EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Ferry from Azwan to Luxor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ferry from Azwan to Luxor
stevie_irish
Member # 7403

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for stevie_irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I am planning a summer trip to Egypt this year and was wondering if such a thing as a 1 day ferry from Azwan to Luxor exists? All that I have seen are 2-3 day cruises which is not what we want.

We are planning on flying to Cairo and getting the over night train (sleeper) to Azwan. We could get off in Luxor but it stops there at 5 am. The stop in Azwan is at 8.30. So the plan is to see a bit of Azwan and make our way back up to Luxor that day.Is this possible?

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Stevie

Posts: 2 | From: Ireland | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are no one day cruise unfortunately.

You could get to Aswan and return to Luxor by train.

Alternatively get off at 5am, the sites open at 6 am and frankly you wouldn't want to start seeing them later in the day in summer, 6am is perfect. Then go onto Aswan on the same ticket.

But it seems a shame to spend such a short time in Luxor when if you did 3 days of sightseeing you will have only scratched the surface.

I organise tours in the area and would be glad to help if you want, check my profile for details of the website and email me.

Have a lovely holiday

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stevie_irish
Member # 7403

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stevie_irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
There are no one day cruise unfortunately.

You could get to Aswan and return to Luxor by train.

Alternatively get off at 5am, the sites open at 6 am and frankly you wouldn't want to start seeing them later in the day in summer, 6am is perfect. Then go onto Aswan on the same ticket.

But it seems a shame to spend such a short time in Luxor when if you did 3 days of sightseeing you will have only scratched the surface.

I organise tours in the area and would be glad to help if you want, check my profile for details of the website and email me.

Have a lovely holiday

Thats great. Thanks for the fast reply.
Would there be somewhere in the train station (Luxor) to leave baggage if we were to arrive into Luxor at 5 in the morning? Or would hotels be willing to accept our baggage at that hour? I know in Ireland that they would not.

We are planning on spending some time in Loxor. Tha only real reason we were going as far as Azwan was so that we wouldnt be stuck in Luxor for a few hours.

Posts: 2 | From: Ireland | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most hotels will accept luggage and keep it in the luggage room until you can check in. In my flats I let my guests check in straight away.
Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mara
Member # 2693

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mara   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Stevie_irish,
I'm from Ireland also.....you sound like you are in a bit of a panic not to waste any time and get in as much as you can! I can understand the feeling....it's a long way to come!

Just wondering why you are flying into Cairo since you are coming during the summer...Budget Travel are resuming their flights to Egypt starting 18 May right through to Sept. You can get flight only seat for around 300 to 350 euro flying Dublin to Luxor..thereby saving yourself about 200 euro and at least two hours flying time as they are flying direct. Luxor is the centre point of Egypt so a good place to base yourself.
If you want to email me at ewmara@hotmail.com and tell me your priorities for your trip to egypt I would be happy to help you find the best value and make the most of your travelling time. The way you seem to be planning it at the moment is a bit gruelling!

Posts: 29 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kkkaaa
Member # 7146

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kkkaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do u have a website for thia speacail airline of yours?

please

[This message has been edited by kkkaaa (edited 26 April 2005).]

Posts: 350 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mara
Member # 2693

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mara   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry! should have thought of that! www.budgettravel.ie
Posts: 29 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com