EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Tombs?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tombs?
Spireite
Member # 7406

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Spireite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone tell which tombs are open in VOK?
I will be arriving on 1st June.
Thanks

Posts: 9 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vi
Member # 7515

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try this one(copy and paste into your browser)
http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~ancient/kv.htm

Vi

Posts: 15 | From: St.John's, Newfoundland,Canada | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverjustme
Member # 7583

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreverjustme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vi:
Try this one(copy and paste into your browser)
http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~ancient/kv.htm

Vi

Hi, I couldn't find any information on this site about which tombs are open... Myabe I just couldn't find it? I'm sure someone has more updated info, last time I was there was about 3 weeks ago, and then they had just closed Ramesses III and VI and opened Merenptah and Thutmose III. I can't remember all the ones that were open then but the ones I usually recommend and that are usually open are Ramesses IV, Thutmose IV, Sety II, Tawosret/Sethnakte. I think Ramesses IX and Ramesses VII were open too.

I have been wondering if there is anywhere on the net to find updated information on the tombs that are open. Anyone know?

Posts: 19 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spireite
Member # 7406

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spireite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope to see taurset and setnakht as it looks interesting. http://thebanmappingproject.com/
Posts: 9 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nefertari is closed, Seti is always closed, KV5 is not yet open, and tutmosis III is closed for restoration. (I think it has developed a crack.) Ramses I, III, V/VI are all open so are most of the others.
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverjustme
Member # 7583

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreverjustme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Luxorlover:
Nefertari is closed, Seti is always closed, KV5 is not yet open, and tutmosis III is closed for restoration. (I think it has developed a crack.) Ramses I, III, V/VI are all open so are most of the others.

Hey, are you sure Ramesses III and V/VI are open at the moment? Just curious because they were open all season then just suddenly they closed both few weeks ago. I was under the impression they would stay closed for a while...

Posts: 19 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might be right. It is about 4 weeks since I was last there so the situation could have changed. I will be going there again in a couple of weeks so i can check them all out again. They seem to open and close them without warning.
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ram III and VI have been closed about 2 weeks now and Tut III and Merenptah opened.

But tombs do get closed on the day so you can never be too sure what you will see. It is best to have a list of 4/5 that you want to see and hopefully at least 3 will be open. You can check the board as you go in by the Tut ticket office and security barrier. Also check with the guardians as you go in in case any have been closed for that day only

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spireite
Member # 7406

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spireite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Confused?

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Don't worry about being confused. If you live in Luxor you are always confused.
Spireite
Member # 7406

Rate Member
I'm confused wherever I am :-)
I think I will turn up and see whats open.

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
That what we do

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com