EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Flight duration from US to Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Flight duration from US to Egypt
Gail
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
akshar - Can you tell me how long the flight is from the US to Egypt?
Posts: 332 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You didn't mention where you were in the US but this article should help you
http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/time2.htm

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gail
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in Pennsylvania and would be departing from NY. Thanks for the article. I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it to visit Egypt for a week during December of this year or wait until next summer. I will do both if finances permit.
Posts: 332 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gail:
I'm in Pennsylvania and would be departing from NY. Thanks for the article. I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it to visit Egypt for a week during December of this year or wait until next summer. I will do both if finances permit.

Your flight to new york will be about 3 hours or so, then from new york to cairo is an average of 12 hours give or take a half hour, i have made this trip many times and will do so again on may 8th

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PRchick
Member # 4794

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for PRchick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the direct flight on EgyptAir from New York to Cairo, which is often not available and is the only direct flight from the U.S. to Egypt. If you take Northwest through Amsterdam or other points, your total time will be longer due to lay overs, some quite lengthy, but more comfortable. The Amsterdam layover is often 8 hours.
Posts: 225 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I checked with a flight consolidator and no layover in Europe for some reason. But this was off-season flights. Pennsylvania to New York is unusally long for the distance. But PRchick is right a layover in Amsterdam is 7-8 hours. But a layover in Frankfort is 3-4 and London is only 2 hours.

I plan to stick with off-season flights and avoid Europe. But the differnce is only a matter of 4-5 hours subtraction. More time stuck in an airplane.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just looked up the flight time for Phily International to New York International is a good hour for a non-stop flight.

Gail, check out British Airways at www.britishairways.com, they do have specials. And why not spending some time in good ol' England before arriving in Egypt?

F. e. BA offers flight with return from NYC - LHR - CAI on 10/11 May 2005 for 1.133,00 US-$.

Good luck for your move!

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 26 April 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadya
Member # 7341

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It takes about 14 hours to fly from Houston to Cairo. We usually have a 50 minute layover in Frankfurt....flying Lufthansa.

All things considered, this is not a bad flight, just a long one.

Posts: 52 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PRchick:
That's the direct flight on EgyptAir from New York to Cairo, which is often not available and is the only direct flight from the U.S. to Egypt. If you take Northwest through Amsterdam or other points, your total time will be longer due to lay overs, some quite lengthy, but more comfortable. The Amsterdam layover is often 8 hours.

Yes I was thinking of egypt air, the last trip i made was through air france, that was an hour and half trip to atlanta then another 2 hours to new york then a 8 hour flight to paris a 4 hour layover (which i was grateful for because the planes were late by more than an hour) then from there about 4 and half hours to cairo... always try to get about 3 hours between your flights when traveling internationaly, i learned this by watching several other people miss flights because the planes ran more than an hour late and their connections were scheduled at 2 hours..the average cost i have found is about 1300 but if you really search you can find better, it depends on the time of year

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gail
Member # 6886

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Gail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! I love this forum. As you can see, I'm planning ahead. This will be a big trip for me. I'm hoping to spend a few weeks - if not longer - in Egypt. Thank you to everyone who responded to my inquiry. I will most likely drive to NY to take a flight from there. I'm a little concerned about layovers and connecting flights since I'm not exactly a world traveler. The last thing I want to do is screw it up. I think a direct flight - although lengthy - will be the best option for me. Thanks again... you have all been so helpful. Maybe I'll be able to meet some of you in Egypt!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com