EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » CHEAP FLIGHTS TO EGYPT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CHEAP FLIGHTS TO EGYPT
MARKHAM05
Member # 7497

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for MARKHAM05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, I am trying to find a cheap flight to Luxor in August this year so far the cheapest i can find is £278 pound return if anyone has any other prices id really appreciate it. Also accomadation if anyone has stayed in teh Golden Palace Hotel any views would be great. Thank you x
Posts: 15 | From: England | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It might help if you tell people where you're flying from!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bombay1
Member # 5213

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bombay1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
You can keep an eye on these sites and take a chance on getting a cheap flight near to your departure date. August is hot so you should find a seat at a cheaper price. Also keep any eye on Hurghada as its a 5 hr coach trip but is pleasent for a 2 centre trip. Geisum Village is a good beach hotel at reasonable prices.
http://www.charterflights.co.uk/flights/egypt/luxor
http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/Default.aspx?DEST=LXR&source=g http://www.thomsonflights.com/bd/home?formAction=initiateFareSearch

You can usualy get the tickets cheaper at Thomson, Freedom Flights etc but this is a good way of seeing the trend in the prices.

The Golden Palace is ok but you can find better, The Flobater and the Royal House are both very good hotels on St Joseph Street prices from £7 for a single to £10 for a double and £18 for a suite at the Royal.

R

Posts: 53 | From: uk/Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogue
Member # 7858

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Rogue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is it so difficult to find cheap flights when I want to stay in Luxor for 30 days ?

I tried so many websites...either they cost a fortune or dont have any results at all.
I would like to go to luxor again in the middle of september from Manchester (UK).

Posts: 6 | From: Manchester, England | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bombay1
Member # 5213

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bombay1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
The max you can stay on a charter ie THOMSONS is 28 days recently Egypt has become hot on charter tickets.
You will be able to book these in August but these could be pricey as they take 2 week ticket prices from your departure date and the 2 weeks upto your return and divide by 2 to get 28 day price. Most people look for cheap flights to Cairo and take the train as there are usualy good deals on the many scheduled carriers into Cairo, only egyptair fly direct to Luxor on a Monday and you will be looking at around £300+ their tickets are usualy valid for upto 1 month, more than this and the price goes up. But you will probably need hotels in Cairo as the Trains don't conect to well with the flight times.
r

Posts: 53 | From: uk/Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogue
Member # 7858

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rogue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Bombay.
I will have a lookaround and watch the prices. How much is a train ticket from cairo.
I used the train from Aswan to luxor which was really cheap...30 L.E

Posts: 6 | From: Manchester, England | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MARKHAM05
Member # 7497

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MARKHAM05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello Thank you for your replies i am flying from Birningham BLX or Manchester also i am not going to pre book my accomadation as im sure i can find better whilst there do you think this is wise...
Posts: 15 | From: England | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chiggie
Member # 3526

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chiggie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The cheapest option is to fly into Cairo and get the train to Luxor.

Try KLM airlines as they are the cheapest but you will have an 8 hour layover in Amsterdam. Swissair is the next cheapest.

The beauty of those 2 airlines is that you can choose how many days you go for.

Im flying to Cairo with Swissair on 25th June for 6 weeks and 1 day and the cost for 2 adults (actually 1 adult and 1 15 year old) and 1 child was £776 including taxes etc. I would have gone with KLM as they were £70 cheaper but i knew i would pay more than that trying to keep the kids occupied on the layovers and the landing times were antisocial for a family.

Posts: 29 | From: portsmouth, UK | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chami
Member # 6572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chami     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MARKHAM05:
Hello, I am trying to find a cheap flight to Luxor in August this year so far the cheapest i can find is £278 pound return if anyone has any other prices id really appreciate it. Also accomadation if anyone has stayed in teh Golden Palace Hotel any views would be great. Thank you x

hi,i dont know best for cheap flights but i have stayed in golden palace and my advice is DONT.? i booked for 2 weeks and stayed just 1 night,it was filthy,bed linen was badly stained,i sat in a chair all night. little garden hotel, windsor,new radwan,all very cheap but clean.

Posts: 32 | From: england | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MARKHAM05
Member # 7497

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MARKHAM05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really that must have being terrible little garden Hotel is that then i have heard reccomendations have you stayed there then?
MARKHAM05
Member # 7497

Rate Member
Hi chiggie, (think thats right sorry if its wrong) Thank you for your help KLM seems quite expensive we really wanted a direct flight as only there for a week any other suggestions or do you think that £278 pounds is good for a return flight direct to Luxor.Thats with Thompson aswell
Bombay1
Member # 5213

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bombay1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just paid £149 not for August, but end June you can take a chance and wait if you look on the site above regularly you can see the price trends.
r

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bombay1:
I just paid £149 not for August, but end June you can take a chance and wait if you look on the site above regularly you can see the price trends.
r

From UK?? which airline??

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just found a site doing cheap charters to Luxor from the UK... end of June was just £139
http://www.gatewayholidays.co.uk

They are part of the Somak group and fully ABTA and ATOL bonded. Worth a look

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bombay1
Member # 5213

Rate Member
Hi Just checked today it now £181 with Thomsons booked direct. Be carefull of the listed price on some sites as once you start to book extras like TAX, SECURITY, Ticket On Departure and meals are added and bump up the price quite a lot.
http://www.thomsonflights.com/bd/home?formAction=initiateFareSearch

R

Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bombay
Dont you find that Thomson booked direct has got expensive? There are some much better deals around if you have the time to search.
I usually use A1 Travel, and they always beat Thomson Direct, usually by about a tenner, including taxes and security levies and stuff.
And I hate the way the Thomson Direct site now quotes a price for each way excluding taxes etc. So by the time you get to an actual figure you will pay, its gone up dramatically.

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sazzle
Member # 7920

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sazzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should try redseaflights.com, sometimes has some very cheap deals, but thats to the red sea area.
Posts: 3 | From: U.K | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogue
Member # 7858

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rogue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cant seem to find a cheap flight from Manchester to Luxor from 25th july to 8th of august.
The cheapest so far is 359 Pound with all tax
Anyone knows any other good website for cheap flights

Rogue
Member # 7858

Rate Member
I found a flight from 20th july to 3rd august for 258 pound now....
Suzanna
Member # 6258

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suzanna   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sazzle--

what is this website-- redseaflights.com-- I try it but nothing comes up -- can u verify for me the address ???

thank you

Posts: 54 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Suzanna:
sazzle--

what is this website-- redseaflights.com-- I try it but nothing comes up -- can u verify for me the address ???

thank you

It was out of order for 2 days but its back now!! You can fly to Sharm for 99 pds incl. tax.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com