EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » le meridien giza

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: le meridien giza
frances
Member # 4681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for frances     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
has anyone stayed at the le meridien in giza and could i have any verdicts please? last year me and my boyfriend went to luxor and it was soo amazing the best holiday ever i am just hoping that cairo and giza live up to our exceptations!
Posts: 62 | From: england | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vi
Member # 7515

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First, Giza is a great place to stay.Then you shouldn't worry about what you'll get at Le Meridien or any other good(from 3 stars up) hotel in Egypt.
But I should advise you something: do not forget to tip the personnel, because in hospitality industry people do heavily depend on this source of income.Don't take the North American style to a country like Egypt and when tipping them do it graciously as a "thank you" and appreciation of their services and also don't be cheap, so that your tip could turn into an offend or means of humiliating people.

Posts: 15 | From: St.John's, Newfoundland,Canada | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frances
Member # 4681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for frances     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
like i said i went to luxor last year and i can tell when a egyptian likes a tip lol what restaurants would anyone recommend
Posts: 62 | From: england | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frances
Member # 4681

Rate Member
anybody?
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by frances:
anybody?

Hi,
I am staying in giza too, the swiss air restaurant is very nice. There is also one in a near by hotel but i cant remember the name. Basic advice if you are staying a few days try some where different each day. I have also heard the restaurant in the top of the tower is nice.

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frances
Member # 4681

Rate Member
apart from the pyramids to see what else is there to do
Ann
Member # 106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Try this link: http://www.lonelyplanet.com/destinations/africa/cairo/attractions.htm

Posts: 316 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

There are the pyramids obviously also the sphynx and the cairo museum which holds the mummies, you cannot take pictures of the mummies but you can take pictures in the museum as long as your flash is turned off. There are restaurants on the nile that do small cruises, the zoo in giza, there are many many things

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
quote:
like i said i went to luxor last year and i can tell when a egyptian likes a tip lol what restaurants would anyone recommend

There is also a nice restaurant called crepaway in giza , prices are reasonable and portions are great, food was wonderful. Hope you are having fun, i know i am

[This message has been edited by mysticheart (edited 02 June 2005).]

frances
Member # 4681

Rate Member
are u out there at the moment
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
quote:
are u out there at the moment

yes i am here in giza have been for a month and have 2 weeks left

frances
Member # 4681

Rate Member
alrite for some lol i wish it was me
frances
Member # 4681

Rate Member
is there changing room areas next to the pool

[This message has been edited by frances (edited 06 June 2005).]

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Le Meridian Pyramids in Giza is ok. It is a long way out of town, but the hotel has good views of the pyramids and is a nice hotel in itself.

The Le Med restaurant in the hotel is fantastic. I was lucky enough to do a restaurant review on it last month and WOW, it was good. Don't leave the hotel until you have at least had the Red Soup desert from there.
For a change walk down the street to the fish restaurant on the corner called Christos. It is a good restaurant and it is used to having tourists and foreigners there. Eat out on the roof over looking the pyramids. It's very good.
Another semi good restaurant just down the street from the Le Meridian is the Felfella Restaurant. Most tourists like it a lot. They offer a good variety of Egytian fare at a much more reasonable price than the hotel restaurants.

As to what to do..... pick up a guide book and read it before leaving. Cairo is chock full of things to do besides seeing the pyramids. There are more Pharonic sites, there are Islamic sites, there are Christian sites, there are markets and more. A good guide book will pay for itself if you have a good time.
www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com