EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » hurghada resorts - please help!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hurghada resorts - please help!!
american gal
Member # 7382

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for american gal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello! This is a question for those of you familiar with Hurghada. My fiance and I are planning a mini-honeymoon (5 nights) after we are married in July. We've already visited Sharm and Dahab so we were thinking of Hurghada this time. I like the looks of the Marriott Hurghada Resort and the Conrad Hurghada Resort. Of course, it's always hard to tell on the internet... they make every hotel look 4 or 5 star. Any help from someone who is familiar with one/both (or another place that's similar) would be much appreciated. Thanks!!
Posts: 44 | From: Massachusetts - U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marriott and Conrad are both very nice hotels.... Marriott is a tiny bit off the beaten track.. the road bypasses it over the other side of the hill.. about 10 mins walk to get a bus into town..
Conrad is a bit further south.. on the bus route.. probably 20 mins by bus to town centre.. but buses are very frequent!!
I would say they are both equally nice... maybe my friend Semsema can enlighten you a bit more.. she works for hotel guest relations and knows a lot more than me.... she will probably read this tomorrow.
I hope you have a lovely stay.. I've lived in Hurghada 2 years now and I love it!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
american gal
Member # 7382

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for american gal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Samia,
That's good to know, thank you. We were leaning towards the Conrad and it's even a bit cheaper (so that works)!! We're really looking forward to our visit to Hurghada. We loved our stays in Sharm and Dahab, so I'm sure Hurghada will be right up there. Thanks again.

quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
Marriott and Conrad are both very nice hotels.... Marriott is a tiny bit off the beaten track.. the road bypasses it over the other side of the hill.. about 10 mins walk to get a bus into town..
Conrad is a bit further south.. on the bus route.. probably 20 mins by bus to town centre.. but buses are very frequent!!
I would say they are both equally nice... maybe my friend Semsema can enlighten you a bit more.. she works for hotel guest relations and knows a lot more than me.... she will probably read this tomorrow.
I hope you have a lovely stay.. I've lived in Hurghada 2 years now and I love it!

Posts: 44 | From: Massachusetts - U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there,

Yes I would agree with Samia, the Conrad may be your better bet. Reports are very good.

Let us know what you decide and if there is any other help I can give just let me know.

I'm sure you will have a great holiday.

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
american gal
Member # 7382

Rate Member
I'm pretty sure we've decided on the Conrad. It's good to hear your positive report. I'm really looking forward to relaxing in the sun (where I live right now it is averaging 20 degrees below normal so I'm freezing!!). Also looking forward to exploring Hurghada....
Thanks!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Semsema:
Hi there,

Yes I would agree with Samia, the Conrad may be your better bet. Reports are very good.

Let us know what you decide and if there is any other help I can give just let me know.

I'm sure you will have a great holiday.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com