EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Mashad of Umm Kulthum, is this where the famous Diva got her name?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mashad of Umm Kulthum, is this where the famous Diva got her name?
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright its getting late, but I am in the mist of reading a very great architectural publication by Caroline Williams on Fatmid monuments in Cairo. I think I have found the inspiration for the great songstresses chosen title, but I am not sure maybe just a coincidence.

Here's the link: http://archnet.org/library/documents/one-document.tcl?document_id=3642

Title: "The Cult of Alid Saints in the Fatimid Monuments of Cairo"

look on the second page 'Mausolea Built Around 1122.'

Really very interesting. Enjoy!!!

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi sonomond, umm kultuhm was the name of one of the prophet's (pbuh) daughters.

best

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com