EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » LOVE EGYPT... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: LOVE EGYPT...
lauriejohnston
Member # 7481

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for lauriejohnston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GUYS,
I want to congratulate all egyptians on having such a cool great nice and beautiful country..I've back home from my trip to few countries in your region I first went to Lebanon,Syria,and it wasn't too bad.
Then finally I stepped into the most overwhelming place I have ever been to EGYPT..YOU EGYPTIANS ROCK ROCK ROCK..I LOVED EGYPT ..am a Canadian..I only saw Egypt before in discovery channel and few other programms but to see it for real...that's what took my breath away as well as my family..my little josh cried on the night of leaving Egypt and I promised we're back next year for sure...now I gotta save for that... )
You guys have the incredible Nile..Luxor Aaswan..shorm sheik..Hurgada...all that together in one country ..all that beside the incredible monuments ...pyramids..Sphinx
I took some photographs and some videos but thats nothing like being actually there seeing all that charm in one place..

I have to finally add that Egyptians are so warm welcoming..natural..funny..they smile a lot and always say Hi ..and never hesitate to ask if we need help or directions..
LOVE YOU EGYPT...WILL BE BACK SOON
XOXOXOXO

Posts: 50 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi laurie how are you? i'm glad you loved egypt! its always great to hear that people enjoyed their time here. i hope next time you manage to visit alexandria and siwa, they are also great! where are you from?

best

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looooooooooove Egypt and its people too, they are very hospitable and friendly. I felt always very safe and welcomed. I fell in love with the country, its nature, weather, history and decided to stay much longer than I originally planned for. I am very grateful to have been able to spend some time of my life in beautiful Egypt..........

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 02 May 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lauriejohnston:
[B]GUYS,
I want to congratulate all egyptians on having such a cool great nice and beautiful countryLOVE YOU EGYPT...WILL BE BACK SOON

Laurie,

Good to hear you have enjoyed our country.
You are most welcome in Egypt at any time.

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by kkkaaa:
[B]well i bet ur a lady, arent you...

KA,
It is not a nice thing to be always cynical as you seem to be regarding western women.

There are very nice western ladies as well bad.

I understand you are affected by the stories you hear and read, but what is said often the exagerated ones.
I know plenty of western women who are very happily married and settled in Egypt for many years.

Some of them regret leaving Egypt.

The schutzbach family is a Swiss who worked for some Egyptian elite families and left almost 20 years ago.
I met the mother and the father who told me that they have never felt happy since they got back ( this is Zurich they got back to..! )
But for their sickness, they would have been back living in their beloved Egypt.

I also know a few Germen wives to Egyptian men, who are very happily living in Egypt.
Many of them have converted to Islam as well.

When I am 40 or 50, I will go to Turkey or Tunisia for a holiday and fall in love with a 21 years old waiter, have fun with him, then when I get back home, I will complain and moan about how horrible this waiter was !

My time is coming..

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kkkaaa:
well i bet ur a lady, arent you...

Ya Kkakka.. I'm a lady and I love Egypt..... No.. not the men and their big brown eyes and their big dings or whatever you think!!
I love the fact that the sun shines every day, that I can feel safe walking around the street any time of night or day...
That I am a muslim and I am reminded by the adhan what times to pray...
That the 'disposable' mentality of most of the Western worls hasn't caught up yet!!
That I can sit in a coffee shop with a friend and watch the world go by, without any hassle or pressure from anybody!
That I can dive in the Red Sea every day AND GET PAID FOR IT!!
As I'm old, ugly and British, I'm prime target for most gigolos in Hurghada, but I can live very happily here without one, thank you!!!
Most of these reasons( with the possible exception of the last one!!) can be valid for either gender.... so..... Kkkkkaaakka... get over it!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lauriejohnston
Member # 7481

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for lauriejohnston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kkkkaaaa....

Get a life! or stop posting ...
I went to Egypt with MY FAMILY..MY HUSBAND AND MY LITTLE JUSH and we all enjoyed it very much
so did my husband who thought of them as friendly before I did...where are you from anyways??

Posts: 50 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear OP, do not get upset with member kkkaaa. He is sitting all his day on his computer and writing lame jokes (in his own words) besides collecting government money instead of going to work. Besides that he would really love to be a girl and if so he would take the next plane out to Egypt to enjoy himself and fall for the charms of the native guys..........
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boogy
Member # 7480

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boogy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where are you from kkkaaa, you seem so violent lol ! Still childish ?
quote:
im a guy not a girl

Posts: 62 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KKakka.. Who rattled your cage today??? PLEASE stop being so offensive to people.. what is your problem???
You really need to think before you write!!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lauriejohnston
Member # 7481

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lauriejohnston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to what I've originally started..
here's a list of the countries I went to..
Cuba(Twice),Jamaica,Barbados,Dominican Republic,Bahamas-Hawaii-Florida-California/USA

And yet,Egypt...>>I fell in love with you.

kokokoas
Member # 7412

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for kokokoas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So lauri..
so happy about ur post and i'd like to offer you a tour drive in Hurghada for free..with my own car..
if you are a man or a woman..such a person like you should be preciated that he could see Egypt with eyes of a nice tourist who saw alot of egypt
For kkaaaa... i wanna say may be you were not treatet good from our man but i tell you...
i have also a bazaar and i meet daily a lot of tourists..many are men and many others are ladies..
sure we treat ladies more gentle and nicer way but do you treat women in your country samelike man??????women in allover the world must be treated in a better way and with beautiful words...could you say a lot of sweet words for a man,,,do you like to call you sweety or i call you beautiful eye?
it is nature and it seems good for women to be treated in a spicial way...
if you are treated in a bad way in Egypt it could be cause how you treated peoble..our people always mirror for you..
please change in your self and see..i hope you think about it and don't take this in a bad way
last welcome to be back to Egypt and hope you will try to be treated better

Posts: 36 | From: Cairo | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kokokoas
Member # 7412

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for kokokoas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh..sorry lauri....my mobile is 0020121546975 will be happy to do you a nice tour in hurghada,,and i promise,,it is totally a pice of egyptian hospitality...
Posts: 36 | From: Cairo | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kokokoas:
So lauri..
sure we treat ladies more gentle and nicer way but do you treat women in your country samelike man??????women in allover the world must be treated in a better way and with beautiful words...could you say a lot of sweet words for a man,,,do you like to call you sweety or i call you beautiful eye?
it is nature and it seems good for women to be treated in a spicial way...

Annoying, annoying........ slimy that's the way I describe of you dealing with foreign female tourists. And only you know that you would never be able to tell this to a woman from your own country. Shop people in tourist areas are the worst they even try to flirt with a foreign gal when her boyfriend/husband is next to her!

I never liked the way when I got treated like that, very unrespectful, my boyfriend/husband can tell me sweet words and ONLY he. Everything else is blank rubbish......... but I am sure many women still fall for it because they are not used to the way many Egyptian guys speak.

I prefer shop owners/staff who are friendly, welcoming, ready to help or advise, everything in a respectful manner.

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 04 May 2005).]

kokokoas
Member # 7412

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for kokokoas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just wanna say you have totally wrong idea about our eg ladies..the problem is you still reading books of 19 century..or for whom just like to show egypt that way
sory but we treat our ladies not another now thy go alone to beach and sportclubs..and they hearalways nice words from strangers and that is so allright,,you have to see this for example in kairo..heloples sport club f exm...

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
KKakka.. Who rattled your cage today??? PLEASE stop being so offensive to people.. what is your problem???
You really need to think before you write!!!!

Rabies shot wore off again....

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lauriejohnston
Member # 7481

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for lauriejohnston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really would like to know why the topic I've started here which is mostly evolving around the charm of Egypt...has taken unexpectedly another sharp turn to Egyptian men and foreign women ....

ain't that topic specifically worth discussing or do intruders have all the power to turn your eyes away from any positive thoughts about Egypt...I might be a foreigner..but that doesn't mean am stupid,right?
and honestly I feel a bit offended for ignoring how I feel about Egypt.
thnx Salama for your kind words...kokokaes
thnx for your offer but I like walking tours rather than car tours...personal preferences what ca you say...??

chao all,
Laurie

Vi
Member # 7515

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Vi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Laurie,

Don't mind for all the deviations from your opened thread.
You know, people love chatting and this message board is a chance for many to speak up their minds or even to make fun.I noticed that Mr.triple KA really loves teasing people but he is not a bad guy.I actually find him very funny and I'm trying to imagine his devilish smile when he manages to piss someone off(and I think he's face is a permanently smiley one)
I agree that there are some things here that shouldn't be, but we have the option of simply never replying those people and thus they will exclude themselves.
So smile and think that Egypt is as you have seen it: charming, welcoming, misterious, open, old, modern and it's worth being visited any time you've got the chance.
When thinking of Egypt, it always comes into my mind a saying (which actually refers to Italy) "Vedi Napoli e poi mori" which can be translated either by "See Naples and then you can die(a kind of it's worth living just for seeing Napoli) or "See Naples and then Mori" (Mori being a small place in Naples' proximity).
I would paraphrase it and say "See Egypt once and you'll live for seeing it over and over again".

Posts: 15 | From: St.John's, Newfoundland,Canada | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laurie, this is a free forum, meaning that topics here revolve around questions that are most interesting to participants. "Oh i luvvvve Egypt" is not particulary interesting and it does not make you special in any way, since 8 million tourists visit Egypt each year and you can estimate yourself how many of them share your feelings exactly. That a laurie johnston loved egypt, too, is no big deal, though we are happy for you of course. Don't know i find this kind of superficial praise cheap, but a lot of people like it, of course

i would not comment except that I hate innocent people falling for that kind of cheap talk (they will fall to anyone's sweet nonmeaning talk then) because this was all bla-bla you wrote to us, laurie, right?, probably with the aim of basking in universal thankfulness.
Your real character reveals itself from this fast efficient snap-back (you must be well trained) to our beloved kkkaaa, a live and flowing person who also happens to be a promoter of earnest discussion here on this board, almost like my female favourite sonomod is, plus has real deep interest for Egypt.

So, YOUR personal love to Egypt perhaps is really not worth discussing, while WHAT you love about Egypt may even be (if there's anything interesting in what you noticed).

I happen to hate people who are only superficially "oh-so-kind and polite" but privately, it seems, they detest all people who do not demonstrate automatic love to their gorgeous persons. You can see it from the way they behave with other people.

quote:
Originally posted by lauriejohnston:
kkkkaaaa....
Get a life! or stop posting ...

[This message has been edited by nevermind (edited 06 May 2005).]

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, France gets appr. 70-80 million tourists per year now, their population being around 60 million.

Egypt has some great perspective here..

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lauriejohnston
Member # 7481

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lauriejohnston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...nevermind.........

the only right thing you wrote here is your silly nickname which means no one should ever mind about the crap you're posting..

that issue wasn't originated to be discussed with people like yourself who just post for the heck of it ...who asked you what you think of me or my love of Egypt anyways, who asked how many tourists do france or italy get every year...
what are you the board statistics man ???

I truley find your cheap meaningless words have only one reason ...is to piss off the foreign woman and get her to tell you stuff like G.F.Y....RIGHT?
but am not gonna fall for your manipulative stupid jerk ways and you know what I think you are lying when saying that you're in Egypt or you're even an Egyptian...because as I said before ...am not that silly english speaking ....who are waiting for your gratitude for what I said...that was my thought about Egypt and I don't care what you think
CAUSE WHAT SOMEONE LIKE YOU THINK IS ..WORTHLESS TO ME..

I truley feel sorry for sick people like you you should seek help ASAP...don't let yourself be eaten by your anger like that..cause it's pathetic..and repulsive

BTW I think kkakka is the same person as nevermind ...or else they are twin freagin brothers...sisters...friends...a mix...holly cow I don't know what your gender is....
doesn't show

[This message has been edited by lauriejohnston (edited 06 May 2005).]

lauriejohnston
Member # 7481

Rate Member
Oh ..Gushhhhhhhhh...

I just read nevermind's post again..and you know what...never in my life have seen that type of pathetic ,anti-social ,attention seeker and dellusional type of personnality

too bad things may go that far for a person...but you never know what made her/him/?? like that...!!?
go to France neva ..have some rest..and try to get da trash off your mind..then come back and post with the flowing kkakka promoter of the earnest disccusion .

wanna thank you cause you made my day laughing at your trashy post............

nevermind
Member # 6674

[This message has been edited by nevermind (edited 10 May 2005).]

nevermind
Member # 6674

lauriejohnston
Member # 7481

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for lauriejohnston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

going back to the main topic...

I love Egypt,yes I do and really would like to come back soon...
I understand if other nationalities here will feel jeolous because countries they came from...mmmm...better not to mention..

Guys I invite any envious person who trashes on Egypt ...to go there and get himself some healing and feel happy for people who enjoys the beauty of that country..and then he goes back to his country..he can live on her/his memories in Egypt..

Egypt..I looooove you
xoxoxoxoxoxo

lauriejohnston
Member # 7481

Rate Member
kkakka..

don't mean to be rude....but I didn't get ONE SINGLE WORD from your telegrammic unique English language...I can send you some links and books names that will help you start getting familiar with English language..I really want to understand what's you're typing here...

if that was a compliment ..thnx dear

lauriejohnston
Member # 7481

Rate Member
No Hon..what you wanted from the start will not happen. this thread will not expire
and you know what it's you who will expire soon..and all envious people like yourself.

EGYPT! I LOOOOVE YOU

By the way proper English is :Stupidity
I can still provide you with some links on "ABC- start learning English today from home."

lauriejohnston
Member # 7481

Rate Member
quote:
im a guy not a girl

Yeah ????????

and who cares?

lauriejohnston
Member # 7481

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Dear OP, do not get upset with member kkkaaa. He is sitting all his day on his computer and writing lame jokes (in his own words) besides collecting government money instead of going to work. Besides that he would really love to be a girl and if so he would take the next plane out to Egypt to enjoy himself and fall for the charms of the native guys..........

Yup that's what I thought too...
may be when he/she/?? learns English that will help finding a Job

lauriejohnston
Member # 7481

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for lauriejohnston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nevermind:
I was just trying get lovely laurie reveal us her real character and how she treats other people

You're not other people neva...you're just one of those desperate ......
However if you think you did them a favour by being rude and ignorant...then you only helped revealing who you are ..

foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I really would like to know why the topic I've started here which is mostly evolving around the charm of Egypt...has taken unexpectedly another sharp turn to Egyptian men and foreign women ....

ain't that topic specifically worth discussing or do intruders have all the power to turn your eyes away from any positive thoughts about Egypt...I might be a foreigner..but that doesn't mean am stupid,right?
and honestly I feel a bit offended for ignoring how I feel about Egypt.
thnx Salama for your kind words...kokokaes
thnx for your offer but I like walking tours rather than car tours...personal preferences what ca you say...??

chao all,
Laurie

Hi Laurie, You will see this happening a lot. Most topics nowdays are changed totally from the original subject. Stick around a while and you will learn a lot about some of our "posters" here.
We have all kinds of ppl here many with very different beliefs. EX: Nevermind is a female from Estonia that has a very "off the wall" way of thinking. It's amazing, really. There are some really nice, respectful ppl here and of course the dis-respectful as well. I am truely happy you enjoyed and loved your visit to Egypt. Yes, the Egyptian ppl I know are wonderful...

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lauriejohnston
Member # 7481

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by sin-dee:
Hi Laurie, You will see this happening a lot. Most topics nowdays are changed totally from the original subject. Stick around a while and you will learn a lot about some of our "posters" here.
We have all kinds of ppl here many with very different beliefs. EX: Nevermind is a female from Estonia that has a very "off the wall" way of thinking. It's amazing, really. There are some really nice, respectful ppl here and of course the dis-respectful as well. I am truely happy you enjoyed and loved your visit to Egypt. Yes, the Egyptian ppl I know are wonderful...

Thanks Sin-dee dear,Yeah I noticed the disrespectful ones ..their job here is to rush and kill any decent topics.Yet they didn't succeed this time.they got too exposed and I know exactly what kind of topics would interest someone like nevermind..btw where is Estonia on the map???...never heard of it before is it like Ethiopia and Eriteria..!!
Just out of curiosity...don't plan to go there ..if that's how they treat people on chat boards ..what if they see them for real....UUGHHHHHH ...freaky stuff!!

so Sin-dee do you or anyone here have some nice pics of shorm as well as Hurgada elsheikh I was looking for some besides the ones I took to show to my friends here..

thnx again dear

lauriejohnston
Member # 7481

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for lauriejohnston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

lauriejohnston
Member # 7481

Rate Member

salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Laurie,

Ignore all that **** and those shitties ..!

We love you for loving our country. You will be always welcome in Egypt.

nevermind
Member # 6674

nevermind
Member # 6674

Maybe somebody try turn back this thread to real love of Egypt?? because it is a nice topic essentially, and before we/I frighten alway all potential lovers of Egypt that would be real bad sabotage indeed and nothing I intended.

And thanks, Sin-dee. Because what would be the point of us all saying the same thing then nodding for the rest of the thread? It's learning about different opinions and beliefs that extend one's horizon, right?

[This message has been edited by nevermind (edited 07 May 2005).]

foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Maybe somebody try turn back this thread to real love of Egypt?? because it is a nice topic essentially, and before we/I frighten alway all potential lovers of Egypt that would be real bad sabotage indeed and nothing I intended.

And thanks, Sin-dee. Because what would be the point of us all saying the same thing then nodding for the rest of the thread? It's learning about different opinions and beliefs that extend one's horizon, right?

[This message has been edited by nevermind (edited 07 May 2005).]

Yes Nevermind. If everyone agreed with the next person there would not be a forum and life would be rather boring...

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MAN, CAN YOU FEEL THE LOVE IN THIS ROOM!
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lauriejohnston
Member # 7481

Rate Member
quote:
No problem, laurie, we only want nice people. And it is NOT how WE treat PEOPLE, it is how I treat idiots.

You want "nice people" for dinner,something like "nice people ribs" or so ??
heard that a lot of cultures are still "cannibals".
and others eat "Monkey's heads" But I bet that's not your culture because you're still alive...

lauriejohnston
Member # 7481

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for lauriejohnston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by salama:
Laurie,

Ignore all that **** and those shitties ..!

We love you for loving our country. You will be always welcome in Egypt.

Thnx a million dearest Salama...I love Egypt that's very true. and I only enjoy laughing at those two losers...I heard a nice saying once that states "life is a big Psychiatric Hospital.."...but who could ever have known two of it's most wanted are on the loose on chat forums..

nevermind
Member # 6674

quote:

You want "nice people" for dinner,something like "nice people ribs" or so ??
heard that a lot of cultures are still "cannibals".

Ha! Good point, laurie, thanks!!! I was just trying to open a thread for discussing which is actually a greater harm - to kill human beings for gourmet enjoyment of their I would suppose rather delicate meat, or, to kill them just for pleasure or passion and let meat go all wasted on streets and roads???

[This message has been edited by nevermind (edited 08 May 2005).]

antivillain
Member # 5359

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antivillain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
big dings?
i've never heard that rumor before. sweet talk, maybe....

[This message has been edited by antivillain (edited 09 May 2005).]

Posts: 31 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antivillain
Member # 5359

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antivillain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you advertised your canadianness, they would have probably thought you were an american!

ever since 9-11, americans have been advised to put canadian flag patches on their backpacks and luggage and never tell anyone you are an american when travelling abroad. i swear if i see another canadian jansport backpack im going to steal it and toss it in a river!

Posts: 31 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
US Army and AirForce servicemembers wear their uniforms on the streets here in Germany, they are respected, neither their families get harrassed while shopping or having lunch in a restaurant. Americans don't have anything to worry, actually they are great customers. Guess some countries are more tolerant even if they don't agree with all US homeland security policies. No need to get personal.......

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 09 May 2005).]

mydream
Member # 4638

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for mydream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes back to the original topic and the "intelligent" replies only!

We love Egypt too!
We have always felt safe, welcomed by many people we have had the good fortune to meet.

The warmth of the country is overwhelming - it travels deep to the soul of those people who love Egypt, to us it is paradise.
However we can not expect the Egyptians to understand how we feel about the country as they have not lived in the stressed, greedy, crime ridden west - loosing the secret to live within ones limitations
Conversely we are seeing thru' western eyes and do not live the day to day life of the poor
When in Egypt we feel happiness consists not in having many things but in needing few.
We have stayed with an Egyptian family, been invited to a wedding and welcomed into many homes.
Yes they are curious about us but we too are curious about them and their way of life.
We have also learnt so much about the country, customs, travel tips from this forum. To all those people who have posted intelligent, interesting topics and replies I say a big THANK YOU!
There are the prats around who think they can sweet talk the women. Some women are genuinely fooled into "relationships", others are quite happy to have one night stands - as an English women and yes I understand we all have choices - I feel sad that women are happy with quantity as opposed to being selective and share the intimate moments with quality.
We can't wait to be back in the winter months - it will be our 6th visit - it quite simply is a love affaire with the country that will never end - that's guaranteed!

Posts: 97 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by antivillain:
if you advertised your canadianness, they would have probably thought you were an american!

ever since 9-11, americans have been advised to put canadian flag patches on their backpacks and luggage and never tell anyone you are an american when travelling abroad. i swear if i see another canadian jansport backpack im going to steal it and toss it in a river!

lovely~

Posts: 1706 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lauriejohnston
Member # 7481

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by mydream:

We love Egypt too!
We have always felt safe, welcomed by many people we have had the good fortune to meet.

The warmth of the country is overwhelming - it travels deep to the soul of those people who love Egypt, to us it is paradise.
However we can not expect the Egyptians to understand how we feel about the country as they have not lived in the stressed, greedy, crime ridden west - loosing the secret to live within ones limitations
Conversely we are seeing thru' western eyes and do not live the day to day life of the poor
When in Egypt we feel happiness consists not in having many things but in needing few.
We have stayed with an Egyptian family, been invited to a wedding and welcomed into many homes.
Yes they are curious about us but we too are curious about them and their way of life.
We have also learnt so much about the country, customs, travel tips from this forum. To all those people who have posted intelligent, interesting topics and replies I say a big THANK YOU!
There are the prats around who think they can sweet talk the women. Some women are genuinely fooled into "relationships", others are quite happy to have one night stands - as an English women and yes I understand we all have choices - I feel sad that women are happy with quantity as opposed to being selective and share the intimate moments with quality.
We can't wait to be back in the winter months - it will be our 6th visit - it quite simply is a love affaire with the country that will never end - that's guaranteed!

egyptianbeast
Member # 7516

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptianbeast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a national anthem survey, 79% of Americans know the first line of the "Star-Spangled Banner."

Only 37% of Canadians know the first line to "Oh, Canada," which is really pathetic considering the first line of "Oh, Canada" is "Oh Canada."

Posts: 166 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lauriejohnston
Member # 7481

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by mydream:

We love Egypt too!

I can only say to "mydream" THANK YOU.
Two thumbs up for your great attitude..your wide vision and you're caring about the original topic which is "THE LOVE OF EGYPT".

THIS TOPIC IS ONLY FOR THOSE WHO CARE ABOUT EGYPT .OTHERS WHO ARE INTERESTED IN POLITICS OR ANY OTHER DIFFERENT ISSUES SHOULD LOOK INTO OTHER FORUMS.

I fully agree with every word you're saying.only INTELLIGENT REPLIES are the ones that are worth reading.

they won't understand why we have that much passion and why we are obssessed with the charms of such a great country like Egypt..
either they didn't go there ...or they are just envious and to blow the topic off.

I can't describe the feeling I had when I went to see the older cities in Cairo....don't have words enough to describe when I first saw the three great pyramids standing there ...I felt so proud to be there..I'm stepping on the land and the sand that before me pharoes were once living..
Goshh...Pharoes time was really such a remarkable era in the making of our history..did any of you read about "Pyramids secret" or "the great phareos mystery life"
Or "Egypt in the eyes of Pharoes"...

as I said before I have subscribed in a course that evolves about "Egypt history and mystery".

lots of things we don't know yet about Egypt and it's very long history.

but what we all know for sure that Egypt is a real legendary masterpiece and a mix of the modern,classic and old history in one place.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com