EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Hi everyone - VISA FORM UK

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hi everyone - VISA FORM UK
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Helllo Everyone.

My name is Kamal...
My dear friend [whom asked not to be named]
as he says he has alot of enemies here...

I live in LONDON very close to the Egyptian CONSULATE

I am sure there must be alot of BRITS who have gone to Egypt? and needed a VISA

Please can you all tell me what is the best way to go about it?

Should I visit the office in KNIGHTBRIDGE? or should I post it?
Is it long waiting time in the office?
Bribery happen in UK?
or better i get it in the airport???
will it be cheaper/expensive?

Prompt RESPONSE will be appreciated as I will leave soon

Feamanillah

Bye

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann
Member # 106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kamal211:
Helllo Everyone.

My name is Kamal...

I am sure there must be alot of BRITS who have gone to Egypt? and needed a VISA

Please can you all tell me what is the best way to go about it?

Should I visit the office in KNIGHTBRIDGE? or should I post it?
Is it long waiting time in the office?
Bribery happen in UK?
or better i get it in the airport???
will it be cheaper/expensive?

Prompt RESPONSE will be appreciated as I will leave soon

Feamanillah

Bye

British citizens can obtain a visa for Egypt upon arrival in Egypt, just buy a visa at one of the banks or the Thomas Cook boots at the airport (cost USD 15).

Posts: 316 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Umm Laura
Member # 7766

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Umm Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by Umm Laura (edited 03 June 2005).]

Posts: 21 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Helllo Everyone.

My name is Kamal...

Should I visit the office in KNIGHTBRIDGE?

If you really live near it.. you will know the Egyptian consulate is not in Knightsbridge!!!

And.... what is all this enemy stuff!!!

And.... why do you need bribery???

[This message has been edited by Samia (edited 03 June 2005).]

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

It cost £15 to buy a VISA from the UK.
if it cost $15 in Egypt [about £8] ...
that is well worth it.

But my arrival time is about 3am, therefore i think the shop will be closed.

Samia, I am sorry but do u know what is Egyptian Consulate?
Try this site: http://www.egyptianconsulate.co.uk/

and click on contact us, you can either post or go in person, to Lowndes St, which is in knightbridge.

I am sure there are quite many BRITS here, do you all buy VISA at the point of arrival?? or buy before you leave??

PS. I will be arriving in Alexenderia Borg El Arab Airport [ALY].

Thank u

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valerie
Member # 6806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valerie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can buy a visa on arrival...that will last a month....you can get visa via post....this is a form for a three month visa, which will take a week to process.....BUT if you live in London you can call round and collect and wait for visa
Posts: 290 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Valerie,

Thank you

R U from UK, can u tell me if there is a difference in price between the one month brought at the airport, or the 3 month brought from the consulate?

also how long does it take to buy one from the airport, i.e. long queue. can u buy from Alexandria - 3am in morining? 7 days a weeek?

i will phone them on monday but if anyone know b4 hand that wil be good..

the egyptian embassy people n consulate people r not very customer friendly ...and look very agry 4 no reason

akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Valerie,

Thank you

R U from UK, can u tell me if there is a difference in price between the one month brought at the airport, or the 3 month brought from the consulate?

also how long does it take to buy one from the airport, i.e. long queue. can u buy from Alexandria - 3am in morining? 7 days a weeek?

i will phone them on monday but if anyone know b4 hand that wil be good..

the egyptian embassy people n consulate people r not very customer friendly ...and look very agry 4 no reason

The visa you get from the consulate last for 3 months and costs £15

the visa you get from the airport lasts one months and costs £10 (actually you sometimes get change because of a favourable exchange rate)

I would say most Brits get the visa at the airport and the place selling stamps is always open. I have never landed at Alex but have at Cairo and Luxor and those places never close. The queue is dependent on how many people on the plane want a visa. It helps to have filled out your card on the airplane and to have a £10 note ready. Try and be first out of the plane if you are in hurry otherwise, relax get used to a different pace of life.

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Thank u very much Akshar

The exact answer i was looking for
ok, i'll phone up and ask if they sell it in alex and whether they will accept a £10 note in british money, in the early hours of the morning.

I dont think Thomas Cook will be open, so better i have enough Egpytian money with me.

Bye

Thank U

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

ok, i'll phone up and ask if they sell it in alex and whether they will accept a £10 note in british money, in the early hours of the morning.

I dont think Thomas Cook will be open, so better i have enough Egpytian money with me.

Bye

Thank U

This all only applies if you have a British passport.. I'm assuming you have!
Lowndes Street is in Belgravia.. I would not call it Knightsbridge... and now you cannot wait.. you have to go back the next day!
The airport is easier by far....and they will be very happy to take English money... no problem!!
TIP....
If you're planning to come again, pick up 2 forms and buy 2 lots of stamps,keep one lot, so next time you don't have to wait in line!!
I did this when I was coming from UK often!!! It works!!
Have a nice trip!!

[This message has been edited by Samia (edited 04 June 2005).]

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valerie
Member # 6806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valerie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not have to say a word...GOOD LUCK
Posts: 290 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow.

i was told this forum is very good to find out just about anything about egypt...

but never knew it will be this good
thx 2 my colleague, i will sure return here once i think of more questions

i think i will take the chance and buy it in Alex airport, hope i dont get intounneccesary troubles by official....but first i will phone and find out if they sell VISA in Alex Borg el Arab Airport.

Thank U all

Bye

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com