EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Transportation and Accommedation in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Transportation and Accommedation in Egypt
thish_w
Member # 7582

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for thish_w     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

We are a bunch (6) of university students planning to visit Egypt for about 6 or 7 days. from the 17th of June. We will be coming from Aqaba, Jordan. We can use a bit of input/advice on the cheapast modes of travel and accommedation as we're running on a very tight budget.

Our plan is to take a ferry from Aqaba to Nuweiba, and from there to take a bus to Cairo. Stay in Cairo for a 4 days and travel to Alexandria. We'll stay in Alexendria for 2-3 days prior to taking our flight.

If anybody knows the transport methods and the costs on Train/Bus from Nuweiba to Cairo, and Cairo to Alexandria please help me out.

I'd also like to find out about youth hostles and their rates in Cairo and Alexandria.

Thanks,
Thish

Posts: 4 | From: Sri Lanka | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I just found it in web unless anyone local can give you better informations you could probably just call them up and let them confirm schedules and prices, you can speak arabic, afer all ? http://www.egypttourism.org/New%20Site/info/bus.htm
or http://www.sunshinediving.com/main_pages/buses.htm

I believe they provide different phone numbers so hard to say which is more fresh but anyway there seem to be plenty of buses in the morning and evening to and from Sinai areas.

Lodgings you might be able to find here: http://www.trav.com/cities/hotels/cairo.html
mots of them show prices per night when you click
I had somewhere a link to * and ** star hotels in Alexandria but have lost it, gave it in a thread here somewhere but I remember the same African House that is presented on Cairo page also has an African House in Alex, so you may ask them straight perhaps.

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now don't get me wrong I'm all for giving advice and help, but what is wrong with people these days. Does no-one do their own research any more? Of course it is easier to let everyone else do the work for you, but not nearly as satisfying.
Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thish_w
Member # 7582

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for thish_w     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello to everybody who had replied and made comments. Many Thanks for the replies. Nevermind your information was very useful.

Well, i've done quite a lot of research looking for any kind of solid info on how to make reservations for buses/hotels etc., but found no luck.

I've done my Internet reservations business when i traveled to UK & Australia, but the websites for Jordan and Egypt have been of very little assitance to say the least. (hope i'm not offending anybody)

Anyways i though that this site was by ppl in Egypt and/or ppl who've been to Egypt. So though i could use a bit of expert advise.

anyways, hope i haven't stired up a honest's nest.Your assistance is much appreciated.
thanks & best wishes
Thishya
(Sri Lanka)

Posts: 4 | From: Sri Lanka | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterday was a bad day, my boss's son is overseas studying at the moment, I got an e-mail asking me to track down information for HIS thesis! Now as I have already said I don't mind helping anyone, but when I did my college degree I did it by myself. If I can find information so can he!

Students - I'm sure you will have a great time when you eventually get here.

KaaKaa, what is your point? Or should I just ask, what is the point of you?

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this topic has come up a few times before - try doing a search

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum1/HTML/000727.html

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum1/HTML/001136.html

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, kkkaaa. I just found one more interesting web page proudly announcing

THe Egyptian Hotel Guide 2001 - 2002
as recent as it gets, I believe

and as far as checked most hotels from other places are listed there, with phone numbers, prices, some with e-mails, and in order of stars
http://www.egypttourism.org/New%20Site/frm_diving.htm

Click "hotels" below, on some reason i could not get to link directly to that page,
and choose the region that interests you.

Of course we all here die for knowing comments of local people but it seems most often you get to talk here with people salivating about going there soon, about like me

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pe@rson
Member # 6764

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pe@rson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Royal Jordanian (through their subsidary Royal Wings) fly between Aqaba and Sharm El Sheikh. Apparently the flights are pretty cheap if you book early.
Posts: 150 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Semsema:
Yesterday was a bad day, my boss's son is overseas studying at the moment, I got an e-mail asking me to track down information for HIS thesis! Now as I have already said I don't mind helping anyone, but when I did my college degree I did it by myself. If I can find information so can he!

Students - I'm sure you will have a great time when you eventually get here.

You’re lucky Semsema, my old boss used to ask me to do his son’s school homework research! (It was actually light relief, so I didn’t mind doing some of it especially as I got paid while I was doing it too!)

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thish_w
Member # 7582

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for thish_w     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank every1. the tour plan is kinda falling into place. Next week is the Visa week. We can soon findout how (in)efficient the Jordanina Consulate and Egyptian Embassy in Sri Lanka are. I already heard from the Jordanian Consulate that the Hon. Consul is out of the country and nothing is being done. To add to it they've run out of Visa Stamps, and are waiting for a new stock. Wired.....

But if everything goes right, I'll be visiting Petra on the 17/18 June, and be In Cairo by 20th till 24th.

We've thought of taking the Ferry at Aqaba, but now also considering the flight. must weigh the pros and cons.

keep u posted on my plans.
c ya
thish

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Semsema:

KaaKaa, what is your point? Or should I just ask, what is the point of you?

lol @ sem!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com