EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Cairo airport to Dokki??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cairo airport to Dokki??
jurmic
Member # 7586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jurmic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard some interesting stories about Cairo's taxis and the public transport system. I'm planning to stay at the King Hotel (20 Abdel Rehim Sabry Street, Dokki). Can some please advise me on how I can get from the airport to the hotel using public transport (ie Bus Nos, routes etc)? Or is it more sensible to catch a taxi and how much should I expect to pay?

Any advice will be appreciated, Thank you!

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.toandfrom.org/airport/egypt.html

or if you are especially wealthy then order wa WELCOMING&TRANSFER SERVICE! (quite cute i think
http://www.egypt-uncovered.com/48hours/

except I believe the latter should take you to Dokki on a private jet or helicopter, to justify their price . Although level of attention and care are probably the source of most markup in hospitality industry so, it depends I guess

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how high your budget is but I wouldn't use public transportation from the airport even if there is any, which I'm not sure about. Getting on a Cairo public bus with luggage sounds like a nightmare.

Taxis from the airport to Dokki should be 30 to 50 LE, depending on your negotiation skills. There are also several car services available that have offices at the airport. You can wait until someone approaches you or directly go to their counter. The going rate airport - Mohandessin (or Dokki) is 40 to 45 LE.

I've used blue cab a lot for going to the airport or back, their phone number is 02-7609717

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, haven't been in Cairo for quite some time but I would also advise you not to take public transportation especially if you are visiting for the first time this exciting - and for European standards - "chaotic" city.

Of course the cab drivers outside of the airport want to make their money too and you might have to bargain about the price. But you will find an interesting guy who might even give you a little sight-seeing while going to your hotel in Dokki and god knows by the end of the drive you both already agree on a pick-up time in the evening again - because there is so much to visit and to see. Have much fun in Cairo!

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 10 May 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeeka
Member # 5516

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeeka   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will give you a ride for 40LE, email me on Hzeeka@yahoo.ca you flight detailed or call me on 0101672905
Zeeka

Posts: 252 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemonspice
Member # 5667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemonspice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would also NOT advise u to take public transportation, at least not from the airport! U simply cant avoid being ripped-off there.. I have been with Blue Cab before, and they r worth it. They charge 'normal' prices, pick u up with a nice car with AC. Better than any taxi.
Posts: 604 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemonspice
Member # 5667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemonspice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgot to say, if ur planning to call Blue Cab, then u must do that at least a day before-they're always fully booked. 'To avoid any dissapointments'!
Posts: 604 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pe@rson
Member # 6764

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pe@rson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might find this helpful
http://www.cairo-airport.com/services_transportation.asp

Posts: 150 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com