here you will be asked how many multiple entries you think you want (and your options are posted on the wall near the window for you to see). They sell the multiple entry in periods of 6 months with x-amount of returns available (for example - 3) If you do not expect to travel for the first 6 months of your stay, don't get your multiple entry stamp now....wait until you are ready to travel and go add it to your passport then. It costs more, and again the time of travel and reentry is limited so you don't want to buy it too soon. Alternatively, if you will be leaving soon and requiring a reentry, get it now.

I hope that is clear.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com