EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » New topic to attack lmao

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New topic to attack lmao
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is one for ya all to get all in an uproar about....
What is it with men, not really just egyptian men but men in general that makes them think it is ok for them to lie and do hashish and to sleep with other women and think the women that love them will forgive them but if a woman is truthful with them always and doesnt do drugs and only visits with a male friends the men will leave them and not forgive them... and heaven forbid the women do the same as what they did and actually sleep with other men and smoke hashish too,,, lmao what is with the double standard???? Oh and also the order of the woman must change everything about herself to suit him but he will change nothing because he is "the man"
ok have fun with this one

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it goes back to our prehistoric past when men wanted to make sure any children they were raising with their "wives" were their own whilst at the same time making sure that their own genes got spread far and wide.

This primative urge still drives men today and makes for these double standards.

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also because man was the hunter and brought back the meat the women had to be nice to him or they didn't get any.
Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because men are the weak sex. They require constant ego-brushing to be able to survive at all. Any situation where they would need to change something about themselves would signal to them that they must be imperfect in some way, and this knowledge is unbearable for their ego.

Also, they lack the capacity of facing real life when it is imperfect (=problems appear) because they lack capacity of solving problems and only know to flee from them, physically or with help of different more or less liquid substances. Leaves me baffled why they should be so deficiently created but one suggestion is because they were the first and trial creation. Women, as we are told, were created after, and must then be an upgraded model already, where the experiences with the first one are duly accounted for.

Women then do not have the illusion of being perfect per se, the world almost never lets us conveniently believe it. Consequently, we are used to life-long striving towards perfection or being better, and of course then also do become more perfect and happy with ourselves ideed, all the time. We can, consequently, survive changing a small habit for the sake of our beloved weak being, just to make him happy, because we love him be happy .

(May be a western view on things).
Love!!!

[This message has been edited by nevermind (edited 29 April 2005).]

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
Also because man was the hunter and brought back the meat the women had to be nice to him or they didn't get any.

Newer anthropological studies show different. Because these earlier studies were done by men who also studied or even boasted eugenics, their findings were biased.

Now in this modern age, both men and women are anthropolgists and many athropolgy degrees undergrad and post-grad require women studies courses in their circulumn. Thus giving a new outlook and scientific criteria is improved by this.

Can anyone imagine hippy stoners as anthropologists, dissing the 'old boy's club establishment?" Yup.

Studies produced over the last decade show that women and children were segregated and this was the only informal settlement of human capacity. Men and young bucks wouldn't produce housing or even organize into communities. Women and children had produced tools, agricultural techniques, food storage systems, earliest irrigation systems, medicine practices and religious observances.

Men just basically were entertainment and sperm donors. Its proven that women would often go with 'assimilated' males on hunting expositions. Men who wanted to be a part of the formal women and children community produced skills that were unique and often wouldn't spread his seed to far. Shamans that had very elaborate burials were often women. Shamans with less noteworthy or celebrated graves were men.

Burials of pre-historic women were done with formality and in a sense of communal passage rites. Men of advanced age, their remains are usually far more tragic and uncermonial. Thus why male remains are often on front-page covers of magazines and journals. Its more exciting to see a corpe that holds a sad demise. Female's didn't have the same chances of dying in such a state.

Possibly this is why National Geographic skips publishing modern anthropological studies, insteads choses to heavily edit whatever it prints to fit the mold of what they want their loyal readers to learn. A good book to describe this intellectual fall-out phenomenom: "Daggers and Veils" by Linda Steet. She mocks much of the National Geographic sentiment and reverses 'Orientalism' in a manner that Edward Said didn't have the chitzpah to do. Linda Steet's book made me cringe.

Popular folklore of pre-historic humans are not exactly being reversed by popular publication. And current politicians have been starving universities and scientific organizations from funding and freedom for their publications in order to reinstill the 'old boy's club' system of scientific research.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahahahahah,lol
OMG,...akshar,i really liked the exmple ofthe middle ages,the Man is the HUNTER and the woman...the silly victim waiting his generosity in the cave,till he brings the meat!Goshhhh,hahahaah!
Thats too primitive truth,some man are really still believe on this rediculous things!
Thx God not all are same,no matter that many are still that stupid,and full of complexes,they really afraid of smart woman,career woman too,its so bad to hear the truth in your eyes huh,haha!
i didnt got about the hasish part,coz non of my friends or companies i know dont use them,but still most of the young does!
But here mostly the teenagers do....and unfortunately about the cheating,its unpleasant fact,the most man really think that everything is allowed to them,but we as women have to be calm,nice,sweet,always in good mood,and never making troubles,and if we are not always in good mood,OMG,what a trouble!!!
Nevermind...i begin to agree with u,they say that we are the weak sex,but are we...lets see the reality!When the facts speak,everything else lost meaning!
In many hard moments the woman show that she is more brave,and i dont mean the muscular mass,i mean smth much more important!
But still i prefer to let the man thing we are the weak sex,in the same time u still make whatever u like....and u always win more,in any sense!

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's just a lack of morals
Posts: 1706 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nevermind:
[B]Because men are the weak sex. They require constant ego-brushing to be able to survive at all. Any situation where they would need to change something about themselves would signal to them that they must be imperfect in some way, and this knowledge is unbearable for their ego.
. Leaves me baffled why they should be so deficiently created but one suggestion is because they were the first and trial creation. Women, as we are told, were created after, and must then be an upgraded model already, where the experiences with the first one are duly accounted for

LMAOO!!! I so love this hahahaha it suddenly reminded me that my boyfriend once in a while jokingly tells me that women are inferior and he is superior I should show him this

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Women are not the weaker sex - at least not in my case. When I met my husband he was like well, baby, if we marry only 90% to 10% in meaning of he would have power and control over almost everything. At first I tried to negociate but stopped and so we got married. Look at us now its 90% to 10% but for me - and its just fine with him. Who's the boss????? Have a great weekend everyone!

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 29 April 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com