EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » A little help with Arabic. Please please please!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A little help with Arabic. Please please please!!!
kifaru
Member # 4698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kifaru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I'm new to this forum but I sometimes post to the Ancient Egyptology forum.
I want to translate some words from songs for my pen pal in Egypt. How do you say "forever" in Arabic. As in "I will love you forever" or "Our love will lsat forever"?
Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 167 | From: usa | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
queer3latool
Member # 5910

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for queer3latool     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good morning kifaru
well forever that u mean it can be said in arabic ala tool
i will love you forever(hahebak ala tool)this to a guy but if u r saying it to a girl u will say (bahebek ala tool)
our love will last forever(hobena hayfdal ala tool)
i hope i have been of any help to you
make sure to ask about anything u want always welcome dear

Posts: 21 | From: cairo | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no, no, no, correction, this is egyptian arabic. and its very romantic to hear someone say i love you in egyptian. You dont want to hear it in Iraqi! You will run for your life!
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
no, no, no, correction, this is egyptian arabic. and its very romantic to hear someone say i love you in egyptian. You dont want to hear it in Iraqi! You will run for your life!

hehe what were you doing in iraq?

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
havent been there in a while now, But I am iraqi as you may know, and well our words are a bit rough. when you hear us talk you would think that we were fighting all the time!
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
havent been there in a while now, But I am iraqi as you may know, and well our words are a bit rough. when you hear us talk you would think that we were fighting all the time!

really? i thought you were egyptian, especially since you are always defending it! its nice of you though. i'm sad though i wanted you to be egyptian like me. also you are a very nice person so i thought thats great we have a nice example of an egyptian lady!

best

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Paint Me As I Am:
I defend Egypt as well..All though i am not Egyptian nor Arab.. 4sure am nice...so..how would u say it if i was in Iraq? My heart remains w/Egypt..just curious on it is said among the people of the world. I said it in my language. i speak German as well and we say: Ich Liebe Dich.. Dad is: Mexican/French---Mom is: German-Japanese..umm, i don't speak french-japanese...sorry---thx:Jannah/Dyeanna

Hi how are you? i noticed you defend egypt all the time too which is great. thank you very much for doing that. its nice to know that there are non-egyptians who appreciate it too. by the way what does Jennah/dyeanna mean? is it your name? jennah means heaven in arabic

best

kifaru
Member # 4698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kifaru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shukran,queer3latool. I really appreciate the help. If I ever get a chance to hit egypt i'll be sure to look you up. I'll probably have more questions if you don't mind. Shukran jazeelan, habibi.
Posts: 167 | From: usa | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by 7aya:
really? i thought you were egyptian, especially since you are always defending it! its nice of you though. i'm sad though i wanted you to be egyptian like me. also you are a very nice person so i thought thats great we have a nice example of an egyptian lady!

best

Since I have lived my life mostly in the west, I have never felt anywhere close to home. I have travelled to all parts of europe and most arabic countries. But egypt I dont know, Can you belive on my first day there, I was at the nile sitting at those houseboats, I was so happy that I started to cry. I still cant forget that feeling.
I have had an empty place inside of me of not having a place that i feel at home with.. But in egypt I felt sooo happy so alive. I know that maybe i will never see egypt again and I know I will never get the opportunity to live there. But the feeling of my first day i Egypt will always remain in my heart.

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Since I have lived my life mostly in the west, I have never felt anywhere close to home. I have travelled to all parts of europe and most arabic countries. But egypt I dont know, Can you belive on my first day there, I was at the nile sitting at those houseboats, I was so happy that I started to cry. I still cant forget that feeling.
I have had an empty place inside of me of not having a place that i feel at home with.. But in egypt I felt sooo happy so alive. I know that maybe i will never see egypt again and I know I will never get the opportunity to live there. But the feeling of my first day i Egypt will always remain in my heart.

hi sara how are you? i was very touched by your post, its lovely. that must have been a very special moment for you. by the way, why do you say you may never visit egypt agian. i thought you said once you came here
four times last year. well i hope you come again inshallah so we can meet!
back to the iraqi dialect. do you know naseer shama? he's an iraqi lute player, who resides in egypt, but plays all over the world. anyway i try to go to his concerts as often as i can. and usually between songs he speaks a little about the meaning about his next piece and so on. i just love love his dialect. its so manly and classic. i love it!

best

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by 7aya:
hi sara how are you? i was very touched by your post, its lovely. that must have been a very special moment for you. by the way, why do you say you may never visit egypt agian. i thought you said once you came here
four times last year. well i hope you come again inshallah so we can meet!
back to the iraqi dialect. do you know naseer shama? he's an iraqi lute player, who resides in egypt, but plays all over the world. anyway i try to go to his concerts as often as i can. and usually between songs he speaks a little about the meaning about his next piece and so on. i just love love his dialect. its so manly and classic. i love it!

best

Hey 7aya,
Well the thing is that i will be moving to Ireland for studying medicine. and I know that by this studying it will not make it easy for me to travel to egypt.
I was suppose to come now after 8 of june, but I still cant find a ticket. so I have to wait and see.

about that lute player...No i dont think I have heard of him, but i know this famous Oud player who happens to be iraqi. he was in egypt in the winter.

Well the dialect.. it depends on wich part of iraq you are coming from. you can find the harsh dialect who sounds like monkeys arguing or the snobbish dialect who seems like two brittish old ladies having a candle light tea

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com